The Released and Retained Thread

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughes, Maher and Kalalalalal bye bye

Allott, WOLFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Stam still in negotiaitions!

Penney doesn't seem keen on any of the latter three either - I'd expect they've been offered very weak deals as squad players.

Just what have any of these two done to justify a new deal its ridiculous im really annoyed

If you can pay them a pittence to provide cover then why not? You always need squad players and they're always going to be of a lower standard.

I doubt Penney will be offering them money that he can't afford to lose from his budget. If you don't pay them you pay someone else!

I think it was almost certain that Wolfy would be getting a new deal, after the praise he got off Joe, the only reason id be dissapointed with him getting a new deal is if he isnt loaned out immediately.

Its the Stam deal thats puzzled me :deal2:

It doesn't say they have been offered deals. They are in discussions.

Well what does that mean..... they would have been released if he didnt want them, id rather have got rid of all of them and kept gregan, wolf isnt even fit to lace Brookes boots yet he will be ahead of him, cant stand the fact that he is a pro footballer when hes no better than halifax fc

Kev going has proved that the Greegs thing was a cost-cutting exercise and not a footballing decision - getting the big wages off the pay roll.

Thanks Kev, he's done very well this season and I'd have liked him to have stayed.

Wolfy has a knack of pulling out the good performances when he needs to secure himself a deal. He had a good game at Walsall in front of the new gaffer. There must be something in him though for manager after manager to keep him on. I just hope he can deliver at some point.

The question isn't about who has been released or retained.

The question is.... who will he bring in?

I believe Maher, Kalalalalala and Gregan hogged a large chunk of the wage bill.

I doubt very much that Stam or Wolfie will if they accept any deal offered to them.

No need to overreact.

The OS now states that Wolfenden has been offered a "short term deal". I doubt that's going to break the bank.

Quote:

Two players, Mark Allott and Stefan Stam have meetings with the manager pencilled in for later this afternoon.

Matty Wolfenden, who is out of contract, has been offered a short term deal which he is currently thinking over.

Which means they are in discussions about a deal!

It doesn't neccessarily. Penney may want to keep them but on his terms, lower wages for example so he has more of a budget to work with to bring players in. It's midday too, he might not even have got round to speaking to them yet!

No need to overreact.

The OS now states that Wolfenden has been offered a "short term deal". I doubt that's going to break the bank.

Quote:

Two players, Mark Allott and Stefan Stam have meetings with the manager pencilled in for later this afternoon.

Matty Wolfenden, who is out of contract, has been offered a short term deal which he is currently thinking over.

You mean that the world isn't ending like some would have us believe!? Damn! :lol:

@JSS - I have reason to believe that we (OAFC) were not paying Mahers wage this year and that may be the reason he's gone, out of our price range.

Grow up!

Allott will walk imo, he has previous form in trying to play hard ball, Penney will tell him to sign or GTF outta BP. Simples! Stam I would keep but on a similar deal to one that has just expired. No play = no play as he's too much of a sicknote. Having said this anyone who is back-up next season will at least be afforded the opportunity to actually play games in the ressies. So if they're needed at least they'll be bloody match fit!

I said at the time Maher was a waste of a signing and wage that should have gone on a centreback.

As for Wolfy and Stam, if they are offered deals it will be for pittances and they will there as back up. Stefan Stam as back up or a Seb Hines loan signing?