All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being on Facebook, is there any chance of a clue?

Its a picture of a hell of a lot of booze in Kelvin Lomax, Neal Eardley and Lewis Alessandra's (Ibiza 2009) holiday photos.

Can someone explain to me what the problem with this is? The season is over. They don't have to go to work until the end of June/start of July. And was Ryan Giggs not enjoying himself in similar ways when he was early 20's?

The only problem I can see is that they stayed in the same apartments I did in Ibiza, and they aren't exactly that good!

Don't just pin it on Latics. The drinking problem is with Britain: as Harry Redknapp points out our lads (and dads) all have a drinking culture built into them, whereas foreign players do not.

edit: good to see Kelvin wears Latics shorts out tho :)

Edited by Gentleman

SHOCK HORROR! Young men in early twenties enjoying their booze! :shock:

As dave says, giggs was notorious for partying hard in his early days with lee sharpe, people - and players - mature as they get older.

As long as neal, kelvin & lewis return for pre-season training sober and without booze on their breath i couldnt care less what their summer involves!

Can someone explain to me what the problem with this is? The season is over. They don't have to go to work until the end of June/start of July. And was Ryan Giggs not enjoying himself in similar ways when he was early 20's?

Exactly. Ryan Giggs when he was younger partied for a week when he won his first title, as a youngster he was also dragged out of a party by Fergie himself! Once again people make something out of absolutely nothing. What they do in there private time is there business, i really dont see the need to post the pics/link up on here.

I went to ibiza in the summer a few years back....looking back at my pictures, i'd say the 4 of us who went drank even more! We made a tower on the balcony of all the empties and by the end of the 2 weeks, you couldn't see the balcony! Anyway, when i got back to pre-season training towards the end of the summer, i was nearly a stone overweight and pretty unfit but by the time the season started, i was back to my normal weight and fitter than i had been the season before.

They've worked through the season, and they're on holiday - whose to say they shouldn't enjoy themselves. Maybe they needed that to get away and hopefully they'll come back ready and prepared to push themselves for next season.

Why does somebody need to search through photo's and then post them on here claiming this is why it's all wrong? Nothing better to do? If it had been during the season, or the verge of pre-season, i might be a tad annoyed, but not when their season has finished and it's not even mid-may!

Edited by Fruitygoo

Exactly. Ryan Giggs when he was younger partied for a week when he won his first title, as a youngster he was also dragged out of a party by Fergie himself! Once again people make something out of absolutely nothing. What they do in there private time is there business, i really dont see the need to post the pics/link up on here.

you say non pro players???? i am led to believe that these players are indeed classed as proffesional footballers,and thats how they ply there trade.

what would you do if your boss got hold of some of your holiday snaps with you being off ya face and having a good time away from work???? or god forbid your family or friends...

what are you trying to achieve by mud slinging during the closed season when the players are on official holidays,season training doesnt start until the end of june...so whats the big fuss about????

fair enough if this was the hotel they were in before the hereford game,then put in the shocking display that they did,but it wasnt.

and as has been said,ryan giggs was always out on the piss in his early days with lee sharp and beckham as well.

Oh my god another contender for worst thread of the year.

What the hell as it got to do with anyone what they do in the close season when they are on holiday?

Jesus!! this is actually the winner of the most cringeworthy thread of the year well done :thumbsdown::first:

Don't do facebook.....though reading what they're about, I have to say that if i was a pro footballer in my late teens/early 20s, i'd be lawding it all over the show when not in training... :D

Their only mistake in my eyes, is naively allowing their profile to be seen. Being in the public eye, these lads have to be careful about the many bad mathematicians looking at their profiles - 2+2 will always = 5. :wink:

Edited by futchers briefs

you say non pro players???? i am led to believe that these players are indeed classed as proffesional footballers,and thats how they ply there trade.

what would you do if your boss got hold of some of your holiday snaps with you being off ya face and having a good time away from work???? or god forbid your family or friends...

what are you trying to achieve by mud slinging during the closed season when the players are on official holidays,season training doesnt start until the end of june...so whats the big fuss about????

fair enough if this was the hotel they were in before the hereford game,then put in the shocking display that they did,but it wasnt.

and as has been said,ryan giggs was always out on the piss in his early days with lee sharp and beckham as well.

I was actually defending the lads not "mud slinging", please do keep up! B)