are you joking!

Yes usually negative although you going down the same road as me, l will praise if i see fit i.e. if we signed that furman, billy clarke, llera

Right, that is the best yet...

Please explain why you would be happy with signing someone from your accursed League 2 - when all you have is the word of some Bradfud fans, after playing all his time in the division below..... and then you are so unhappy with Purdie who gets exactly the same reviews. In turn you are unhappy with signing Worthington and Jacobsen who are both proven players in this division... the division above the level Furman has played in...

Billy Clarke - hasnt cut it in the chapionship and only score goals in League 2, Llera... another league 1 player... niether of which have any proven calibre... We know nothing about any of these players - for any of us to say anything else other than to just trust Penney is just wrong!

Its ridiculous Dean... we all know nothing about any of these players - for you to say the above, and than scathe the signings we have made so far is pure hypocrisy!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that is the best yet...

Please explain why you would be happy with signing someone from your accursed League 2 - when all you have is the word of some Bradfud fans, after playing all his time in the division below..... and then you are so unhappy with Purdie who gets exactly the same reviews. In turn you are unhappy with signing Worthington and Jacobsen who are both proven players in this division... the division above the level Furman has played in...

Billy Clarke - hasnt cut it in the chapionship and only score goals in League 2, Llera... another league 1 player... niether of which have any proven calibre... We know nothing about any of these players - for any of us to say anything else other than to just trust Penney is just wrong!

Its ridiculous Dean... we all know nothing about any of these players - for you to say the above, and than scathe the signings we have made so far is pure hypocrisy!

furman is a rangers player with rave reviews, i never said i wasnt content with pudie, its this jacobson that worries me, with his 6 games last season and his release by bristol rovers

i wouldnt say angry i would say frustrated because i know its another rubbish league 1 campaign and yet again we will be awaiting league 1 fixtures on 17th june 2010 then 2011.....2039

If you want success, why don't you go and support Rochdale :ranting: ( :grin: )

Edited by jimsleftfoot

if thats the budget id be worried i bet we have got rid of

hughes 3000

lids 2500

gregan 3000

maher 2000

kalala 1500

crossley 2000

allott 2000

stam 800

16,800 +

Get a grip dean lad.

SC has been on record as saying that the club have never paid anyone over £2.5K since tta took over in 2003. (well except for Dowie until he left and the other players under contract from the CM era)

Get some perspective and don't pluck figures out of thin air. It is also well documented that LH was on a 2 year contract of £80K p.a.

Oh by the way are you going to answer the original question?

Cheers,

Harry

I'm more worried that Jacobson was that incommunicado whilst on holiday, where was he in the middle of the Sahara. He's a footballer- so OK he might not fancy email (be it from an internet cafe or a blackberry or whatever) but I bet he's got a decent phone.

As someone has mentioned how many words do you think Ronaldo has spoken to the Real Madrid manager (do they have a manager?). Hughes admitted he didn't speak to Robinho before he signed him for the circus. Its modern football these days- players have agents from the time they are still in school, agents speak to any club who's interested (and some that aren't), the club (usually the bloke paying the fees- the CEO/owner) negotiates with the agent usually with the manager giving an imput, the agent tries to get as much money as possible for the player (so his 15% is bigger) but other factors will come into it (not wanting to move family etc.). The player and the manager might not speak more than a cursory how are you type of thing before a medical (and even then it might depend).

As to where we will finish at the moment it could be anywhere from 1st to 24th the season hasn't come close to starting and our squad (and everyone else's isn't complete). I think we will finish roughly about the same place as we did last year (but without the dreadful end). We might sign some big name players but I don't know. I couldn't care less who we sign provided DP thinks there good enough they will do for me. Being so overjoyed about signing someone from Rangers says how much you know about football- if he was that good he wouldn't be leaving- and after all Killen is a Celtic player (and we all know how good he was in league 1).

I'm more worried that Jacobson was that incommunicado whilst on holiday, where was he in the middle of the Sahara.

He went T'Egypt, so not a bad guess on the Sahara front.

Realistically though, if you were in negotiations to get a good deal with a club, the LAST thing that you would want would be for the player to start talking to the club in question. They are more emotionally involved than an agent who has the commercial aspects of the opportunity at the forefront of their minds.

