Is Anyone Else ...

Latics_Fanatic

This Season.  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Looking Forward To This Season ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Will Be After Some More Signings

I didn’t know a lot about DP when first appointed, and when we were linked with a bunch of league 2 players i thought we were planning for life in league 2 ourselves. Having read more about him, and understood the type of players he wants and the type of team he wants to create, im looking forward to the season more and more. How many sides will want to come to BP next season and be kicked and chased up and down the park for 90mins (especially with all the long journeys). We might not play the most attractive football, but we will be hard to beat!

Give me a hard working, tough tackling unit with fight and desire, over last seasons shower any day of the week!!

This is a good point. How many times in recent years have teams come to BP and kicked then shades of wotnot out of us for 90 mins and left with at least a point, sometimes 3. I remember Luton doing that exact thing a couple of seasons ago. Dirty team but was effective for them in that game. Still didnt help them in the end though. Last few seasons teams have come to BP to defend, hit us on the break and be physical and our players werent up for the fight. If DP can make us a physical side with a never say day attitude that would be good for me. Dowie, while having more cash, did this, especially on our travels and teams didnt like to play us because we were fit, motivated and physical.

Scunny have always been a bit like that and have reaped the rewards in this division. Plus having Hooper and Sharp in past years may have helped a little :wink:

If you voted no you should be put up against a wall and told to paint it. Your club needs you.

EVERYONE should be optimistic so the no votes?

Dean

Senor

Corp Jones

Oldham Scotland lol

I voted no even though I've already bought a season ticket. I only go because I don't want the club to slip further due to lack of money. I stopped enjoying it as much as those who no longer go a while back, however (apart from the occasional game.)

'EVERYONE should be optimistic?' Have you ever thought about a job in North Korea? Perhaps that wall you want the the naysayers to paint should be changed to the monstrosity of a fence where a stand used to be. In fact, perhaps we could round up some conscript labour and rebuild the whole stadium through sheer force of will with scraps of debris scattered around Oldham?

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Will be looking forward to it have a nice break from going watching the football now watch abit of cricket go and do other things yet will see the masters in july and come August and i will be looking at the fixtures choosing which away games to go to already got my season ticket no danger their.

Their is a theory in economics called the 80 20 rule you get 80% profit from 20% of your work. To me it applies to Latics. I get 80% of my good memories from about 20% of the games I watch. Alot of the games just are forgettable yet their are those which stand out and the memories last for a long time. It might just be a couple of good games per season but its those games which keep me going. Next season is my 20th as a Latics fan their will be highs their will be lows their will be the unexpeted the bizzare, the ridiculous the different pies, the different players, the different pubs round the different grounds and the different people you meet along the way. It all adds to the experience being a Latics fan is a journey saw plenty of man u shirts making their way round Manchester finding a screen to watch the CL final would I swap this for being one of them would I :censored:

Aussie Rules is the single worst sport I've ever seen live. Great day out at the MCG but awful sport. Aussies don't like you telling them that either, of that I'm certain!

You obviously watched Collingwood V Sydney. Hardly surprising it was naff.

I used to watch it on Channel 5 and thought it the most stupid game ever invented. I watched my first game live at the Gabba against Adelaide a few years ago and still wasn't overly convinced (Still having BP withdrawal symptoms at that stage. Still have them, but the commentary makes up for it). Then after being here a year and desperately seeking salvation (they have the A-League here you know, jeeze that is shocking), I went to a preliminary final at the Gabba with a couple of mates. What I witnessed was the most ferociously contested game of anything I have ever seen, from beginning to end.

There are broken bones, concussions and fist fights every game.....Being English, I am not ashamed to say that Aussie rules is probably edging football as the most exciting game on the planet for me.

What I couldnt get my head around was the fact that you can king hit a guy, break his jaw and carry on playing. What follows is legal retribution....it is awesome. There are no sendings off and no off sides.

Its like Ice hockey sans ice, and hockey sticks....and pucks.....and perspex.....and nets...OK its like AFL. There is no other game like it.

It is unique in its absurdity. That is what makes it so good.

