World Twenty20

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they win by 1 i won't... :grin::mad::mad:

Though Franks got to have a very very very tight last over.....

They don't need it thanks to :censored: Broad again. I don't give a :censored: what he's like in the 5day game, he's crap at T20. And if we're going to rely on him to deal with the pressure of an Ashes series we're screwed!

They don't need it thanks to :censored: Broad again. I don't give a :censored: what he's like in the 5day game, he's crap at T20. And if we're going to rely on him to deal with the pressure of an Ashes series we're screwed!

V True.....he's def better with the bat at this format....his decisions at where to bowl are buddy rubbish to say the least

That almost makes sense. It doesn't matter what he is like at the five day game as if he can't "deal with the pressure" in a hit and run game then the Ashes will knacker him. But the Ashes is a five day game. And I would reckon for a player who depends largely on the short ball it is pretty hard to bowl in a game that calls them no-balls most of the time.

A fitting end to a daft competition. I see little future in this game once people see that unless you are much better (as we've seen that is more than the difference between teams at the levels of Holland and India) you may as well be pressing a button on a random number generator.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Broad was Englands highest wicket taker and 2nd most economical bowler in the tournament. Only Mascharenas has a better economy rate, and he only bowled 7 overs.

It wasn't the bowlers who let us down last night, and if it wasn't for Broads 10 of 2 we would have had a much smaller chance. The batsmen didn't get a big enough score, we don't know how to set a target. If you need 80 of 9 overs, it sounds a lot, but with 10 wickets in hand you can take a lot of risks. Plus the Windies bat quite deep (in T20, our batting stops once KP is out). We need big hitters in the middle order, and we need to learn how to regularly post a total, because that's whats letting the side down.

Broad was Englands highest wicket taker and 2nd most economical bowler in the tournament. Only Mascharenas has a better economy rate, and he only bowled 7 overs.

It wasn't the bowlers who let us down last night, and if it wasn't for Broads 10 of 2 we would have had a much smaller chance. The batsmen didn't get a big enough score, we don't know how to set a target. If you need 80 of 9 overs, it sounds a lot, but with 10 wickets in hand you can take a lot of risks. Plus the Windies bat quite deep (in T20, our batting stops once KP is out). We need big hitters in the middle order, and we need to learn how to regularly post a total, because that's whats letting the side down.

If he could field we'd have won.

Cant be said with any degree of certainty. They would have been for 6, the next batsmen could have easily come in and got going....but if we could actually post a total, we would have given ourselves a chance.

Holland game too don't forget. Sure it proved unimportant, but that was fielding I'd have been ashamed of.

Holland game too don't forget. Sure it proved unimportant, but that was fielding I'd have been ashamed of.

True, but to say he cant play T20, when he was the best quicky in a bowling attack which was the part of the side which didn't let the team down is incredibly harsh.

And again, with the Holland game...if the batsmen had any idea how to post a total we would have won.

England were let down yesterday from the get go. Mascharenas (sp?) is struggling a bit with injury we have an almost like for like replacement in Napier on the bench but we play Rashid. You don't need to play 5 front line bowlers when you have Collingwood and Wright in the team (Wright has been bowling in the 80s- faster than the WI bowlers with the exception of Taylor). Add Napier into the mix and you have your 4 front line bowlers (Anderson, Broad, Sidebottom and Swann) plus three guys who are all more than capable of bowling a four over spell each having to allocate one between them. (It was fairly obvious the weather was going to get involved before the toss). I don't know how good Napier is in the field but he his a big hitter and Foster stands up to him for Essex regularly (something I think we should definately look at is running one to the keeper off the quicks- its less suicidal than some of the runs people take).

I know Shah was our top scorer against the Saffers but that's only because he connected with a few and prior to that he had got about 9 of 20 which in 20/20 is useless. He offers nothing in the field, his running between the wickets is worse than mine and he isn't a good enough bowler to bowl in this format. So why is he in the team ahead of other batsmen like Morgan or Key, both of which are better all round players than Shah (Morgan is almost as good as Collingwood in the field). He is supposed to be this great player against spin but he's got out at least twice to spinners.

To be honest I think if England had gotten to the Semis it would have been embarrassing for the tournament- there is no way someone who can't beat Holland should get to the semis. The WI will give Sri Lanka (most likely them) a good game, whereas England who can't play spin at all would get out to Jayasuria nevermind Mendis and Murali.

Oh well at least we have a good chance against the Aussies- I wonder if we can organise some very loud music right outside there hotel in Leicestershire for the next week.