Special Message For Neil Kilkenny

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesnt bitterness make people look stupid?

Leeds or Oldham? I know who i would rather play for!

Get over it

Is that in response to me?

Being a Latics fan it's quite obvious who you would play for.

However, what do you do for a living? If a company head hunted you and offered you a much larger salary then would you turn it down? I very much doubt it.

However, what do you do for a living? If a company head hunted you and offered you a much larger salary then would you turn it down? I very much doubt it.

Pete calm down man dont think it was response too you.

Its a responce to all the Kilkenny haters on here who make themselves look daft because a Birmingham loan player we had signed for Leeds

If i got offered a job for a bigger company on a lot better wage then i erm would take it without giving it a second thought

get a life and get over it

Its a responce to all the Kilkenny haters on here who make themselves look daft because a Birmingham loan player we had signed for Leeds

If i got offered a job for a bigger company on a lot better wage then i erm would take it without giving it a second thought

Too true.

lol. thanks for that.

I think people are pissed off with Kilkenny because, having (literally) begged to be saved from Big Bad Steve Bruce, not once but TWICE, and then having been offered the absolute best deal we could offer him (I think it was reputed to be the largest contract TTA had offered) he decided to go for the money.

Yes, the loan moves suited Latics as we temporarily secured his services, but he could have easily shown a little loyalty to the club by signing what was still no doubt a relatively good deal. He was (still is) just a kid really who would have plenty of time to move on if things hadn't worked out here.

I was talking to Andy Barlow a while back and he said he was a bit disillusioned with football in general, as there was no loyalty these days. He made the remark that he'd "given the club his whole career". He wasn't bitter, far from it, but I got the distinct feeling that he had fallen out of love with the professional game (he still works for the FA at grass roots level I believe) due to the mercenary nature of the 'business' now.

So lets not make out that everyone who wasn't entirely happy with thr way NK behaved is some kind of fool, eh? Football is emotive at the best of times, even more so when it's YOUR club who are involved.

I think people are pissed off with Kilkenny because, having (literally) begged to be saved from Big Bad Steve Bruce, not once but TWICE, and then having been offered the absolute best deal we could offer him (I think it was reputed to be the largest contract TTA had offered) he decided to go for the money.

Yes, the loan moves suited Latics as we temporarily secured his services, but he could have easily shown a little loyalty to the club by signing what was still no doubt a relatively good deal. He was (still is) just a kid really who would have plenty of time to move on if things hadn't worked out here.

I was talking to Andy Barlow a while back and he said he was a bit disillusioned with football in general, as there was no loyalty these days. He made the remark that he'd "given the club his whole career". He wasn't bitter, far from it, but I got the distinct feeling that he had fallen out of love with the professional game (he still works for the FA at grass roots level I believe) due to the mercenary nature of the 'business' now.

So lets not make out that everyone who wasn't entirely happy with thr way NK behaved is some kind of fool, eh? Football is emotive at the best of times, even more so when it's YOUR club who are involved.

EVERYBODY knows there is no loyalty in football, he went for better money and better career prospects - fair play to the lad.

and wether he begged for a loan move and first team football is irrelevant, if we didnt want him we wouldnt have had him! We didnt take him because he was 'begging to come, we took him simply because hes a good player hence why he is at Leeds now

It amazes me how some of our ex players get unjustified abuse

EVERYBODY knows there is no loyalty in football, he went for better money and better career prospects - fair play to the lad.

and wether he begged for a loan move and first team football is irrelevant, if we didnt want him we wouldnt have had him! We didnt take him because he was 'begging to come, we took him simply because hes a good player hence why he is at Leeds now

It amazes me how some of our ex players get unjustified abuse

And current players, Alan Hardy, TTA, shop staff, Ticket Office, Franny Ward, Stu Vose etc.

The number of folk on here who are never happier than when moaning and outraged is incredible. They must have so little sense of perspective and live in a constant state of teeth grinding frustration.

And current players, Alan Hardy, TTA, shop staff, Ticket Office, Franny Ward, Stu Vose etc.

The number of folk on here who are never happier than when moaning and outraged is incredible. They must have so little sense of perspective and live in a constant state of teeth grinding frustration.

Lighten up FFS, nothing wrong with having a cheap dig at an ex-player who thinks he is better than he is and flattered to deceive in both his spells with the club - particularly his second spell.

The fact he is still a League One player is highly-amusing.

Lighten up FFS, nothing wrong with having a cheap dig at an ex-player who thinks he is better than he is and flattered to deceive in both his spells with the club - particularly his second spell.

Sad. Very sad.

yawn yawn

The bird in the ticket office wasnt showing as much cleaverage today - ITS AN OUTRAGE, IM EMAILING ALAN HARDY

exactly :grin:

So he didnt contribute in keeping us up then?

IMO NO! Despite being fantastic in his first ten games, He went missing from just after Christmas and never really recovered his form, especially when Croft left in February. He caused well publicised problems within the camp through his gob:censored:e attitude and Ronnie Moore himself was happy to see him leave - from the horses mouth in the IOM.

Luke Beckett and Chris Killen's goals kept us up, with David Eyres supplying most of them. KK's input at the end of the season was negligible. Simlar to the :censored:e we saw from him in most of his appearances last season.

Edited by oafcprozac

of course he did but, why does that mean we're not allowed to be amused that a player who turned us down for more money and, more importantly, a greater chance of promotion/Championship football is still languishing in the same :censored: league as us a year and a half later?

IMO NO! Despite being fantastic in his first ten games, He went missing from just after Christmas and never really recovered his form, especially when Croft left in February. He caused well publicised problems within the camp through his gob:censored:e attitude and Ronnie Moore himself was happy to see him leave - from the horses mouth in the IOM.

Luke Beckett and Chris Killen's goals kept us up, with David Eyres supplying most of them. KK's input at the end of the season was negligible. Simlar to the :censored:e we saw from him in most of his appearances last season.

Were the points accrued in November/December not just as important as the points accrued in March-May (not that there were many...)?

Were the points accrued in November/December not just as important as the points accrued in March-May (not that there were many...)?

Ok during that brief period he did contribute, but the one outstanding factor in us avoiding relegation that year was Beckett and Killen's end of season partnership of 9 goals in 8 games. I would be interested to see that as our 'creative' player how many he was credited with assists for.

I'm not doubting that KK is a quality player on his day but he is not as good as many make out.

he plays for a bigger club, he plays in front of bigger crowds, he gets payed more money, plays with better players,

played at wembley last year, played in the play offs not a week ago, finished higher in the league than his former loan club twice since he left. and has a better chance of promotion again next season

did he make the wrong choice? :blink: