Wanted Man

It is still implying though that his absence was the reason for our contract withdrawal

And whilst the official has denied this is the case the story as I heard it earlier that day, before the news had broken fully I admit, was that Penney was unhappy and withdrew the offer that was on the table before understanding what was going on... I doubt he would have put it back on the table after that... so that may be the case no?

I admit this is all subject to the usual source jokes.

I hope Stefan actually signs for Brentford or Yeovil as mentioned in the Sky Sports link. Purely so he can actually get a reception he deserved from the fans.

Never a massive fan of Stam's myself. I thought he's always been much more error prone than other defenders, but he loved playing for us and gave us some decent service when he was fit.

Still think he would've been very useful back up, with a proper pre-season and reserve set-up in place for him. Alas, our loss is someone elses gain!

You're right - but if I was him I'd think I was too good to be playing for Oldham's reserves! Good luck to him, hope he gets a successful move.