All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a lot are missing the point Lags was trying to make. My take on this is if you are supposed to be a young proffessional sportsman and you want to go and get :censored:faced, don't do the journo's job for them by posting pics on a site like facegeek*.

*copyright, dan snook

If you haven't got owt better to do than look through Allesandra's photos all year perhaps you need a holiday yourself.

So wha'ts the point in putting up pictures on facebook if no one's supposed to look at them? tut....... and I'll repeat they pop up on your home page, so you can't help but see them.

It's all ok folks don't worry for it will all change this season cos those that are the powers to be agree with me. Regardless whether you think it's right that young professionals brag online that they are drinking to excess. It wasn't too long ago that the bulk of fans, including some in this thread who are now saying it's ok young men are drinking to excess were slamming the drinking culture within the squad. I can hear the clamour now to reply that they have now departed......well it doesn't appear that way to me.

I find it amusing that to disagree with the point in this thread some answers are about me getting a life, I am a stalker or some other put down. Rather than address the issue. Can someone point me in the direction where a so called expert in this kinda field points out drinking to excess aids professional athletes or playing Championship manager in hotel rooms till 4 and 5 in a morning the night before away games is the best preparation. It really does make me laugh.

I find it amusing that to disagree with the point in this thread some answers are about me getting a life, I am a stalker or some other put down. Rather than address the issue. Can someone point me in the direction where a so called expert in this kinda field points out drinking to excess aids professional athletes or playing Championship manager in hotel rooms till 4 and 5 in a morning the night before away games is the best preparation. It really does make me laugh.

They don't get it Lags, those of us that know what the problems within the club are do. Others just want to cover their ears and sing very loudly. Lewi and Eardley see playing for Latics as a bit of a joke, Eardley may well get his move Lewi will be rotting in the reserves - let's see how funny he finds that. Find it unbelievable no one has commented on the overflowing ash trays or the fact that our Welsh International full back sends half naked pictures of himself to Latics fans in the early hours before a vital away game at Colchester. Even Shez knew these two were taking the piss - therefore they were in and out of the team all season. One day when Lewi finds himself playing at Hyde United, he'll be wondering were it all went wrong, I hope he still has his photos from last season.

As for Kelvin, not the sharpest tool in the box and you only have to look at his entourage to realise if he hadn't have been a footballer he'd be in with the wrong crowd.

One more thing, they're all back in with Penney and the Terminator next week to see how well they have looked after themselves since the season ended. I hope those three muppets get beasted as if they do not reach the minimum standard required in a multitude of fitness and body fat tests they will be disciplined.

Edited by oafcprozac

They don't get it Lags, those of us that know what the problems within the club are do. Others just want to cover their ears and sing very loudly. Lewi and Eardley see playing for Latics as a bit of a joke, Eardley may well get his move Lewi will be rotting in the reserves - let's see how funny he finds that. Find it unbelievable no one has commented on the overflowing ash trays or the fact that our Welsh International full back sends half naked pictures of himself to Latics fans in the early hours before a vital away game at Colchester. Even Shez knew these two were taking the piss - therefore they were in and out of the team all season. One day when Lewi finds himself playing at Hyde United, he'll be wondering were it all went wrong, I hope he still has his photos from last season.

As for Kelvin, not the sharpest tool in the box and you only have to look at his entourage to realise if he hadn't have been a footballer he'd be in with the wrong crowd.

One more thing, they're all back in with Penney and the Terminator next week to see how well they have looked after themselves since the season ended. I hope those three muppets get beasted as if they do not reach the minimum standard required in a multitude of fitness and body fat tests they will be disciplined.

Who cares, it's there job and now they are on holiday as long as they turn up for preseason they can do what the France they want for me!

Wouldn't be a Latics board if we couldn't moan about something all year long, get a grip you mugs!!!

Who cares, it's there job and now they are on holiday as long as they turn up for preseason they can do what the France they want for me!

Wouldn't be a Latics board if we couldn't moan about something all year long, get a grip you mugs!!!

You are missing the point, FFS :ranting: They have been acting like this DURING the season, the proof is on facebook, on people's phones

through sightings etc. etc. As I've said, why do you think Lewi and Eardley were in and out of the team? It wasn't only Shez's incompetence there were many other factors. As for calling people mugs, grow the :censored: up!

The proof will come this season, Lewi with his current attitude will not be part of DP's first team plans, I guarantee it. As for Eardley he'll be sold.

You are missing the point, FFS :ranting: They have been acting like this DURING the season, the proof is on facebook, on people's phones

through sightings etc. etc. As I've said, why do you think Lewi and Eardley were in and out of the team? It wasn't only Shez's incompetence there were many other factors. As for calling people mugs, grow the :censored: up!

The proof will come this season, Lewi with his current attitude will not be part of DP's first team plans, I guarantee it. As for Eardley he'll be sold.

No smoke without fire, and I knew Lewi was a bit of a rum one with his eye off the ball. Thought more of Eardley though, but it seems like he's the same.

Saving grace for them is they're all young kids. You show me a young kid that didn't make a few mistakes along the way and I'll show you a teetotal Brian Clough. They all have time to learn, to grow up and to behave themselves a bit. If not, they'd better hope their ability holds up on a football pitch becuse they'll be floating round from club to club quicker than you can say Steve Claridge.

The drinking culture infested itself in the club last season and as a result has left fans a bit reactionary when they see a snap of players with drinks in the same picture. Its quite easy to sit and point blame out from our ivory towers, but it doesn't help when many Premiership footballers are caught out in drink shame stories like Ledley King recently.

I hope Lewi manages to get his head down this season as it holds a fair amaount of potential for him if he wants it. There will be a few first team opportunities so he needs to fully understand this and get a hard shift put in under the watchful eye of a new boss who has absolutely no preconceptions of him (Well, unless he reads into these messageboards perhaps!)

The huge, major crime of these photographs is that pink string vest Kelvin's brother is modelling in a lot of them. Right Said Fred have a lot to answer for.

does anyone remember the drink till you drop tuesday that the whole team went to every week the season we won the 2nd division.

drinking during the season, what a disgrace. some of you need to get a grip and stop stalking and reporting everytime you see an oldham player out and about.

its a football team at the end of the day, they are not doctors on call they are allowed to get pissed when they want.

and lets be honest 2 of the players in question cant even call themselves first team regulars, not because that drink but because they are not that good.

No smoke without fire, and I knew Lewi was a bit of a rum one with his eye off the ball. Thought more of Eardley though, but it seems like he's the same.

Saving grace for them is they're all young kids. You show me a young kid that didn't make a few mistakes along the way and I'll show you a teetotal Brian Clough. They all have time to learn, to grow up and to behave themselves a bit. If not, they'd better hope their ability holds up on a football pitch becuse they'll be floating round from club to club quicker than you can say Steve Claridge.

The drinking culture infested itself in the club last season and as a result has left fans a bit reactionary when they see a snap of players with drinks in the same picture. Its quite easy to sit and point blame out from our ivory towers, but it doesn't help when many Premiership footballers are caught out in drink shame stories like Ledley King recently.

I hope Lewi manages to get his head down this season as it holds a fair amaount of potential for him if he wants it. There will be a few first team opportunities so he needs to fully understand this and get a hard shift put in under the watchful eye of a new boss who has absolutely no preconceptions of him (Well, unless he reads into these messageboards perhaps!)

The huge, major crime of these photographs is that pink string vest Kelvin's brother is modelling in a lot of them. Right Said Fred have a lot to answer for.

Amen to that. Said it I don't know how many times I championed Lewi from his youth days and saw then he had it in his locker to make something of himself. You don't make it at the bottom of umpteen bottles!. For those in any doubt I started this thread not to see Lewi out the door but too point out he's ruining himself and to make the right career choices before he's plying his trade on Seal Park and the likes.

does anyone remember the drink till you drop tuesday that the whole team went to every week the season we won the 2nd division.

drinking during the season, what a disgrace. some of you need to get a grip and stop stalking and reporting everytime you see an oldham player out and about.

its a football team at the end of the day, they are not doctors on call they are allowed to get pissed when they want.

and lets be honest 2 of the players in question cant even call themselves first team regulars, not because that drink but because they are not that good.

Oh dear! I don't want to pay to watch that type of footballer in league one or lower brother. If OAFC as that mentality I promise I'll stop going.

Amen to that. Said it I don't know how many times I championed Lewi from his youth days and saw then he had it in his locker to make something of himself. You don't make it at the bottom of umpteen bottles!. For those in any doubt I started this thread not to see Lewi out the door but too point out he's ruining himself and to make the right career choices before he's plying his trade on Seal Park and the likes.

