not sure he knows any players ......... I've never actually noticed him talk about games :nnnng:

So I'd be better liked by some if I forgot the wider picture and joined in the endless expert analysis of the likes of yourself after every game? In a previous incarnation I used to do this from time to time, but these days I find that I'd rather staple my dick to the wall than dwell on most of what we see served up on the pitch.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you keep hijacking threads Corporal?

This thread isn't about me or you for that matter. I repeat, it was about a rallying call to those supporters who were wavering about renewing their season tickets. Take your argument back to 1 of the many other posts that you have pedalled your constant message on and leave this post alone.

In any event, the timescale for what was in my original post has now expired, so it is probably time and best for 1 of the mods to lock this thread.

Cheers,

Harry

I have hijacked nothing.

The Most High has spoken: the thread must be locked.

Notice the way it works: Harry, like other favoured contributors, can make any spurious claim or offer any contentious opinion (as he does here with his declaration that the club was dying when JR took over). Anybody who challenges them is 'hijacking the thread.'

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Free debate is welcome on all the forums and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end everyone is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules. Restating the same opinion repeatedly in the same thread or on multiple threads; badgering others that have differing opinions than your own; starting multiple threads on the same topic; and generally beating a dead horse is against forum rules.

Corp, I suggest that you read the above rules / guidelines ......... by all means debate your beliefs about the sorry state of the club but in appropriate posts. If owtb staff believe that you restarting the same opinion repeatedly in the same thread, or 'hijacking' another thread with these beliefs ... your posts will be moved to a more appropriate topic.

This rule applies to all members.

Free debate is welcome on all the forums and diversity of opinion lies at the heart of a good debate. Toward that end everyone is free to have their own opinion so long as it is expressed in a civil manner, is within the subject matter topic of the forum and does not otherwise violate forum rules. Restating the same opinion repeatedly in the same thread or on multiple threads; badgering others that have differing opinions than your own; starting multiple threads on the same topic; and generally beating a dead horse is against forum rules.

Corp, I suggest that you read the above rules / guidelines ......... by all means debate your beliefs about the sorry state of the club but in appropriate posts. If owtb staff believe that you restarting the same opinion repeatedly in the same thread, or 'hijacking' another thread with these beliefs ... your posts will be moved to a more appropriate topic.

This rule applies to all members.

And the rule is broken by all members. As if almost everybody doesn't continually restate what is basically the same set of opinions.

Meanwhile, the difference between my approach and that of some of my critics is that while I may occasionally resort to sarcasm and mild piss-taking, they indulge in outright abuse.

Take the mote out of your own eye, self righteous ones.

And the rule is broken by all members. As if almost everybody doesn't continually restate what is basically the same set of opinions.

Meanwhile, the difference between my approach and that of some of my critics is that while I may occasionally resort to sarcasm and mild piss-taking, they indulge in outright abuse.

Take the mote out of your own eye, self righteous ones.

In all fairness I just looked at the posts above and I seriously don't have a clue what you lot were arguing about has to do with Season Tickets ... so ...

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

..... and your shocked by that ?? You know eactly what your doing Corp.

Back on topic .............

In all fairness I just looked at the posts above and I seriously don't have a clue what you lot were arguing about has to do with Season Tickets ... so ...

It is related in a roudabout way. It'd be necessary to read the whole thread to see how.

As if most threads don't veer off topic anyway.

..... and your shocked by that ?? You know eactly what your doing Corp.

Back on topic .............

Did I say I was shocked?

What I said was that the likes of yourself have no reason to get on their high horses when I receive enough abuse and actually give back very little.

Did I say I was shocked?

What I said was that the likes of yourself have no reason to get on their high horses when I receive enough abuse and actually give back very little.

Feel free to PM a member of the owtb staff if you feel that someone as over stepped the mark and we'll deal with it.

Feel free to PM a member of the owtb staff if you feel that someone as over stepped the mark and we'll deal with it.

The abuse doesn't bother me at all. I find it amusing. After all, there's worse things happen in this evil world than a bit of internet abuse.

What does bother me (in the context of this board) is the frequent implication that only one type of viewpoint is legitimate. Some people can continually restate the accepted view while others are accused of repeating themslves. The accusers seem to miss the point that their whining complaints are among the most repeated things on these boards; irony doesn't seem to be their strong point, however.

As said, everybody is free to ignore those posters they don't like. For every one of my contributions there are dozens of others, most of them taking an entirely different view to my own.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

So my figures are unsubstantiated eh Corp. That's fair enough as you don't know me. Obviously Ackey does and knows why I would know. I could confirm the figures with AH but there again Alan knows me. Does he know who you are? and would you contacting him remove your own disguise on here? Does it matter that much to you? If you want the figures, then ask him. Personally I know them roughly enough to make the comment and all I was doing was correcting the figures you posted with figures within my own knowledge. The figures you posted were based on you seeming to recall, so I thought my imput would be helpful.

Never mind eh, I'll go back to my old policy of staying out of threads that you post in. Oh yes, this was my thread originally wasn't it? It was a rallying call to those supporters who for whatever reason hadn't renewed. It's been bloody hijacked again!

Cheers,

Harry

I missed this one. (Don't worry, Mr OASIS it is on topic.)

Yes-of course your figures are unsubstantiated. The only reason I refer to them being unsubstantiated is because Ackey (who, along with Alan, knows you let us not forget) keeps referring to them as data. They are not data-you have simply claimed something without backing it up. Yet we are supposed to accept it as indisputable truth. The fact that Alan Hardy knows you is neither here nor there when we come to examine the argument.

What's all this stuff about disguises? Is everybody else on here posting under their real names? Is Dowd's Green Shirt a real surname, and if so, shouldn't there be an hyphen or two in there?

There is no need for you to try to pretend that you were being helpful, either. The very fact that you saw fit to include a daft smiley was enough to reveal your antagonistic, 'Harry knows' intentions. (It doesn't seem to have struck some people on internet forums that being if being subjected to the mocking smiley genuinly antagonises you after the age of about thirteen, then something is very wrong.)

I didn't know threads were the personal property of those who start them, by the way.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

What's all this stuff about disguises? Is everybody else on here posting under their real names?

You may have stubbled on something that'll make a good debate ..............

Corporal Jones.

Maybe I may start an appropriate post to discuss this !

Harry is He to Whom We Must Bow Down due to some vaguely hinted at inside knowledge of club affairs. Alternatively known as The One to Whom Some People Refer In Order to End All Debate.

I think someone's jealous......

:D

ps. I love you Harry!

Edited by LeylandLatic