I know there is another thread on season tickets, but this message is important and needs re-inforcing for those wavering, so mods please do not merge today or tomorrow.

Despite the doom and gloom painted bya few on here, and I do mean a few, by early this morning, my very reliable :sauce: confirms that over 2,000 season tickets had been sold and with the rest of today and tomorrow, the end figure is likely to be between 2,300 -2,500. Not bad considering the economy and the poor end to last season after such a promising start. But it could be better.

However, your club needs you. It needs you now as much as it needed you in 2003. We have a new manager, building a new team after the debris from last year was cleaned out. Last season there was a lot of blind faith in Shez. To a point he deserved it, but in the end it killed us as lessons were not learnt on the pitch. Penny has to rebuild, virtually from scratch. The man has a pedigree and from what I have seen of his teams, play decent football, so we are unlikely to see a Ronnie Moore style game, nor abject uninspiring displays like we saw in the second half of last season.

This is a new dawn. The new manager deserves a chance and it is upto you the supporters of Oldham Athletic Football Club, to step upto the plate and back the boys in blue for 1 more season.

For those of you wavering, think back to the days of Joe Royle's first reign. People had given up on the club and we were lucky to have a manager and a board that were patient and built slowly and purposefully. We need the same again now. There will be some tough games this season, but I prefer it that way and I am sure the manager will as well. Our history has been one of playing well against the better teams and with a tough league this year, there is every chance we will see overall better performances and results. There is a very fine line in this league between success and failure and all the early signs from our new management team are very very encouraging. They are planning a younger, fitter, hungrier squad and that bodes well. As long as we bring in the quality up front, we can be a threat. To make that happen, we need the season ticket sales. So please please stop wavering and buy your season tickets. Back the new manager, back TTA and most importantly back your, yes your club. It is not anyone elses, it won't be backed by Rochdale, Bury, Stockport United or City fans, so it is down to you, the readers of this board, proper Latics fans. So back your team, do it, you know it makes sense and you know in your heart you want to. Last seasons disappointments have gone, it is a new season and a new era. Please be a part of it.

Now really is the time to KEEP THE FAITH. See you at our 3 sides fortress in August.

Cheers,

Harry

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there is another thread on season tickets, but this message is important and needs re-inforcing for those wavering, so mods please do not merge today or tomorrow.

Despite the doom and gloom painted bya few on here, and I do mean a few, by early this morning, my very reliable :sauce: confirms that over 2,000 season tickets had been sold and with the rest of today and tomorrow, the end figure is likely to be between 2,300 -2,500. Not bad considering the economy and the poor end to last season after such a promising start. But it could be better.

However, your club needs you. It needs you now as much as it needed you in 2003. We have a new manager, building a new team after the debris from last year was cleaned out. Last season there was a lot of blind faith in Shez. To a point he deserved it, but in the end it killed us as lessons were not learnt on the pitch. Penny has to rebuild, virtually from scratch. The man has a pedigree and from what I have seen of his teams, play decent football, so we are unlikely to see a Ronnie Moore style game, nor abject uninspiring displays like we saw in the second half of last season.

This is a new dawn. The new manager deserves a chance and it is upto you the supporters of Oldham Athletic Football Club, to step upto the plate and back the boys in blue for 1 more season.

For those of you wavering, think back to the days of Joe Royle's first reign. People had given up on the club and we were lucky to have a manager and a board that were patient and built slowly and purposefully. We need the same again now. There will be some tough games this season, but I prefer it that way and I am sure the manager will as well. Our history has been one of playing well against the better teams and with a tough league this year, there is every chance we will see overall better performances and results. There is a very fine line in this league between success and failure and all the early signs from our new management team are very very encouraging. They are planning a younger, fitter, hungrier squad and that bodes well. As long as we bring in the quality up front, we can be a threat. To make that happen, we need the season ticket sales. So please please stop wavering and buy your season tickets. Back the new manager, back TTA and most importantly back your, yes your club. It is not anyone elses, it won't be backed by Rochdale, Bury, Stockport United or City fans, so it is down to you, the readers of this board, proper Latics fans. So back your team, do it, you know it makes sense and you know in your heart you want to. Last seasons disappointments have gone, it is a new season and a new era. Please be a part of it.