Tipton was just as talented for me but preferred the Harlequin to knuckling down and making a career for himself. Some lads just prefer playing the big I am to their mates than actually realising their potential. Another lad over recent years who had the chance to be something special for us and threw it away and that was Wes Wilkinson. To see what can be achieved by keeping a low profile you only have to look at the like of Michael Owen, Paul Scholes and young Theo Walcott at Arsenal. Pissing your chance up gainst the wall before you've achieved anything is so, so wrong imo. But in a society where how much Charlie one can stick up his nose or how many all yer can drink promotions yer can kick the :censored: out of is the be all and end all, I fully expect Lewi to be stacking shelves alongside Chris Hall some time soon.

Tipton was just as talented for me but preferred the Harlequin to knuckling down and making a career for himself. Some lads just prefer playing the big I am to their mates than actually realising their potential. Another lad over recent years who had the chance to be something special for us and threw it away and that was Wes Wilkinson. To see what can be achieved by keeping a low profile you only have to look at the like of Michael Owen, Paul Scholes and young Theo Walcott at Arsenal. Pissing your chance up gainst the wall before you've achieved anything is so, so wrong imo. But in a society where how much Charlie one can stick up his nose or how many all yer can drink promotions yer can kick the :censored: out of is the be all and end all, I fully expect Lewi to be stacking shelves alongside Chris Hall some time soon.

because he is not as good as being made out not becuase he likes a few drinks

2nd division champions where ok to watch though?

It was almost 20 years ago though, times have changed and the professionalism Fergie and Wenger have instilled over the last 13-23 years has filtered down to the lower leagues. How would our young piss heads have gone on when Dowie and Harbin were here or Talbot for his short comings expected the players to live a life befitting of a professional sportsmen. Studies prove excessive alcohol affects recovery times, and even though we are in pre-season they have been warned not to over do it and the proof will be in the fitness tests a fortnight today.

A team of pissheads will get nowhere in the modern game, look how our season fell apart. There were many factors but a fair bit of it imo was down to extra-curricular activities - not least White Hart Gate and Doggy Gate - both caused by pissed up players and DURING the season.

I think you'll find back in the day we played most Tuesday's. Show me your proof that that squad got rat arsed on a regular basis please.

They did like a drink Lags, JR was quite a boozer back then too. They'd regularly be in the Grey Mare after games. Andy Barlow was in OLdham Cricket Club every Thursday night, just so he'd be rough on a Friday and able to sleep well that night. Otherwise he'd struggle to sleep! From the horses mouth at the Trust do a few weeks back!

[/b]

because he is not as good as being made out not becuase he likes a few drinks

But he has the chance to be, the traits are all there if he listens and strives to improve and not keep giving it the big 'un to his homies. If he knuckles down he'll make it if not he'll be stacking shelves. Not because he wasn't good enough but because he didn't work hard enough to be everything he could be.

They did like a drink Lags, JR was quite a boozer back then too. They'd regularly be in the Grey Mare after games. Andy Barlow was in OLdham Cricket Club every Thursday night, just so he'd be rough on a Friday and able to sleep well that night. Otherwise he'd struggle to sleep! From the horses mouth at the Trust do a few weeks back!

Fair do's. It's a good job the English sides have moved on a pace like their foreign counterparts. Although we have top memories from those heady days check out the classics on the OS and tell me if the standards today are the same.

And JR knew about this for 8 yrs and didnt say a thing for ages :grin:

To be fair, these 3 have not been improving season-on-season like Chris Taylor, and to an extent Deane Smalley, has.

I think it's also fair to say that they aren't working as hard at their football careers as Tayls, something alluded to this season with the comments about some players being poor in training.

To be fair, these 3 have not been improving season-on-season like Chris Taylor, and to an extent Deane Smalley, has.

I think it's also fair to say that they aren't working as hard at their football careers as Tayls, something alluded to this season with the comments about some players being poor in training.

Nail hit squarely on the head!

this thread is ridiculous.

a group of young lads go on holiday OUT OF SEASON.

no mention that it's good to see they're close mates off the field.

good luck to them. let's hope they make the most of their priviledge of having 8 weeks off and get another one in before pre season - I wish I could.