All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

I recall Lampard, Rio and Co doing something similar in Cyprus in their younger days. Anyone remember it all being over the press?. Well they was told in no uncertain terms where that kinda behaviour would eventually lead. Oddly they came out and expressed regret and vowed not to do it again, if you also remember. Well the rest as they say is history. Nice little careers they've ground out for themselves.

There in lies the moral of this thread. Nothing more.

In all fairness, if they were true professionals, I very much doubt that they would be at Oldham. The lads have all got talent; it’s the brains and the way they apply it that is lacking. I don’t feel let down by them because I don’t build them up in the first place

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, if they were true professionals, I very much doubt that they would be at Oldham. The lads have all got talent; it’s the brains and the way they apply it that is lacking. I don’t feel let down by them because I don’t build them up in the first place

Of course they are true professionals. It will state that on their passports and no doubt filled them with pride as they jotted down their employment on the application. Further, if they aren't true professionals what the hell am I paying for a season ticket for?

Many a top performer in football comes from teams such as Oldham and surely this is what the club is striving for, to be the best. Every athlete in whatever field as choices and the sacrifices that come with them. I want them to succeed, simple as.

Every athlete in whatever field as choices and the sacrifices that come with them. I want them to succeed, simple as.

Whilst that is very noble of you there is no evidence that they haven't made the correct sacrifices. There's a picture of about 12 beers and 5 bottles of 20% liquor.....potentially drank over a week between 5 (?) lads who all look sober in every photo! Not one photo is controversial.

I imagine they want to be able to go away, during their time, and have a few a few beers without it being highlighted on their clubs official messageboard whilst people talk about them "clearly being close to the wrong crowd" or "drinking in vast quantities".

Whilst that is very noble of you there is no evidence that they haven't made the correct sacrifices. There's a picture of about 12 beers and 5 bottles of 20% liquor.....potentially drank over a week between 5 (?) lads who all look sober in every photo! Not one photo is controversial.

I imagine they want to be able to go away, during their time, and have a few a few beers without it being highlighted on their clubs official messageboard whilst people talk about them "clearly being close to the wrong crowd" or "drinking in vast quantities".

YYou also don't know who drunk what.

So, can you explain to me what is being infurred when a picture is taken of umpteen empties lined up in the apartment with the caption 'this is even before we went out'?

Allied to may many pictures (whilst wearing different clothes) that include jugs of sangria or the like, cans of Stella, pints of local lager, bottles of Corona....need I go on?

Now who as said that? Please keep your points relevant to what is being said that way the thread will be debated properly. So the get real request is out of context and not a valid arguement. As is a post purely stating pathetic thread or the like. I am open to anyone with a different stand point to myself but would appreciate a bit more reasoning as to how they arrive at such. Anyone?

I have no idea what your opinion really is.... aka my question....

You post a photo of players off on their holidays drinking....which I am 100% positive every single player in the football league and premier league do....

What is the issue...

If the photo was took the night before a game you might have a point...

Edited by oafc0000

I would suggest whilst not ultimate proof the bottle in who's ever hand in the photo I would hazzard a guess was drunk by that person. Again the person holding the straw into the jug of sangria or the like, again I would hazzard a guess. But as you point out they could be merely posing for the camera! I don't think this needs going to a poll who's probably right.

I recall Lampard, Rio and Co doing something similar in Cyprus in their younger days. Anyone remember it all being over the press?. Well they was told in no uncertain terms where that kinda behaviour would eventually lead. Oddly they came out and expressed regret and vowed not to do it again, if you also remember. Well the rest as they say is history. Nice little careers they've ground out for themselves.

What, like missing a drugs test and being hit with an 8month ban?

