Scott Golbourne

The released players at Reading shows just how many going to be available with knock on effects

Graeme Murty, Marcus Hahnemann, Leroy Lita and Michael Duberry have all been released at the end of their contracts this summer.

Alan Bennett and young pros Gary Frewen, Scott Golbourne, Tom Hateley and Daniel Spence will also leave the Club.

Goulbourne looked good for me excellent at this level, did great at the foxes.

Enquiry for Duberry better than gregan probably wont be flooded with great offers due to his age

The released players at Reading shows just how many going to be available with knock on effects

Graeme Murty, Marcus Hahnemann, Leroy Lita and Michael Duberry have all been released at the end of their contracts this summer.

Alan Bennett and young pros Gary Frewen, Scott Golbourne, Tom Hateley and Daniel Spence will also leave the Club.

Goulbourne looked good for me excellent at this level, did great at the foxes.

would take the keeper and defo lita if we could get them but no chance of that.

This surely must be a different Golbourne to the one who was pretty pants when on loan with us! :huh:

(p.s i obviously know its the same one, for anyone who dosent quite get internet sarcasm!).

I don't think Golbourne was that bad, fairly quick, decent enough at tackling, what's the big problem? His main downside for me was his awareness and positioning, he cost us a couple of times by not holding his line and despite his brilliant performance at Leicester we were lucky to get away with it on more than one occasion that day.

I don't think Golbourne was that bad, fairly quick, decent enough at tackling, what's the big problem? His main downside for me was his awareness and positioning, he cost us a couple of times by not holding his line and despite his brilliant performance at Leicester we were lucky to get away with it on more than one occasion that day.

Funny how peoples memory of a player changes after he (and the then manager) leaves/goes back. When he was here hardly anyone had anything positive to say about him (apart from that clearance at Leicester!). Theres much better around im sure.

That goal line clearance at Leicester!!

This surely must be a different Golbourne to the one who was pretty pants when on loan with us!

I thought he was a decent player. The only concern has to be if Reading don't think he's good enough for the Championship, will he bring a quality that will help us get there?

I thought he was a decent player. The only concern has to be if Reading don't think he's good enough for the Championship, will he bring a quality that will help us get there?

However, just because Reading dont think he`s good enough dosent mean he actually isnt .. weve seen it plenty of times people cast players off to be proved wrong! However i still wouldnt want him here, as i said there will be better around, and who`d probably ask for cheaper wages.

He was taken to the cleaners by several div 1 wingers.

Must have missed that then.

Thought he did okay. Young lad still learning his trade. Much better than the right back we stick there. Wouldn't say no, but we have no idea what Penney is thinking on this type of thing.

Golbourne looked solid to me and I thought even though he wasnt firing on all cylinders you could tell he had something about him, much more talented player than Lomax!!! Fairplay, Lomax good versitile squad player for a team like us but I cant see him ever progressing beyond that. Id love to be proved wrong but doubt I will be.