Masters Team

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liddell joins David Eyres, Tommy Wright, Mike Milligan and Darren Sheridan in the Masters line-up so far.... Well at least its attacking

Liddell to point us the way to the final :wink:

thanks for the pics again Ackey I had forgotton what Lids looked like :grin:

Little Shez - Excellent!!!!!!!

There will be fisticuffs I'm telling you.

Derek.

Well he did his best to "have some" last year...although he was justified after a poor tackle and swing of an arm at him.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Following on from yesterdays announcement of Darren Sheridan and Andy Liddell OWTB.co.uk and OldhamAthletic.co.uk bring you more breaking Masters news, as two more players sign on to appear at the Manchester Evening News Arena for this years 2009 North West Masters event.

David Eyres, Tommy Wright and Mike Milligan were all confirmed earlier in the week, and today sees Andy Ritchie join their ranks in the Latics attack.

The seventh players announcement sees the team begin to take shape, as the hotly debated goalkeeper role is filled. On the OWTB.co.uk thread about this (here) the most popular choice was young-gun Paul Gerrard, however it's Andy Rhodes, who placed second by only two votes, who will be donning the gloves for Laitcs this year!

All the details for this year's event are available online on the official Masters website here, and keep your eyes peeled on OWTB.co.uk for your final chance to win tickets to this years event in the coming weeks.

Andy Ritchie

andy_ritchie_150_150x180.jpg

Oldham Career:

To: 03-08-1995

Games (Subs): 187 (30)

Goals: 82

AND

To: 31-05-2001

Games (Subs): 14 (13)

Goals: 2

Andy Rhodes

AndyRhodes.jpg

Oldham Career:

To: 31-05-1990

Games: 69

Goals: 0

Andy Liddell

d054e7d7-b9d0-4d25-bad6-336233e44d99.jpg

Oldham Career:

To: 28-03-09

Games: 107 (18)

Goals: 29

Total Career Distance Covered: 0.13km

FTFY

Added that new fangled distance statistic that they always show on European games now...

This is the best news I have ever heard. Shame I cant make it. With the coffin dodgers that play in this tournament - will we actually see Lids beat a man?!

Time will tell...

David Eyres, Tommy Wright and Mike Milligan were all confirmed earlier in the week, and today sees Andy Ritchie join their ranks in the Latics attack.

:banana2::banana2::banana2:

If Lids is playing....why not Greegs? I'm getting a little turned on by this line-up.

Disclaimer: Neither myself nor OWTB condone the systematic abuse of drugs or excessive consumption of alcohol.

:laught16:

Edited by Zorrro

We have a really really good team, and I don't think it really matters who the last 2 are. I want Dux back, him and Shez sat back last year. TP? He didn't do anything last year, but they're both still staff. Can't see Holden coming this year, didn't play a lot or do anything last year. So it's pretty much the same team from last year, but I think Lidds is a class edition!

People who can't play as they have played/going to play for other teams are:

Paul Reid, Leicester

Adrian Littlejohn, Sheff Utd

Simon Charlton, Bolton

Stuart Barlow & Shaun Garnett, Tranmere

David Reeves, Sheff Wed

John Eyre, Hull

These players played Masters last year but aren't named in any squads this year:

Super Sean McCarthy, scored 2 for Bristol City last year

Neil Redfearn, scored 4 for Wigan last year

Paul Warhurst, Blackburn

Steve Redmond, Citeh

Neil Pointon, Everton

They've put this years squads up, so far:

North West Masters 2009 Teams

I did hear Andy Rhodes was quite good for Notlob last year, Ritchie is a proper legend and has played in loads of these for the PLC (its amazing when he can't play they struggled to get a team). Liddell will run rings round a whole bunch of older and slower guys (BTW Big Fin I like the distance stat but you can't have included his penalty/set piece run up- or did you- cos he must have run at least 200m for those throughout the years). We could win this (and I mean the whole thing not just the Manchester one).

These players played Masters last year but aren't named in any squads this year:

Super Sean McCarthy, scored 2 for Bristol City last year

Neil Redfearn, scored 4 for Wigan last year

Paul Warhurst, Blackburn

Steve Redmond, Citeh

Neil Pointon, Everton

They've put this years squads up, so far:

North West Masters 2009 Teams

Right hang on if McCarthy plays for Bristol City (where he was only on loan- from us- played 8 games 0 goals) and Redfearn plays for Pie boys (played 18 with 4 as sub scored 7) I think we should complain. How can you be a Master for a team despite playing so few games for them- Redfearn is a proper Latics legend (he gets bonus points for a certain penalty) and McCarthy is a cult hero (for that goal against Man U). Is there a set of rules on eligibilty somewhere?