All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

Post up ya links.

I can't find it online... it was either in The Daily Hate Mail or The Mirror today. I read it at the hospital so I don't have it anymore.

I don't despute your point that drinking on a regular basis is a bad thing... but the point that they're not entitled to a week away at the single furthest point they can get from a competitive game seems OTT to me, especially when the most successful team in the last 15 years can go out on the piss a couple of weeks before their single biggest game of the season.

Obviously the players are not directly comparable. It's simply an example.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't find it online... it was either in The Daily Hate Mail or The Mirror today. I read it at the hospital so I don't have it anymore.

I don't despute your point that drinking on a regular basis is a bad thing... but the point that they're not entitled to a week away at the single furthest point they can get from a competitive game seems OTT to me, especially when the most successful team in the last 15 years can go out on the piss a couple of weeks before their single biggest game of the season.

Obviously the players are not directly comparable. It's simply an example.

Of course they're allowed a week away and a drink or two at this time of the cycle. But on the back of a season long picture story book of surrounding and Leeds nights spots with bottles of beer in most shots it's kinda got to me. When the infurrance whilst away on hols is drink drink and drink (their own words in caption form below a picture of various empty alcoholic containers placed like trophies in a collection) But hey some folks aint arsed what trophies adorn their shelves. As for me I am sick of failure and shelling out whilst our youngster's with promise are ok with pissing about. Mimicking a former boss and older pro's that infested the club.

Edited by Lags

lewi's current facebook status is that hes going to the gym alone. thats dedication for ya :wink:

Aye like I've said..... words in shell likes have occurred, I don't doubt that one bit.....did you?

And good on him if that's his destination. Massive pat on the back. He needs a bloody good season coming up.