I don't expect that it is particularly unusual for a player to be kept at arms length from a club by his agent.

if thats the budget id be worried i bet we have got rid of

hughes 3000

lids 2500

gregan 3000

maher 2000

kalala 1500

crossley 2000

allott 2000

stam 800

16,800 +

dunno where that comes from but have been told by a current player the maximum wage at the club is £1200 a week plus win ,goal, points bonuses etc

The figures are Dean1984's guess work - whilst it's started as a "I can't believe Penney's not spoken to Jacobson" thread I think we'll see what Dean can do with Penney's budget (just thought maybe by not calling him while he was abroad penney saved a small fortune!)

Still back to the original question: which nine player would you (Dean and Corporal - the two that still think we are a Prem club) sign with a budget of £10K per week (and by some of the comments on here I'm being generous).

Go on just give us a clue: I'll start you with you first three that you've already said you'd be happy with: Furman, Clarke and Llera - you've got £7K(ish) left....

dunno where that comes from but have been told by a current player the maximum wage at the club is £1200 a week plus win ,goal, points bonuses etc

Beyond the wildest dreams of most of us.

Edited by BP1960

I know nothing of footballer wages apart from what you read in the papers, apart from one player

As much as it is difficult to discuss, I happen to know that Ernie was on £35,000 or £650 per week. And that was his mates thought he had been paid well, a high wage for someone in his position.

I was told this by a former boss who knew Ernie, and was Asst Mgr at a Southern League club and now a Scout of a Blue Square Prem club, a day or two after he signed for us.

I only say this to give the perspective in the Chris Moore era.

Somebody did post with absolute confidence (no idea about knowledge) that Maher was a £3k a week man.

Fairly sure Hughes was £1,600 and that was disclosed by the club.

Beyond that, no idea.

I thought I'd seen £1800, but it's almost half of dean's footy manager guestimations.

if thats the case what are we doing!!!!

ATHLETIC have made former Bristol Rovers player Joe Jacobson their third summer signing.

hile I was away on holiday and he only had good things to say about the club.

“I think I have joined a bigger and better club than Bristol Rovers and I am delighted to have the opportunity to play here.

“I am looking for us to be up near the top challenging for promotion. I cannot wait to get started.”

Jacobson, who has appeared twice on the bench for the full Wales team, never held talks with the Athletic manager due to the player being on holiday.

He said: “I know my agent spoke to a number of clubs while I was away and this deal was finalised within the space of two days.”

To be fair mate, that's just modern football. We live in an age where deals can be done globally, with managers dealing with agents, who then can phone the player wherever he is.

Seeing as Allardyce never spoke to Okocha before he went to Bolton, and these days a lot of players don't, I don't think it's a big deal.

Div.

The figures are Dean1984's guess work - whilst it's started as a "I can't believe Penney's not spoken to Jacobson" thread I think we'll see what Dean can do with Penney's budget (just thought maybe by not calling him while he was abroad penney saved a small fortune!)

Still back to the original question: which nine player would you (Dean and Corporal the two that still think we are a Prem club) sign with a budget of £10K per week (and by some of the comments on here I'm being generous).

Go on just give us a clue: I'll start you with you first three that you've already said you'd be happy with: Furman, Clarke and Llera - you've got £7K(ish) left....

Now as most of you know, I'm not one to defend the Corporal. But as my lad is getting married later today and in the spirit of detente, I don't think that the Corp is stuck in the past thinking that we are still in the Prem. :wink:

HOWEVER

nah I've had 2 many bottles of red

Cheers,

Harry

dean is 1984 your date of birth?

The answer is yes, but you can be accused of cyber-bullying for asking it, as I found out when trying to explain to him that Mr Corney really can't stop paying players' wages because they are :censored: and that it isn't like that in the real world.

Completely lost my train of thought about Mr Penney thinking he will be OK with JJ due to their Yorkshire-Welsh sheep-loving, with appalling results when Mr DP invites him round for a hog roast and lamb buggering session on a Saturday night and him sitting there with his head in his hands thinking, "If only I had spoken to him before he signed."