This thread has been diverted alittle in the past, people are mentioning players behaviour in the season etc, all rumours and nothing known for concrete. The thread was started purely about 3 lads being pictured with alcohol (shock horror!) on holiday, during the off-season. As Lags has mentioned above with Lamps, Rio etc these pictures could have been alot worse (if you dont know Rio and Lampard etc were involved in a sex video whilst on holiday in Cyprus!). Now, lets put everything into context ... the lads have gone away and had afew beers, theyve not gone out and been involved in any sort of trouble or scandal that will bring the club into disripute. Theyve simply gone away, had a good time and thats all ... by the looks of it behaved themselves! How somepeople have the nerve to criticise them for that is beyond me! I`m sure everyother player at the club, infact in any and every other club has gone on holiday and had afew beers, wether its with family or the lads! Lets not make something out of nothing for goodness sake.

As said above, the board has hit a new low with this thread ... but its just the way this site is going tbh. The site itself is growing, but the content within it is going downhill .. ofcourse for any smart-arse who wants to disagree, thats in my opinion (and quite afew others to).

I have no idea what your opinion really is.... aka my question....

You post a photo of players off on their holidays drinking....which I am 100% positive every single player in the football league and premier league do....

What is the issue...

If the photo was took the night before a game you might have a point...

That drinking to any level of excess is not good for their professional careers. Is that clear enough for you? whats your thoughts on my opening statement.

Edited by Lags

That drinking to any level of excess is not good for their professional careers. Is that clear enough for you? whats your thoughts on my opening statement.

Ok...

So lets look at your fantastic credentials and what gives your opinion any weight to make that statement...

Are you a sports scientist...

What exactly do you call "excess"... and no doubt you have information to exactly how much was drunk....

My understanding is that the players can do as they please during their holiday time... hence why it is now... giving them enough time to get fit for the new season...

Edited by oafc0000

What, like missing a drugs test and being hit with an 8month ban?

This thread has been diverted alittle in the past, people are mentioning players behaviour in the season etc, all rumours and nothing known for concrete. The thread was started purely about 3 lads being pictured with alcohol (shock horror!) on holiday, during the off-season. As Lags has mentioned above with Lamps, Rio etc these pictures could have been alot worse (if you dont know Rio and Lampard etc were involved in a sex video whilst on holiday in Cyprus!). Now, lets put everything into context ... the lads have gone away and had afew beers, theyve not gone out and been involved in any sort of trouble or scandal that will bring the club into disripute. Theyve simply gone away, had a good time and thats all ... by the looks of it behaved themselves! How somepeople have the nerve to criticise them for that is beyond me! I`m sure everyother player at the club, infact in any and every other club has gone on holiday and had afew beers, wether its with family or the lads! Lets not make something out of nothing for goodness sake.

As said above, the board has hit a new low with this thread ... but its just the way this site is going tbh. The site itself is growing, but the content within it is going downhill .. ofcourse for any smart-arse who wants to disagree, thats in my opinion (and quite afew others to).

Then start some threads and bring up the quality. I don't have a problem with your take on the matter. However I will leave you one task if I may. Show me any expert or study that suggests alcohol aids professional athletes. I also will state that such pictures are posted all season long by some players. Now given the season we have just had I would like to suggest the club adopt the plans of Tottenham this season. No that's my opinion.

So, can you explain to me what is being infurred when a picture is taken of umpteen empties lined up in the apartment with the caption 'this is even before we went out'?

Allied to may many pictures (whilst wearing different clothes) that include jugs of sangria or the like, cans of Stella, pints of local lager, bottles of Corona....need I go on?

No, save it until pictures pop up on your homepage of Eardley, Allessandra and Lomax all sat around wearing official club gear whilst banging coke up their noses with a load of whores knocking around. As for 'this is even before we went out'....you could consider the price of beer in these places. Most people will drink a lot more before going out! Seems to me they have been sensible....probably because they are pro footballers!

If that's the case Stitch, then maybe the pics should remain private......Facebook is far from private.

I'm sure they will learn from this mistake having been lambasted over :censored: all.

Quite, and considering the empty liquor bottles I hope it was mainly the girls next door cracking on.

Ok...

So lets look at your fantastic credentials and what gives your opinion any weight to make that statement...

Are you a sports scientist...

What exactly do you call "excess"... and no doubt you have information to exactly how much was drunk....

My understanding is that the players can do as they please during their holiday time... hence why it is now... giving them enough time to get fit for the new season...

Do I need to have fantastic credentials to know the effects of Alcohol? however in case of doubt I have asked anyone who knows of an expert or study thats states my belief's to be wrong. You see 0000 I am open to quality debate.

Do I need to have fantastic credentials to know the effects of Alcohol? however in case of doubt I have asked anyone who knows of an expert or study thats states my belief's to be wrong. You see 0000 I am open to quality debate.

pah.... This whole debate is a farce.... Please don't use the word quality....

Young lads having a week away and drinking will have no effect on their professional careers... I think the vast majority of none experts would agree with that (besides you of course)... Now do you have anything to suggest a week away is going to reck these lads careers?? Some sort of evidence.... I seriously doubt it...

Also... You also suggesting the like of David Beckham, Michael Owen, John Terry and Frank Lampard dont have quite a number of sherberts while off on their hols... Your a fool if you think that....

Edited by oafc0000

No, save it until pictures pop up on your homepage of Eardley, Allessandra and Lomax all sat around wearing official club gear whilst banging coke up their noses with a load of whores knocking around. As for 'this is even before we went out'....you could consider the price of beer in these places. Most people will drink a lot more before going out! Seems to me they have been sensible....probably because they are pro footballers!

I'm sure they will learn from this mistake having been lambasted over :censored: all.

Quite, and considering the empty liquor bottles I hope it was mainly the girls next door cracking on.

I don't think you're quite that naive and more likely avoiding the truth you see before you. But fair do's, it's your right. As is the right of those reading that post to think as they will.

Young lads having a week away and drinking will have no effect on their professional careers... I think the vast majority of none experts would agree with that (besides you of course)... Now do you have anything to suggest a week away is going to reck these lads careers?? Some sort of evidence.... I seriously doubt it...

Also... You also suggesting the like of David Beckham, Michael Owen, John Terry and Frank Lampard dont have quite a number of sherberts while off on their hols... Your a fool if you think that....

Are suggesting that the majority is everyone bar me there? cos there's only bar me!

I think you are clearly not addressing the other major point that these type of pictures are appearing most weeks on certain players profiles. What say you to that? is this holiday a one off?

No, save it until pictures pop up on your homepage of Eardley, Allessandra and Lomax all sat around wearing official club gear whilst banging coke up their noses with a load of whores knocking around.

Exactly, well said my friend! The lads arent doing anything wrong, there not bringing the club into disripute! They will have been given a rough programme to follow for the summer, but that will have included afew beers and a holiday im sure!

And Lags, what right exactly do you have to criticise the players for what they do (aslong as its not bringing the club into disripute, which as said there not) when there on holiday?

And less of the fool comments brother please.

a few beers and the like in a picture, having a good time on holiday with mates

or

a few beers and the like in a picture, having a good time on holiday with mates, a video of you and your friends surfacing on the net of you "roasting" a young lass ...carlsberg dont make holidays but if....oh sorry

yep im certain they where told to sort their heads out :grin:

not the greatest somparrison , mut keep throwing...... the mud will stick sooner or later

* keiron dyer was the other

*awaits similar video of latics players in roasting scandal :blink:

I don't think you're quite that naive and more likely avoiding the truth you see before you. But fair do's, it's your right. As is the right of those reading that post to think as they will.

The only truth/fact I see is that someone drunk an average amount of booze.

Lags, in my opinion you are one of the better posters on here. I also believe you mean well with this 'constructive criticism' - however this thread will probably do the players more harm than good! Mountain out of a mole hill - when photos come along of the lads spewing up in an Oldham bar over Christmas then we can name and 'shame' them.

Let's let it go now.