are you joking!

I dont normally get involved in this drivel - but those figures are tosh. You are making things up to give fact to your very 1 sided arguement... which ultimately has no fact to support it.

Just wait and see...

It amazes me how so many people seem to have knowledge of what we pay/have paid our players.

Edited by Butter

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All chill, it just made me think we are panick buying thats all, it sounds like he was on a shortlist and he just got phoned up and agreed to sign

Well if he was on a shortlist how is that a panick buy?

We have got a reduced budget next season and that i think is one of the reasons we have took a while in signing players so far. i seriously don't have a clue if he will turn out to be a good buy or not but you have to give the lad a chance and have sme faith in the manager or you might aswel give up now.

People worry too much about what might or might not happen with Latics.

Just relax, trust the new boss, and judge the club on what happens in August-May on the green stuff.

Dean, we understand what you mean fella, we all want to see Oldham do well, but we'll have to accept a few £500-a-week small-name signings this summer, it's just how it is.

Maybe you're wrong and Penney will make him into a better player than he's ever been, or do what good managers do and use his strengths and hide his weaknesses. Maybe you're right, he turns out rubbish, and Black gets a go instead. Who knows. I'd like to see Black get a few games as it happens.

This is football!

Edited by Simpo

so how far out do you reckon i am then go on....

Why should I? You just keep on your one-man bandwaggon and enjoy yourself... its quite entertaining. You are fine with your opinions, just dont blatantly make stuff up that you have no clue about...

Tell you what - if next season we get relegated, we will put a big thread on here where we will all publically apologise to Dean_1984.

If not - are you going to admit to us all you have been a bit of an idiot?

if thats the budget id be worried i bet we have got rid of

hughes 3000

lids 2500

gregan 3000

maher 2000

kalala 1500

crossley 2000

allott 2000

stam 800

16,800 +

Wasn't the average first team wage for our division around 800-900 a week? Allott not a chance he was on 2k, JP not a chance he was on 1.5k, Maher, very much doubt 2k, Hughes wasn't on 3 k either from what I know. I'd be surprised if Lids extra year was on the same terms as his original deal. We've had plenty of ridiculous posts from you in the past, but it's getting boring now.

Why should I? You just keep on your one-man bandwaggon and enjoy yourself... its quite entertaining. You are fine with your opinions, just dont blatantly make stuff up that you have no clue about...

Tell you what - if next season we get relegated, we will put a big thread on here where we will all publically apologise to Dean_1984.

If not - are you going to admit to us all you have been a bit of an idiot?

im starting to change my mind to lower mid table finish

I don't think it's a panic signing Dean, it seems like he's one of the 4 players we've had ready to sign for a while. Panic signings are when time's running out and you just get anyone in. DP will know that JJ's young, enthusiastic, easily available, and has good potential, and that fits in with his plan for our squad. He'll have talked to his agent, asked if he could come down to talk about signing for us, been told he's in Spain for 2 weeks. Maybe DP asked Neal Eardley to confirm what he's been told about him during the recent week's training.

Basically, I am fully confident that Dave Penney knows exactly what he wants from JJ, and so he brought him in as one of his first few signings.

DP is a down-to-earth bloke, who has been given a good oppurtunity by us to move up a division, he's not gonna go out and get a random player from a list without thinking it through.

Keep The Faith!

Bristol Rovers fans suggested he was on a bit more than that. Like 3-4 times more :o

Fair enough. Shows we're not cutting back on what we're paying THAT much then. :)

He's a real fan. Plenty know him. Wilson, danoafc, myself amongst others.
It's very easy to give a bad impression on the internet when you're sound as a pound in real life. I reckon that's how tensions get raised on here, because we're all Latics fans after all, it's silly really, when you think about it. Edited by Simpo

Maheta Molongo is a panic signing, a left back with potential, filling a position we have needed filling for sometime surely isn't. I really don't understand where you're coming from on all these signings, it seems you just look at the team they come from and make a knee jerk reaction off that.