• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ike the other day you refer to data where there is none.

Where is the data in this thread?

Harry referes to the data, that it could be aquired through AH. You assert that "It could have been, but it's 2000 down on TTA's first season. An initial burst of hope dashed by failure." but when Harry tells you (and lets be honest he should know!) that you are wrong you try to ignore him by bringing up a frivilous point about smilies. Further to that you claim you have no need to provide evidence for your argument, I assume because it would almost certainly debunk your argument.

It's very tiresome.

Harry referes to the data, that it could be aquired through AH. You assert that "It could have been, but it's 2000 down on TTA's first season. An initial burst of hope dashed by failure." but when Harry tells you (and lets be honest he should know!) that you are wrong you try to ignore him by bringing up a frivilous point about smilies. Further to that you claim you have no need to provide evidence for your argument, I assume because it would almost certainly debunk your argument.

It's very tiresome.

What is tiresome is your referring to data where there is none.

So now data has become something that somebody else refers to but doesn't provide, has it?

In actual fact Harry has 'told' us nothing. Nowhere in this thread have we seen anything but claim and counter claim based either on memory or on some veiled assumption of superior knowledge-which you reinforce here. Why 'should Harry know?' Is he some kind of oracle? The Wizard of Oz? The man behind the curtain?

You might notice that I have never claimed evidence for my assertion. As I said, it's from memory, and I'm not the only one who seems to recall it. No evidence on here is needed to prove that there has been a dip in interest since TTA's first full season.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

As you're the one who's put the emphasis on precise figures, I'd suggest that it's down to you to provide them.

Actually I was replying to the figures that you yourself mentioned in post number 63. So please don't try turning my post round thank you.

As for your quote "What's with the smilies with every post? I had you down more as 64 than 14.

You'll be posting in text-speak next."

Well all I can say is :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

As for being 64 Thats shall we say way wider from the mark than one of JJ's efforts. There again so is 14. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

Actually I was replying to the figures that you yourself mentioned in post number 63. So please don't try turning my post round thank you.

As for your quote "What's with the smilies with every post? I had you down more as 64 than 14.

You'll be posting in text-speak next."

Well all I can say is :laught16: :laught16: :laught16:

As for being 64 Thats shall we say way wider from the mark than one of JJ's efforts. There again so is 14. :wink:

Cheers,

Harry

I know you replIed to the figures I mentioned. You replied with an unsubstantiated counter-claim that Ackey seems to think amounts to data.

Who's JJ?

I know you replIed to the figures I mentioned. You replied with an unsubstantiated counter-claim that Ackey seems to think amounts to data.

Who's JJ?

Why doesnt it suprise me that you dont know who jj is Corp? Jermaine Johnson :shock:

Who's JJ?

So my figures are unsubstantiated eh Corp. That's fair enough as you don't know me. Obviously Ackey does and knows why I would know. I could confirm the figures with AH but there again Alan knows me. Does he know who you are? and would you contacting him remove your own disguise on here? Does it matter that much to you? If you want the figures, then ask him. Personally I know them roughly enough to make the comment and all I was doing was correcting the figures you posted with figures within my own knowledge. The figures you posted were based on you seeming to recall, so I thought my imput would be helpful.

Never mind eh, I'll go back to my old policy of staying out of threads that you post in. Oh yes, this was my thread originally wasn't it? It was a rallying call to those supporters who for whatever reason hadn't renewed. It's been bloody hijacked again!

Cheers,

Harry

So my figures are unsubstantiated eh Corp. That's fair enough as you don't know me. Obviously Ackey does and knows why I would know. I could confirm the figures with AH but there again Alan knows me. Does he know who you are? and would you contacting him remove your own disguise on here? Does it matter that much to you? If you want the figures, then ask him. Personally I know them roughly enough to make the comment and all I was doing was correcting the figures you posted with figures within my own knowledge. The figures you posted were based on you seeming to recall, so I thought my imput would be helpful.