Edited by L1onheart

Have you ever thought a positive thought youv'e become boring as sin your like an old copy of mouldy old dough stuck on an old turntable...give it a rest. If you cant be optimistic whats the point?????????????

Have you a fact.....guess not.

Is this gibberish actually supposed to mean something?

Their is a theory in economics called the 80 20 rule you get 80% profit from 20% of your work. To me it applies to Latics. I get 80% of my good memories from about 20% of the games I watch.

Go ParetoLatic!!

This is a good point. How many times in recent years have teams come to BP and kicked then shades of wotnot out of us for 90 mins and left with at least a point, sometimes 3. I remember Luton doing that exact thing a couple of seasons ago. Dirty team but was effective for them in that game. Still didnt help them in the end though. Last few seasons teams have come to BP to defend, hit us on the break and be physical and our players werent up for the fight. If DP can make us a physical side with a never say day attitude that would be good for me. Dowie, while having more cash, did this, especially on our travels and teams didnt like to play us because we were fit, motivated and physical.

Scunny have always been a bit like that and have reaped the rewards in this division. Plus having Hooper and Sharp in past years may have helped a little :wink:

If we start playing like that Luton side then I definately wont be looking forward to next season, no matter what results we get. Christ, Blackwell's tactics that night made Ronnie Moore look like Pep Guardiola.

If we start playing like that Luton side then I definately wont be looking forward to next season, no matter what results we get. Christ, Blackwell's tactics that night made Ronnie Moore look like Pep Guardiola.

Im not saying to play like them, but we need to stop getting kicked around the pitch by teams that come with those tactics. We have to have a side that can fight back when it needs to. It wont happen every game as some teams will come to try and play football, but there are times and matches where you need to give as you as you get. If we had done that this season then the season could have been so different. There are times when you need to win ugly........perhaps why Dowie was so good at it :grin:

It is puzzling, though, how a manager who was still highly popular on here on the eve of his departure suddenly became popularly considered a one-man disaster zone.

Always the way isn't it?

For me it was time for Shez to go, but that doesn't undo all the good he did over two and a half years, and I will always look out for him and wish him well (this most certainly isn't the end of his management career imo).

Always the way isn't it?

For me it was time for Shez to go, but that doesn't undo all the good he did over two and a half years, and I will always look out for him and wish him well (this most certainly isn't the end of his management career imo).

To see somebody go from hero to zero overnight is always a little disconcerting.

You obviously watched Collingwood V Sydney. Hardly surprising it was naff.

I used to watch it on Channel 5 and thought it the most stupid game ever invented. I watched my first game live at the Gabba against Adelaide a few years ago and still wasn't overly convinced (Still having BP withdrawal symptoms at that stage. Still have them, but the commentary makes up for it). Then after being here a year and desperately seeking salvation (they have the A-League here you know, jeeze that is shocking), I went to a preliminary final at the Gabba with a couple of mates. What I witnessed was the most ferociously contested game of anything I have ever seen, from beginning to end.

There are broken bones, concussions and fist fights every game.....Being English, I am not ashamed to say that Aussie rules is probably edging football as the most exciting game on the planet for me.

What I couldnt get my head around was the fact that you can king hit a guy, break his jaw and carry on playing. What follows is legal retribution....it is awesome. There are no sendings off and no off sides.

Its like Ice hockey sans ice, and hockey sticks....and pucks.....and perspex.....and nets...OK its like AFL. There is no other game like it.

It is unique in its absurdity. That is what makes it so good.

It's only a puffs' version of Gaelic. My favourite memory is seeing the other side's manager running onto the pitch to argue during a free for all, only for one of our chaps to walk up and lay him out with one punch. The subs dragged him off and watered him down, and he was effing and jeffing, or rather c-ing and effing at everything in the world again a few minutes later. That was only a parish game, which my side lost very heavily because my cousin had knocked the jaw clean off someone in the game the year before and it just wasn't practical to leave him on his own in a game that is meant to be one on one marking, as he would have been slaughtered. The 3 men needed to save his life sadly were unable to stop t'other lot scoring all the time...

It took a few months to be fair.

But change was needed.

it was the change we needed but i dont think the board helped with the players they (the board) signed

like brett, byfield and windass

but yeah well looking forward to DP reign, :grin: