ok - gone and done the dirty deed and got ST today against my better judgement (even gave up spiritual home of Chaddy for midst of RRE ) ! . Totally down to 1 or 2 posts on here that gave me hope and thoughts of new dawn after the Shez loanees/old boys club fiasco. Mainly the author of this thread mr Harry Dowds Shirt - hope I dont regret it !

Onwards and upwards !!!

Good lad you have done the right thing.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to go without food this month and went to get a season ticket this morning. There was a grand total of me at the ticket office. Went to the shop to have a look around and when I came out, there was still, a grand total of me.

I do think that it is marketing suicide to ask people to buy a product, in which they do have no idea of the quality of the product they are actually buying. Why couldn't they have extended the "early bird" season ticket price until the start of the season when at least people will have an idea of whether we've brought any half decent players in.

There is difference between decline and not progressing. I would rather be a club that is not progressing which we are at the moment. We are certainly not too big for this league. We have been here for a number of years. In fact we have been in league 1 longer than anyone else. I think we deserve a promotion but things don't work like that keep the faith

There is no difference between not progressing and decline. We have not progressed for fifteen years. In that time the club has declined in almost every respect. What would have happened if first Chris Moore and then TTA hadn't come along?

Not progressing guarantees further decline.

So in 2004/2005 we had 4600 season tickets????

I seem to recall a figure of around 4500 being bandied around. Much was made of it at the time. (Or was this the number sold in the close season prior to CM pulling the plug? Whichever it was, there's been a marked downturn in interest between then and now.)

I decided to go without food this month and went to get a season ticket this morning. There was a grand total of me at the ticket office. Went to the shop to have a look around and when I came out, there was still, a grand total of me.

I do think that it is marketing suicide to ask people to buy a product, in which they do have no idea of the quality of the product they are actually buying. Why couldn't they have extended the "early bird" season ticket price until the start of the season when at least people will have an idea of whether we've brought any half decent players in.

Extending the early bird deadline to the start of the season would mean it was no longer a early bird deadline. I see where your coming from. Well done for not buying food for a month for the Latics. You know it meant sense. I hope to see some really good players next season. I can see a lot of frees coming though.

I seem to recall a figure of around 4500 being bandied around. Much was made of it at the time. (Or was this the number sold in the close season prior to CM pulling the plug? Whichever it was, there's been a marked downturn in interest between then and now.)

Ah yes, that was a forgotten point - buy a heavily discounted ST at Lge 1 prices, with a good chance of being in the Championship. <_<

Weren't they under £200?

Ah yes, that was a forgotten point - buy a heavily discounted ST at Lge 1 prices, with a good chance of being in the Championship. <_<

Weren't they under £200?

Can't remember the cost exactly, but I remember everybody (rightly) crowing about it being the biggest number of season ticket sales since the PL.

Can anybody remember how many were sold for TTA's first full season, when there was that open meeting at BP? It must have been high, as the average attendance for the season held up. I wonder how many would have been sold if people could have known we'd end up in another last-day-of-the-season relegation battle.

Sorry Corp, but you are wrong :grin:

At no time have we sold over 3,500 season tickets since we have been back in this league and that includes at any time during the 2 years of CM. That my friend is a fact and can be verified by the club.

Cheers,

Harry

At no time have we sold over 3,500 season tickets since we have been back in this league and that includes at any time during the 2 years of CM. That my friend is a fact and can be verified by the club.

Cheers,

Harry

What was the figure that people were saying was the highest since the PL then?

That this was going on (the crowing about the figure) can also probably be verified through the archives of the local press and various OAFC-related websites. And people in this thread seem to remember it.

Are there figures even available for the close season when CM pulled the plug? Everything going into the black hole and all that?

Cheers,

Harry

Now Now Harry, don't let data get in the way of a good moan mate. You should know better! :wink:

What was the figure that people were saying was the highest since the PL then?

That this was going on (the crowing about the figure) can also probably be verified through the archives of the local press and various OAFC-related websites. And people in this thread seem to remember it.

Are there figures even available for the close season when CM pulled the plug? Everything going into the black hole and all that?

If you want the figures, I suggest that you e-mail Alan Hardy. I'm sure you will get a reply with the actual figures if they are that important to you.

Cheers,

Harry

Because most people would have waited until the last minute and there would have been hardly any cash flow for the club!!!

If you want the figures, I suggest that you e-mail Alan Hardy. I'm sure you will get a reply with the actual figures if they are that important to you.

Cheers,

Harry

As you're the one who's put the emphasis on precise figures, I'd suggest that it's down to you to provide them.

What's with the smilies with every post? I had you down more as 64 than 14.

You'll be posting in text-speak next.

You're usually more subtle when ignoring a point. Please don't reduce the debate to this tit-for-tat type crap, ta.