How to eat 92 pies

a football fan has visited all 92 league clubs to taste their pies. also as a sideline he met fans of the club involved.

best pie went to morecambe and worst pie went to walsall.

although he admitted that the conditions at the time might make the difference. eg. if the weather was cold and wet then the pie might be considered more tasty than it actually was.

Edited by stebuzz

a football fan has visited all 92 league clubs to taste their pies. also as a sideline he met fans of the club involved.

best pie went to morecambe and worst pie went to walsall.

although he admitted that the conditions at the time might make the difference. eg. if the weather was cold and wet then the pie might be considered more tasty than it actually was.

Oh god my Pie was burnt to shreds at Walsall good call!

Now I'm confused between you and razza699. Anyone else got an opinion on Walsall pies? Perhaps we could have a pie chart graphic to compare the different shades of burnt pastry opinion.

lets be honest though,the pies at latics can be totally hit or miss each week too.

i've had them underdone and soggy,perfecto and cinderised.

from the same kiosk,always at h/t.

as for the chap travelling around each ground for a sample...was he from wigwam? :lol:

or just a crap excuse to get a free pie each game? :idea:

I used to always have nice pies from one stall in the chaddy road end, but recently been going in the main stand where the pies (if there are any left) have been below average IMO.

There's never enough steak and kidney pies in general these days either

Seriously, is there anyone on here who prides themselves in being a pie expert and can recommend the best away grounds' pies from their experience? Similarly any which you would avoid in future.

I'll always recommend anywhere that uses Shire Foods pies like we used at Fulham FC. It has been a while since I've has one though! Lindley Catering use them.

Seriously, is there anyone on here who prides themselves in being a pie expert and can recommend the best away grounds' pies from their experience? Similarly any which you would avoid in future.

Rochdale have it spot on with Hollands pies but they complement it

with ' MUSHY PEAS'

Also this years addition of cottage pie at Boundary Park has been

appreciated.

I'll always recommend anywhere that uses Shire Foods pies...

Shire Foods’ most popular pie is the Chicken Balti Pie. The company supplies to these clubs in our League:

Bristol Rovers

Colchester

Huddersfield

Leeds

Leyton Orient

Millwall

MK Dons

Southampton

Stockport

Swindon

Walsall

That's the one. I'd be interested if anyone has anything to contribute about pubs and food outlets on away trips from personal experience.

I tried to do this with Hartlepool last year (only one where I have insider knowledge) but it wasn't a great success. Then again it was more about the journey than the food (but if you take ages with the journey- you don't get to sample as much of the food). If you can find it (feel free to add my tips on the end of your report there- a mention would be nice though)

I'd be interested to know if football grounds guide have been in touch Diego as a lot of your info seems taken straight from their site (in a very similar format) and although facts are facts and they can repeated ad nauseum (I think) some of it is similar enough that I've noticed (and I'm sure they would if they ever saw your reports)

Gordon Lawton might be able to help you. He goes to all the away games and seeing as he was on the Latics Pie Panel a couple of yrs ago he's obviously a BIG pie fan.