Now really is the time to KEEP THE FAITH. See you at our 3 sides fortress in August.

Cheers,

Harry

:applause1::applause1::applause1:

Hear Hear Harry see you all in August people we will go on another journey together.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Cheers,

Harry

Well said Harry.

Edited by ronnieblair

£270 season ticket would have seen 4000 tickets sold.

do the sums.

It wouldn't Johnny, it would have only brought an extra 600 ST and then lost that walk in pay on the gate fan that supports the club throughout the season.

£70 discount wasnt enough to get people to buy a ST, imo we dont have 4000 fans ABLE to buy a season ticket at the MOMENT

"think back to the days of Joe Royle's first reign. People had given up on the club "

No they hadn't.

We were in the 2nd Division (the Championship).

Times were bleak when we applied for re-election to the 4th Division. That was bad.

Prior to Joe we had Jimmy Frizzell and the likes of Fryatt/Shaw/Garwood/Taylor etc etc. It was a really good time. Far far far better than now. Bloody Hell it was great.

"think back to the days of Joe Royle's first reign. People had given up on the club "

No they hadn't.

We were in the 2nd Division (the Championship).

Times were bleak when we applied for re-election to the 4th Division. That was bad.

Prior to Joe we had Jimmy Frizzell and the likes of Fryatt/Shaw/Garwood/Taylor etc etc. It was a really good time. Far far far better than now. Bloody Hell it was great.

Crowds of 2,800 and 3,000's at the end of Friz's reign and the start of Joe's say they had.

Cheers,

Harry

We were in the 2nd Division. Nuff said.

I know which division we were in. I was there. That wasn't the point. The point was, that fans had given up on the club/lost the faith or however else you care to descibe it. It is irrelevant which division we were in at the time, fans stopped attending games.

Oh Ok then we were in league 2, now the Championship. Does that make it worse? I don't think so.

Once the fans stop coming it doesn't matter which division you are in it is bad news.

Cheers,

Harry

Would love to despite the fact that I couldn't be arsed for big chunks of last season.

However, dole money doesn't meet the mortgage payments never mind season tickets as luxurious extras.

If I manage to get a job by August I will go to the games, if not I won't - it is that simple.

Tough world out there at the moment and football is an extra I certainly can't afford right now.

Derek.

As MikeF posted above, the deadline has been extended to 12 noon on SATURDAY 30th May.

Over £100,000 worth of STs sold in eight hours yesterday!

Which equates to about 325 adult tickets.

Good news anyway. I'll leave the sandwiches and overnight back at home then.

Crowds of 2,800 and 3,000's at the end of Friz's reign and the start of Joe's say they had.

Cheers,

Harry

Yes-at a time when football as a whole was in the doldrums and everybody's crowds down. The difference between now and then is that we have been in the doldrums for fifteen years at a time when football has been going through a boom. Clubs from towns just like ours rode that boom and prospered; we got left behind. No amount of optimism can surmount the problems that this leaves the club facing. Without the stadium redevelopment we are sunk.

Yes-at a time when football as a whole was in the doldrums and everybody's crowds down. The difference between now and then is that we have been in the doldrums for fifteen years at a time when football has been going through a boom. Clubs from towns just like ours rode that boom and prospered; we got left behind. No amount of optimism can surmount the problems that this leaves the club facing. Without the stadium redevelopment we are sunk.

No ships caught in the doldrums sink - they just stand still - eventually they manage to get out - and then it's plain sailing with new hope.

:pray:

I have to say Corporal that I agree with 99% of your posts but you really do need to change your subject of doom and gloom........your answer is always the same.... you may as well just say in future.........."Please refer to my previous posts" as it would save you alot of retype!!!!!

Given the current economic climate the ST sales were always going to be down on last year, and I would fully expect the club were anticipating this and had taken it into account with the budget given to Dave Penney.

I just hope that the sales are not too much worse that the club had forecast.