All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

To be fair, these 3 have not been improving season-on-season like Chris Taylor, and to an extent Deane Smalley, has.

I think it's also fair to say that they aren't working as hard at their football careers as Tayls, something alluded to this season with the comments about some players being poor in training.

Total guess work!!

Nothing better to do in the off season ...............

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those with the 'it's just a holiday', might be correct in that particular statement.

But if there is these kind of incidents are happening through the season then............

But ask yourselves this, "Have I been impressed with all 3 of them this season - have they shown the talent, commitment and ability to further their careers"?

If the answer to that is no - would it not be professional and standard of them to get their heads down, stay out of the limelight, work bloody hard on their game and when they begin to produce the goods and are in control of their careers -enjoy their hard work from time to time. If like Prozac has said, playing champ manager till all hours, sending half naked pictures to fans... :dunce: and getting rat arsed at weekends will, eventually, do nowt for their game - FACT!

Edited by futchers briefs

Playing Champ Manager 'til the early hours before a game - not good.

Getting bevvied up during the week - not good.

Sending sexy-texts (sexts) to members of the opposite sex - get in there, my son!

Those with the 'it's just a holiday', might be correct in that particular statement.

But if there is these kind of incidents are happening through the season then............

But ask yourselves this, "Have I been impressed with all 3 of them this season - have they shown the talent, commitment and ability to further their careers"?

If the answer to that is no - would it not be professional and standard of them to get their heads down, stay out of the limelight, work bloody hard on their game and when they begin to produce the goods and are in control of their careers -enjoy their hard work from time to time. If like Prozac has said, playing champ manager till all hours, sending half naked pictures to fans... :dunce: and getting rat arsed at weekends will, eventually, do nowt for their game - FACT!

in one respect it is just an end of season holiday,and as such they should be allowed a break and downtime.and i havent got a problem with it.

yes there is the other concern that,at most points of this season we havent seen the best from these particular players for one reason or another..

yes under the previous managment set up there was a big drinking culture,hence why now we have 6 players left in the squad,and currently 3 of those are still drinking in vast quantitys.

i fully expect mr penny will sort the club out and sort the internal problems out,i think lomax and lewis will play a lot more reserve games next season,i expect eardley to be given the benefit of the doubt and given a sort of second chance....one thing is for sure,with pennys comments of 8 weeks off season being too long,these partying days will come to an end or they will leave the club.

if they cant see that they have a very privelidged position and proffession,thats there hard luck,maybe once they enter the real world of working 40 odd hours a week for a living they will finally realise they was wrong.

in one respect it is just an end of season holiday,and as such they should be allowed a break and downtime.and i havent got a problem with it.

yes there is the other concern that,at most points of this season we havent seen the best from these particular players for one reason or another..

yes under the previous managment set up there was a big drinking culture,hence why now we have 6 players left in the squad,and currently 3 of those are still drinking in vast quantitys.

i fully expect mr penny will sort the club out and sort the internal problems out,i think lomax and lewis will play a lot more reserve games next season,i expect eardley to be given the benefit of the doubt and given a sort of second chance....one thing is for sure,with pennys comments of 8 weeks off season being too long,these partying days will come to an end or they will leave the club.

if they cant see that they have a very privelidged position and proffession,thats there hard luck,maybe once they enter the real world of working 40 odd hours a week for a living they will finally realise they was wrong.

"Drinking in vast quantities"

"Second chance"

:laught16:

I can't see anything wrong with this - as someone said the pics are actually pretty tame. If you think those are bad you should see pics of me and my mates in Ibiza - you would probably :censored: yourselves.

If anything some of the posters on here are more out of order than these players. What Lewis Allessandra does is his business, not any of yours. If the club don't like it they will cease employing him. His problem. If you're looking out for him write him a letter - don't come on here highlighting his ordinary holiday. This instills this 'players are drinking in vast quantities' :censored:e into people like dear eddie......

why do some fans feel the need to question and critiqe every aspect of a players life just because he plays for oldham athletic?

yes they are under contract to the club but they are allowed a personal life

many assume they are on the piss 24/7 because thay have seen some pictures and they have the opinion they have not played well for large portions of the season.

maybe they let there hair down when they can (and when given permission) but are proffesional when it matters.

i know the whole dogs affair is probably stoking these storys and the season is over so there is nothing else to really discuss at the moment, but players have been doing this for decades.

i seem to remember pics of rooney on the beer and smoking not long ago in pre-season, players at all levels need to unwind , they are just kids at the end of the day having a bit of fun, there personal lives should not be being discussed on here every time someone finds something new to slag them for.

I can't see anything wrong with this - as someone said the pics are actually pretty tame. If you think those are bad you should see pics of me and my mates in Ibiza - you would probably :censored: yourselves.

If anything some of the posters on here are more out of order than these players. What Lewis Allessandra does is his business, not any of yours. If the club don't like it they will cease employing him. His problem.

Absolutely agree mate, spot on!

I fail to see how on earth this is anybodies business! People go out and drink and unwind. The pictures were taken when the players were in the off-season ... which means they had no games nor training and were indeed on HOLIDAY! Now im sure the club gave them a fitness programme to follow, however im also pretty sure they would be allowed to let there hair down with a drink or afew!

I`m staggered this pathetic thread has reached 6 pages.

What limelight?

These are pictures on facebook, he`s hardly appearing on the front page of national newspapers! :unsure:

Dont give anyone ideas ! remember there are journo's everywhere :shock::unsure::wink:

M.E.N anyone :huh:

Playing Champ Manager 'til the early hours before a game - not good.

Getting bevvied up during the week - not good.

Sending sexy-texts (sexts) to members of the opposite sex - get in there, my son!

You been getting them as well !!!! The 2 timing BARSTOOL ... he said I was special :grin:

Agh right. That's fine then? :blink:

I fail to see how there pictures being on facebook is them putting themselves in the limelight! Its facebook for christs sake ... everyone puts there pictures on, its not something exclusive that only those 3 have done! Also there profiles are private, again preventing putting themselves in "the limelight".

Grow up, its 3 men unwinding and having a beer or more, on holiday ... like we all do

Grow up, its 3 men unwinding and having a beer or more, on holiday ... like we all do

:laught16:

As i've said earlier, I would probably do the same thing myself in their situation/circumstances.

However, trying to get to the point that Lags was initillay making....he wasn't doing it to 'grass them up' or have a pop - but to question whether or not 3 young "talented" footballers - especially giving this seasons performances should be posting pictures on a national internet site, when in the profession they're in.

And if sending half naked pics of yourself to a fan is avoiding the 'limelight', then grow up should really be aimed elswehere don't you think?

If you do theses things, then, being in the public eye, you are opening yourself to be criticised.

Only thing that grabbed my attention on the whole thing was that Kelvin is classed as a Trippier and not a Lomax. Apart from that, i'm just jealous that i'm not in Ibiza!

Something to do with the only option he's left with after Caderwotsits gone past him for the 12 time in 10 minutes?

And if sending half naked pics of yourself to a fan is avoiding the 'limelight', then grow up should really be aimed elswehere don't you think?

If you do theses things, then, being in the public eye, you are opening yourself to be criticised.

Is sending naked pics not really a whole different ball-game (literally!). My point is just simple .. i dont see what all the fuss is about when they are 3 lads who are on holiday and having a beer! If the said pictures were on a Friday night before the game, then ok id agree with some of the above comments! But its not now is it :rolleyes:

However, trying to get to the point that Lags was initillay making....he wasn't doing it to 'grass them up' or have a pop - but to question whether or not 3 young "talented" footballers - especially giving this seasons performances should be posting pictures on a national internet site, when in the profession they're in.

Are people not allowed a holiday? So what your saying is certain people in certain professions cant go on holiday and get drunk, and then cant put some pictures up (infact they themselves didnt actually put those photos up either!!) .. pictures which arent offensive or rude or anything along those lines? Get a grip, its not like there:

1) The first people to go abroad and discover alcohol

2) The first footballers to be pictured drinking beer ..

What does it matter how theyve done this season, there allowed a break arent they?

510865499_5af0b39708_b.jpg

i can't tell you how relieved i was that the photo was just of the chippy....

i seem to remember pics of rooney on the beer and smoking not long ago in pre-season, players at all levels need to unwind , they are just kids at the end of the day having a bit of fun, there personal lives should not be being discussed on here every time someone finds something new to slag them for.
Not to mention the photos of him leaving a brothel with one of his England teammates, who may or may not be the same England teammate who's up in court soon on an affray charge after allegedly getting into a fight in a bar. Puts Ibizagate into sharp perspective doesn't it.

....this board hits a new low with this thread...

embarrassed to be a fan right now.... as has already been said, theres no place for this if it was during the season, even more so a day or two before a game, but when this takes place in the off season, which it has, on a holiday, who gives a flying f. If its fitness people are concerned about, i always thought that was what pre season was for??? to whip back into shape, and im assuming Penney is going to have a real good go at doing that. I wonder what the players involved think of this thread, as surely word would of reached them by now!! "big brother is watching you"

I recall Lampard, Rio and Co doing something similar in Cyprus in their younger days. Anyone remember it all being over the press?. Well they was told in no uncertain terms where that kinda behaviour would eventually lead. Oddly they came out and expressed regret and vowed not to do it again, if you also remember. Well the rest as they say is history. Nice little careers they've ground out for themselves.

There in lies the moral of this thread. Nothing more.

Edited by Lags

I recall Lampard, Rio and Co doing something similar in Cyprus in their younger days. Anyone remember it all being over the press?. Well they was told in no uncertain terms where that kinda behaviour would eventually lead. Oddly they came out and expressed regret and vowed not to do it again, if you also remember. Well the rest as they say is history. Nice little careers they've ground out for themselves.

There in lies the moral of this thread. Nothing more.

So your view point is that professional footballers should never drink ? Get real....

So your view point is that professional footballers should never drink ? Get real....

Now who as said that? Please keep your points relevant to what is being said that way the thread will be debated properly. So the get real request is out of context and not a valid arguement. As is a post purely stating pathetic thread or the like. I am open to anyone with a different stand point to myself but would appreciate a bit more reasoning as to how they arrive at such. Anyone?

Edited by Lags