Never mind eh, I'll go back to my old policy of staying out of threads that you post in. Oh yes, this was my thread originally wasn't it? It was a rallying call to those supporters who for whatever reason hadn't renewed. It's been bloody hijacked again!

Cheers,

Harry

Do you and Alan have a Gollum/Smeagol type relationship?

No evidence on here is needed to prove that there has been a dip in interest since TTA's first full season.

Eh?

So, basically, you're saying that you are right and everyone else is wrong? It's a decline / standing still (clear synonyms - duh!), gates have dropped (even when they went up), it's stagnation etc etc etc.

Of course if anyone points out that you are wrong, you just say "prove it"; but that makes little sense as a posting on a forum can hardly carry some sort of watermark to prove its' evidential worth. Mind you, I've often quoted you published attendance figures, but still you claim a decline.

And you said I was arguing for it's own sake!

As an aside it was nice of you to admit that the season you used to claim past high gates was based on the one with the cheapest season tickets since we came down to this level coutesy of CMs cash rake before he legged it. Hmm, chance of promotion + v cheap tickets + time to rally the troops = erm, high season ticket sales?

Eh?

So, basically, you're saying that you are right and everyone else is wrong? It's a decline / standing still (clear synonyms - duh!), gates have dropped (even when they went up), it's stagnation etc etc etc.

Of course if anyone points out that you are wrong, you just say "prove it"; but that makes little sense as a posting on a forum can hardly carry some sort of watermark to prove its' evidential worth. Mind you, I've often quoted you published attendance figures, but still you claim a decline.

And you said I was arguing for it's own sake!

As an aside it was nice of you to admit that the season you used to claim past high gates was based on the one with the cheapest season tickets since we came down to this level coutesy of CMs cash rake before he legged it. Hmm, chance of promotion + v cheap tickets + time to rally the troops = erm, high season ticket sales?

Never mind, Real-just you carry on going through your contortions to prove that we are, in our three-sided, deteriorating ground, our dependency on the subsidies of three businessmen who are, due to reasons largely beyond their control, unable to carry out the very project that forms their reason for being here, and which the club itself acknowledges is crucial to any worthwhile future, our inability to do what some smaller clubs seem to manage and get out of the division, shrinking budgets and falling season ticket sales due to stagnation and mediocrity, actually a club on the up and, ahem, 'in a better state than most others in this division.'

so then Harry just foe clarity's sake , who are ya? and why are you so close to this sauce/source?

Harry is He to Whom We Must Bow Down due to some vaguely hinted at inside knowledge of club affairs. Alternatively known as The One to Whom Some People Refer In Order to End All Debate.

Harry is He to Whom We Must Bow Down due to some vaguely hinted at inside knowledge of club affairs. Alternatively known as The One to Whom Some People Refer In Order to End All Debate.

Why do you keep hijacking threads Corporal?

This thread isn't about me or you for that matter. I repeat, it was about a rallying call to those supporters who were wavering about renewing their season tickets. Take your argument back to 1 of the many other posts that you have pedalled your constant message on and leave this post alone.

In any event, the timescale for what was in my original post has now expired, so it is probably time and best for 1 of the mods to lock this thread.

Cheers,

Harry

Never mind, Real-just you carry on going through your contortions to prove that we are, in our three-sided, deteriorating ground, our dependency on the subsidies of three businessmen who are, due to reasons largely beyond their control, unable to carry out the very project that forms their reason for being here, and which the club itself acknowledges is crucial to any worthwhile future, our inability to do what some smaller clubs seem to manage and get out of the division, shrinking budgets and falling season ticket sales due to stagnation and mediocrity, actually a club on the up and, ahem, 'in a better state than most others in this division.'

Maybe we could have emulated Luton, Swindon, Bradford, Notts County, who all tasted the top flight around the time we did? They've all been to the bottom level too. All are arguably a similar size to us too.