Dean Furman - Fuel to the fire

Is it under 24 or under 23 the bosman ruling applies in the UK? Fifa states under 23 which if was the case, Porter would have never commanded a fee in the UK. This can’t be right. The articles at the time of Porters transfer only state that it was a “cross border transfer”.

Some interesting bed time reading.

Fifa Transfer Regs

I’m still not to much clearer on it all as I have read some contradictory info but I now side towards a fee being due. However…

If he moves from a bigger club to a smaller club, the fee is based on the training costs of the smaller club. Therefore the fee would be smaller than perhaps would first be thought.

Is it under 24 or under 23 the bosman ruling applies in the UK? Fifa states under 23 which if was the case, Porter would have never commanded a fee in the UK. This can’t be right. The articles at the time of Porters transfer only state that it was a “cross border transfer”.

Some interesting bed time reading.

Fifa Transfer Regs

I’m still not to much clearer on it all as I have read some contradictory info but I now side towards a fee being due. However…

If he moves from a bigger club to a smaller club, the fee is based on the training costs of the smaller club. Therefore the fee would be smaller than perhaps would first be thought.

IF think if they are under 24 compo is payable if transfered within England, but it's under 23 if they go to Scotland (and presumably the other way round). Doesn't matter what age you had them from or if they are out of contract or not.

McCall gives up on Furman

Bantams boss accepts defeat over midfielder

Stuart McCall has accepted defeat in his bid to bring Dean Furman to Bradford on a permanent deal.

The midfielder won the fans' affections after a season-long loan from Rangers, but the Bantams boss admits that the chances of signing him this summer look slim.

The 21-year-old played 33 times last season for the League Two club, scoring four goals in the process, but the South African has attracted interest from clubs at a highers level.

The Gers youngster is said to be on the verge of joining a League One side, with Oldham hotly tipped as his most likely destination.

"We've been very good with Deano and he's been terrific for us," McCall told the Telegraph & Argus.

"I know he loved his time here and would like to come back but, in fairness, he wants to play at the highest level possible.

"As much as we've done everything we can to get him back, I think he'll be joining a League One club if they can come up with the (compensation) money that Rangers are looking for.

Disappointment

"We've waited a little while to try to get him and I'm disappointed but I can see that he wants to play at a higher level if the chance is there."

If the Bantams do fail to capture Furman it will be the second time this summer that McCall has lost out on one his top targets after another loanee from last term, Nicky Law, opted to join Rotherham United.

Now McCall must turn his attention to shipping players out as he looks to reduce the wage bill in preparation for new players coming in.

However, the Scot has revealed that he has received no offers for high earners Graeme Lee, Michael Boulding and Paul McLaren.

"I've not heard anything otherwise," he added. "There are a lot of players out there in the market these days and everyone knows that, apart from a few clubs, finances are cut.

"Whether anyone can match their wages, and whether the lads want to go to these clubs, we'll have to wait and see.

"At the moment I expect to see the lads back for pre-season and we'll take it from there. It's a difficult position."

Sky Sports

The Chron are reporting Rangers want in the region of £50k for Furman

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...g-hopes-boosted

That shouldnt be a problem

Money may be tight but if we play our cards right and get this guy on a three year deal, we could have a saleable assett on our hands whom in 12 months time, could be worth a hell of alot more than the 50k rangers want for him currently.

Money may be tight but if we play our cards right and get this guy on a three year deal, we could have a saleable assett on our hands whom in 12 months time, could be worth a hell of alot more than the 50k rangers want for him currently.

Exactly - if he is as good as people are making him out to be, then £50k is a snip

The sell on potential of this kid has got to be to tempting for TTA

the question is, do the tta want to spend any money on transfer fees this season?

I very much doubt TTA look at things so black and white. I would imagine that as business men, if they think a good investment comes along they will back it (as has been proven in the past) if they are able to.

We payed more than 50k for O'Grady :o

I'm sure the money will not be a problem for TTA to raise. As has been mentioned if the TTA amigo's think we could sell him in a season or two for £200k plus then that is a very good return.

Also didn't we sell Davies for a profit to Brighton?

I'm sure the money will not be a problem for TTA to raise. As has been mentioned if the TTA amigo's think we could sell him in a season or two for £200k plus then that is a very good return.

This is another rumour from on here and the 'Chron' and as far as I'm aware we have no confirmation at all of any official interest from the club via the O.S.

If we are interested then we will just have to wait and see....anything other than that is pure guesswork!!!

I think you are right on the Davies thing (we sold him for a little bit more than we paid) and we did pay £50k for O' Grady, I think we paid more than that for Stephens and he played what 10 minutes last season. I can see some logic in us signing him (if he is as good as some say then he is worth it- but I doubt it) but I can also see a lot of logic in not paying a transfer fee for him, as there are an awful lot of players availible on a free transfer (or for less money) out there who are probably as good (if not better).