All that's wrong with non pro players at Latics

Where have I stated they are breaking rules? I have said this kind of behaviour can do nothing but harm their professional careers. Stick to what I am saying please. I have taken issue with what I see to be happening in Ibiza and their own infurrance about the quantities they are consuming.

I am not quite sure you even know what your opinion is at the moment...

I asked you if you thought they should never drink...and you said no...

I asked you if you thought they have broke the rules...and you said no...

So you are simply saying the them having a one off binge in the summer holidays is wrong ?

and your saying you have evidence which shows them doing it during the season ?

Have I got that right ?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In your opinion. Prove me wrong then. I can say that. However I can clearly show what a caption infurs. It clearly states that a line of empties was purely drink consumed even before they went out. Meaning look at all this, this is nothing compared to when we hit the bars. You know it and I know it.

Thought of working for the Sun or Mirror?

You get all that from one photo ?

PLEASE post the other evidence....

I am not saying your wrong... I am saying show me the boody proof ! is that so much to ask ?

Edited by oafc0000

Thought of working for the Sun or Mirror?

You get all that from one photo ?

PLEASE post the other evidence....

I am not saying your wrong... I am saying show me the boody proof ! is that so much to ask ?

The Telegraph appears to be doing a good job currently at high lighting wrongs done within the rules, so I propose to work for them.

As for I don't know what I think I think......... that's end of debate brother.

Check out facebook, you'll find maybe 100 pics or more. However you'll be told to get a life if you look for them!

The Telegraph appears to be doing a good job currently at high lighting wrongs done within the rules, so I propose to work for them.

As for I don't know what I think I think......... that's end of debate brother.

Check out facebook, you'll find maybe 100 pics or more. However you'll be told to get a life if you look for them!

The Telegraph took their time preparing their evidence.... lesson learnt ?

it was just a question as i didnt know the answer, thats me in my place. :disappointed:

but if it was you that had been put on here without permission or lags or most on here, im sure they would have been moved whithin minutes

Apologies if you took that as harsh, I admit it reads it. It wasn't aimed at you specifically. Just that if you're going to post to Facebook you're going to run the risk of someone you don't want to see something seeing it.

I've looked at the pictures. As i have said previously the pictures are of about three lads holidays (presumably over summer break) and three or four nights out in the space of a few years. Im sure there have been more nights out than that without photo evidence but these are the ones youre commenting on. Whilst there maybe 100+ pictures they are not of 100+ nights out, the pictures in order where everyone is wearing the same clothes tend to be of the same night out and when you take that into account there are really that many.

Oddly you can delete photos on facebook too. Trust me when I say they were appearing nearly weekly! in fact I wasn't the only one seeing them.

I also believe come next season you'll see even less. Or even be advised to move them, get my drift.

Edited by Lags

That's it for me now. I know what I've seen and I know what's not good in my opinion. If I am wrong about stating what pictures have been appearing all season long I am here to be told. I ain't going anywhere.

Oddly you can delete photos on facebook too. Trust me when I say they were appearing nearly weekly! in fact I wasn't the only one seeing them.

I also believe come next season you'll see even less. Or even be advised to move them, get my drift.

Isn't that what you have been saying since your first post Lags? :grin: 10 pages later, do you think some may catch on.... :wink:

10 pages of the cringeworthy thread of the year! I suppose it is 10 pages though because 99% think it is a load of :censored:

After having a read through i understand why the thread has been posted.

During the season there has been pictures put up on facebook of the mentioned players out on the lash.

And during the close season there has been pictures put up on facebook of the mentioned players enjoying an end of season holiday.

1. Why were the pictures of the players drinking during the season not put on here?

2. Why post pictures of the players doing absolutely nothing wrong on here to try and highlight what they are getting up to?

This thread would have had a lot more credibility if they were pictures of them on the lash during the season, but to try and get your point across with pictures of a lads holiday is just completely wrong.

Its the point of using the holidays pictures that has got peoples goat i think

I will take your word and actually believe you that the other pictures have been deleted (obviously someone has told them about this thread), its just the way this thread has been started.

10 pages of the cringeworthy thread of the year! I suppose it is 10 pages though because 99% think it is a load of :censored:

After having a read through i understand why the thread has been posted.

During the season there has been pictures put up on facebook of the mentioned players out on the lash.

And during the close season there has been pictures put up on facebook of the mentioned players enjoying an end of season holiday.

1. Why were the pictures of the players drinking during the season not put on here?

2. Why post pictures of the players doing absolutely nothing wrong on here to try and highlight what they are getting up to?

This thread would have had a lot more credibility if they were pictures of them on the lash during the season, but to try and get your point across with pictures of a lads holiday is just completely wrong.

Its the point of using the holidays pictures that has got peoples goat i think

I will take your word and actually believe you that the other pictures have been deleted (obviously someone has told them about this thread), its just the way this thread has been started.

