:Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain:

I have the misfortune to work in Old Trafford overlooking an unsightly giant piece of meccano. We have just received an email at work which says if Man Ure win the Champions League this evening there will be a victory parade tomorrow with all roads and access closed from 2.30pm ready for the parade at 5.00pm. The parade starts from Manchester Town Hall and finishes at Trafford Town Hall on Talbot Road, it is highly likely that staff who drive would not be able to get their cars out of the car parks until 10.00pm.

Staff that do use public transport normally, work until 3.00pm, unless they want to see the parade.

Staff that CAN use public transport as an alternative, do so and work till 3.00pm, unless they want to see the parade.

Staff that can use an alternate site such as Preston or Warrington etc do so and work normally.

Engineers and site staff should arrange site visits for the afternoon and be out of the office by 13.00 and work normally

All other staff to leave around 2.00pm.

Please note this will only be invoked in the extremely unlikely event that Man U will actually beat Barcelona. (Boss is a Leeds fan).

I obviously want Barcelona to win but if they do that means working until 5pm as normal?

If the unthinkable happens I get the afternoon off!

I don't know what to wish for now, what would you do in this situation?

:Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain::Spain:

I have the misfortune to work in Old Trafford overlooking an unsightly giant piece of meccano. We have just received an email at work which says if Man Ure win the Champions League this evening there will be a victory parade tomorrow with all roads and access closed from 2.30pm ready for the parade at 5.00pm. The parade starts from Manchester Town Hall and finishes at Trafford Town Hall on Talbot Road, it is highly likely that staff who drive would not be able to get their cars out of the car parks until 10.00pm.

Staff that do use public transport normally, work until 3.00pm, unless they want to see the parade.

Staff that CAN use public transport as an alternative, do so and work till 3.00pm, unless they want to see the parade.

Staff that can use an alternate site such as Preston or Warrington etc do so and work normally.

Engineers and site staff should arrange site visits for the afternoon and be out of the office by 13.00 and work normally

Please note this will only be invoked in the extremely unlikely event that Man U will actually beat Barcelona. (Boss is a Leeds fan).

I obviously want Barcelona to win but if they do that means working until 5pm as normal?

You work harder to morrow afternoon than you've ever worked in your life... and you do it with a hell of a smile on your face.

According to the email, we've had, it doesn't start until 6pm. That mightn't make any difference to us but it is a pain for all the reds if they don't know the start time as they won't know which Virgin Pendalino to book themselves on to

I think I would pray for a Man U win - so you get the afternoon off - which is then rescinded due to a technicality, playing an unregistered player perhaps (Scholesy because he has already signed for Latics) :wink:

:cardinal:

Burn Old Trafford down, if they win then they won't have a stadium to celebrate past and if they loose, you get to keep the economy moving as do your colleagues and the ManUre fans have 2 things to cry about.

I personally have put a bet on them winning, it might be the only way of cheering me up tonight

Edited by Guest

Ask the Leeds fan boss if he got his refund for booking the hotel room, accomm and bus ride home.

You might not then have a job have such worries!

Although, home early but lots of smug glory hunters getting in your face dusting off the shirt they get out now and again or home on time but no one around becasue they won't wear the red shirt becasue they lost pretend they don't even support Man u is a no brainer to me!

Edited by singe

:censored:s sake...are you for real? You're even thinking about it? 1 solitary afternoon...no...2 tiny hours off work compared to months on end of arrogant smug red armchair bastards making your life a misery...

Come on...have a word!!!

PS You should see it as an extra 2 hours to take the piss out of the :censored:ers, should Barca win!!!

:censored:s sake...are you for real? You're even thinking about it? 1 solitary afternoon...no...2 tiny hours off work compared to months on end of arrogant smug red armchair bastards making your life a misery...

Come on...have a word!!!

PS You should see it as an extra 2 hours to take the piss out of the :censored:ers, should Barca win!!!

:applause1::laught16: ha ha its 2-0 Messi has made a mess on that parade!

I hadn't thought of it like that boundary blue, cheers! I might ask if I can work overtime now if it stays like this.

Edited by Latics4lifenotjustxmas

I hadn't thought of it like that boundary blue, cheers! I might ask if I can work overtime now if it stays like this.

Although I can see it now does delay you 2 hours getting that Barca shirt...

Beep, beep, beep, "attention....vehicle reversing"...beep, beep, beep, "attention... vehicle reversing"..beep, beep, beep

:grin:

Good man...there's one prick inparticular who's getting it at my works tomoz! Since our demise from Jan/Feb onwards all I've had off him is that schoolyard finger-in-mouth popping sound! He's getting it back tomoz!!! BIG TIME!!!