Is Anyone Else ...

Latics_Fanatic

This Season.  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Looking Forward To This Season ?

• Yes
    • No
    • Will Be After Some More Signings

Always look forward to the start of the season - it is one of the best times to be a football fan when everthing is possible (even Luton this season managed to have a 'good year' with the LDV win at Wembley).

This season it will be less about the 'expectation' of a promotion charge (which I felt this year, good additions to a decent squad and a manager with another season of experience) and more about the interest of another new leaf (new manager/new style? lots of new players etc).

I don't think we will be in a serious promotion hunt, but you never know. But I hope that Dave P brings some entertaining football to BP - something we lacked in the last months of the season.

Definitely looking forward to the new season, but not so much in terms of high expectations (not a clue what to expect on that front) as some fantastic away trips to places as far apart (in every sense) as Norwich and Exeter.

Im starting to look forward to it more:) still not sure whether im getting a season ticket, but I can see myself paying in a lot of games so more money for the club anyway! I am however contemplating a return to playing football on saturdays which will mean I will miss loads of games, so no doubt this will be the season we get promoted knowing my luck.

you sound like the "mope pope",morrissey!

But they are. During the season there is something to look forward to every week, even though you know it will be crap, at least your still going to a game. At the moment its just rubbish. They should introduce a summer mini league or something just for something to do!

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Some T20 every Saturday at 3pm would be appreciated....but still, it's just not the same.

Without getting off topic... well sod it, getting off topci... I don't get why they don't do it like that? I could go today as I'm an unemployed bum - but with you and Paul in work I don't know anyone who'd fancy it so I can't go... if it was a weekend thing we could all go down.

I didn’t know a lot about DP when first appointed, and when we were linked with a bunch of league 2 players i thought we were planning for life in league 2 ourselves. Having read more about him, and understood the type of players he wants and the type of team he wants to create, im looking forward to the season more and more. How many sides will want to come to BP next season and be kicked and chased up and down the park for 90mins (especially with all the long journeys). We might not play the most attractive football, but we will be hard to beat!

Give me a hard working, tough tackling unit with fight and desire, over last seasons shower any day of the week!!

Without getting off topic... well sod it, getting off topci... I don't get why they don't do it like that? I could go today as I'm an unemployed bum - but with you and Paul in work I don't know anyone who'd fancy it so I can't go... if it was a weekend thing we could all go down.

Yeah, usually I book half days off work, but I need to save some cash so knocked it on the head this year. Think we are going to the FPT semi final though (on a Sunday) if you fancy it.

They should introduce a summer mini league or something just for something to do!

Fortunately for me, Aussie Rules is played largely in the Off - Season.....and the Lions are going remarkably well.

GO LIONS !!!

But I am anticipating next season much more than last.....laptop wired up to the Stereo. I am thinking about leaving a couple of half empty cans in every room of the house and employing 20 guys to come in and fart, just to replicate the atmosphere!!!

Edited by L1onheart

Fortunately for me, Aussie Rules is played largely in the Off - Season.....and the Lions are going remarkably well.

Aussie Rules is the single worst sport I've ever seen live. Great day out at the MCG but awful sport. Aussies don't like you telling them that either, of that I'm certain!