James Vaughan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he MIGHT be a shock bargain. We could get a pretty good player or on the other hand we could get an absoultly :censored:e player from it. either way me as a latics fan is use to :censored:e signings *Cough Byfield, Ormerod, Dabo, Molano or whatever his name is Cough *

But what if Dean turns out to be right Ackey? It is simply his prediction for the forthcoming season and I think it will be more likely than us reaching the play offs

He's entitled to his opinion. Me mine. You Yours.

If he's right I'll be devastated, as will you and he I assume.

My frustration is because a positive mental attitude can make all the difference in a sporting arena and Dean and others like him who have written this season off long before we even have a team provide enough negativity to drown out even the most positive people around Latics.

But what if Dean turns out to be right Ackey? It is simply his prediction for the forthcoming season and I think it will be more likely than us reaching the play offs

The fact is, Dean is only making a guess based on his own irrational fear and lack of patience. Thankfully he is not the one in charge of the team.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Chester are my second team, mark my words this guy is awful. I honestly dont think we will be signing him.

That's fair enough. But Penney will still be making the decision based on his opinion and not that of you or the Chester City fan. Which is the point I was trying to make.

The fact is, Dean is only making a guess based on his own irrational fear and lack of patience. Thankfully he is not the one in charge of the team.

Knowing Dean well I know as much as anyone that he can be very negative, however he still goes to more games than anyone else I know. He is basing his opinion on the players we have already signed. What else can we base our predictions on at this stage? Others seem to be basing opinions on the hope we make 4 or 5 good signings before the start of the season. That seems a little dafter to me.

Knowing Dean well I know as much as anyone that he can be very negative, however he still goes to more games than anyone else I know. He is basing his opinion on the players we have already signed. What else can we base our predictions on at this stage? Others seem to be basing opinions on the hope we make 4 or 5 good signings before the start of the season. That seems a little dafter to me.

But he's making those predictions as if there is no comeback, as if we're nailed on for going down.

Fact is we don't even have enough players to start a game yet, and whilst caution is required to stick to this opinion that we will be relegated is just depressingly tiresome.

I don't care if he is fan of the year...his negativity is annoying. not to mention some of his assumptions.

its early days yet...lets just see who else we bring in.

He's by no means the worst player we've had at Chester - but that's not saying much. I've always thought he was about Conference standards and would be at the right level with our relegation. I honestly didn't expect him to be coming back from Aus and to hear he's signed for a L1 team is, frankly, unbelieveable. If it is true and he establishes himself at Oldham as a first-team regular, or even a regular substitute, I'll be amazed. I think he'll be back on-loan with us in the transfer window.

But I'll follow his progress at Oldham with interest. Let's see if it's confirmed first.

Edited by suec

But he's making those predictions as if there is no comeback, as if we're nailed on for going down.

Fact is we don't even have enough players to start a game yet, and whilst caution is required to stick to this opinion that we will be relegated is just depressingly tiresome.

im not saying we will neccesarily go down ill change my view to i think we will struggle, only based on who we have got, who we have signed so far and media speculation as to the calibre of player were looking at! So far we have no one with any real quality bar taylor, but we will see wont we ill still always support latics wherever

im not saying we will neccesarily go down ill change my view to i think we will struggle, only based on who we have got, who we have signed so far and media speculation as to the calibre of player were looking at! So far we have no one with any real quality bar taylor, but we will see wont we ill still always support latics wherever

That's fair enough mate, you're entitled to change your opinion.

Thing is, we've done what people demanded in the tail end of last season. We've signed a couple of battling players with a good work ethic (demanded after we captiulated under Shez) and (potentially) a youngster from the lower leagues.

How many were demanding we sign the "next big thing" from the conference/blue square on a free? We've (potentially, again) done that and yet people still moan.

It's lose lose for Latics and frustrating that we can't get some positivity about the club.

That's fair enough mate, you're entitled to change your opinion.

Thing is, we've done what people demanded in the tail end of last season. We've signed a couple of battling players with a good work ethic (demanded after we captiulated under Shez) and (potentially) a youngster from the lower leagues.

How many were demanding we sign the "next big thing" from the conference/blue square on a free? We've (potentially, again) done that and yet people still moan.

It's lose lose for Latics and frustrating that we can't get some positivity about the club.

Are they the same people? I want commited players but if you sign non-league players you will end up in one place, and that opinion hasn't changed on my behalf. Anyone who thinks that cheap lower league players can move us upwards, is frankly, an idiot.

its obvious we will struggle based on who we have got now, as for who we have signed have you seen these 3 signings play on a regular basis? (probably not with you apparently being at latics every week) as for the players the media link us with have you seen these play on a regular basis? again probably not.

with 5/6 more signings to come im struggling see your point?

until you judge or try and predict if we are going to struggle - wait until we have played 15 games or so of the upcoming season, with the new squad in place

p.s just drove past BP with absolutely no activity going on - panic on the streets of oldham :tumbleweed:

Are they the same people? I want commited players but if you sign non-league players you will end up in one place, and that opinion hasn't changed on my behalf. Anyone who thinks that cheap lower league players can move us upwards, is frankly, an idiot.

Fitz Hall, cheap lower league players can be found - if you look in the right places