99% ?.........come on creepy youre not doing yourself justice there, surely you can ignore a couple more posts and make it 99.5%. It's so cringeworthy a good few members on both sides of the fence have choose to post. Granted some have posted derisory two liners which haven't exactly contributed to the debate but at least registered their side. This culture of excessive drinking or binge drinking whatever you want to call it needed highlighting for me, but highlighting for the right reasons. As a club this past season we've taken a fair few punches and the bruises are still smarting, whilst I believe the club are now about to clean up the mess, it's never too soon to start. For me however the best reason will be to see our potentially good young players bare fruit and not throw it down the pan. For me it's full of credibility and very very relevant. In fact I would say all those who feel this drinking acceptable are doing these young men little favour. I would bet Dave Penney see's things more in my camp.

Edited by Lags

99% ?.........come on creepy youre not doing yourself justice there, surely you can ignore a couple more posts and make it 99.5%. It's so cringeworthy a good few members on both sides of the fence have choose to post. Granted some have posted derisory two liners which haven't exactly contributed to the debate but at least registered their side. This culture of excessive drinking or binge drinking whatever you want to call it needed highlighting for me, but highlighting for the right reasons. As a club this past season we've taken a fair few punches and the bruises are still smarting, whilst I believe the club are now about to clean up the mess, it's never too soon to start. For me however the best reason will be to see our potentially good young players bare fruit and not throw it down the pan. For me it's full of credibility and very very relevant. In fact I would say all those who feel this drinking acceptable are doing these young men little favour. I would bet Dave Penney see's things more in my camp.

The way ive read it is almost everyone disagrees with this thread, and have posted a lot more than a derisory two lines! but anyway

its the point of how you have have opened the thread

A lads holiday at the end of season - nothing wrong

footballers boozing heavily during season - everything wrong

so if these pictures have been popping up on your facebook all season, why ignore them when you feel strongly about it (so you should and so should everyone else) and post some pictures of a pre season holiday to get your point across?

This is what i dont understand. This is why i said i think this thread would have more credibility if you had gone about it that way.

This has made interesting reading. Some of my friends know Lomax and his family quite well- they're about the same age and grew up on the same estate. One of my friends knows Alessandra quite well (he's best mates with Lewis's brother). I get the impression (from people who know them- not just have them as friends on facebook) that if they weren't professional footballers they would be doing the exact same thing on whatever holiday they went on. They are young men who are earning good money going on a holiday- they are going to drink alcohol in excessive amounts. Yes they are professional footballers and yes alcohol has a detrimental effect on your ability to be a professional footballer but it is the end of season for pity's sake. (Note unlike what has been quoted on here I can name a few sports where alcohol has a beneficial effect). However, this does set a dangerous precedent that they have a lax attitude to drinking (bear in mind what the government's recommended weekly limits are). I don't have a problem with professionals (and this extends to all sorts of occupations) going out drinking when they are on holiday/not expected to be in the next day. I'm a little bit concerned with the number of people who drink so much it affects their working ability the next day or the day after (and trust me in the NHS there are too many culprits). Its a culture thing and something which is going to be hard to change.

I'm a little disappointed that pictures of this type have become public knowledge amongst people who are going to care enough to have a 10 page discussion. If I was Kelvin Lomax I'd be having a word with my brother to get him not to put more pictures like this on facebook, and look at getting those that are up removed- but its facebook and getting things removed is harder than it seems. The same with Lewis and his friends and diito for Eardley- who I'm sure has a few pictures of himself up which don't feature any other Oldham players.

Oldham has had its problems with alcohol this season but yesterday's MEN was full of how the ManUre players were out celebrating with the trophy- and I would bet money that some of them got quite drunk. Their season isn't finished but here they are celebrating. Is that wrong? If Oldham had kept up our early season form this year we would have gone up but because we didn't people started looking at things which may have contributed to the problem and alcohol became a feature. Stuff that doesn't matter when you are doing well becomes an issue when you aren't- and that's something more to do with the management of players which sometimes I wonder if football managers actually understand. If we win the league next season or even if the three players featured all have great seasons then all this will be forgotten (and in fact many people will see the positives of three players going away together) but if we have anouther season like last or even if the three players don't perform well in pre season or even early on in the season then some people on here will quite rightly say I told you so.

I've been serious for a bit there but I'm wondering if I was a professional footballer on holiday in May I probably wouldn't be going to Ibiza because the beer is expensive and the clubs are shut. :grin:

I've been serious for a bit there but I'm wondering if I was a professional footballer on holiday in May I probably wouldn't be going to Ibiza because the beer is expensive and the clubs are shut. :grin:

You have a point, but if they had gone to the closing parties instead....well they are in September so we would have a problem!

There were pictures of Rooney, Ronaldo et al pottering about pissed up last night... what does that say about them? Are they, potential treble winners, destroying their careers?

Kind of pisses on the whole 'debate' doesn't it.

This thread will become legend, mark my words. :lol:

There were pictures of Rooney, Ronaldo et al pottering about pissed up last night... what does that say about them? Are they, potential treble winners, destroying their careers?

Post up ya links. Premier greed winners v league one losers.