James Vaughan

seem to remeber reading in beyond the boundary (pre interweb days )exactly the same complaints as to " why are we signing all these midfielders /defenders ?"in 1990 and we all know what happend after that if DP is boosting the squad to make competition for places all well and good better players having to battle for there place rather than just walk in to the team and go through the motions .players looking over there shoulder at there replacment should be alot sharper and play better !

Or they could be looking over their shoulders at guys who are pissed off at being at the club but not playing, who aren't 100% up to speed because we haven't got space for them in the reserves and they could be looking over their shoulders at guys who are taking up a wage better spent on strikers and centre-halves.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or they could be looking over their shoulders at guys who are pissed off at being at the club but not playing, who aren't 100% up to speed because we haven't got space for them in the reserves and they could be looking over their shoulders at guys who are taking up a wage better spent on strikers and centre-halves.

If he was a centre half or central midfielder, could half understand it as depending on formation you can have up to three on the pitch at once

however, you only ever have one right back on the field, hence having two natural rightbacks, and another three who could play there if needed.....unless someone on their way out it doesnt make sense.

If he was a centre half or central midfielder, could half understand it as depending on formation you can have up to three on the pitch at once

however, you only ever have one right back on the field, hence having two natural rightbacks, and another three who could play there if needed.....unless someone on their way out it doesnt make sense.

My sentiments exactly. To be a top team you need to be strong at full-back, but we're some way off it yet and need to focus our energies elsewhere. Hence taking a punt on JJ at left-back isn't a bad option in my eyes.

The fact is that in Eardley we are strong at right-back, so we should than our lucky stars and invest money elsewhere to bring the rest of the team up to speed. We have some options to replace him, while if he gets injured there is always the loan system should our current crop prove to be completely inadequate.

i think we need to sign a striker soon its al well and good get all these defenders to keep the ball out of the onion bag but whose goin to put the ball in at the other end?

O'grady and Alessandra are hardly goin to scare the vast majority of the defences in this league, neither could finish their tea last year.

no ones offered Hughes a contract yet :)

i think we need to sign a striker soon its al well and good get all these defenders to keep the ball out of the onion bag but whose goin to put the ball in at the other end?

O'grady and Alessandra are hardly goin to scare the vast majority of the defences in this league, neither could finish their tea last year.

somehow dont think he will be getting one from us

Tevez is available..he wants to play for a grass roots club....thats us innit?

I don't like to knock the club or the manager, but surely this is a bad signing. From his record he doesn't seem good enough even as cover. Lomax must be in front of him, and if Eardly left, I would expect a far better replacement than this lad, with cash available.

This is a joke signing of course. Its got to be a wnd up of some proportion or else Vaughns dads got something on Penney.

Worse still perhaps Vaughn is going to buy into Oldham now that Chester are out of the league.

Oldham in bad signing shocker. Not like we have a history of them is it?

Obviously I have not seen him play, but this signing a Moussa Dabo-esque quality about it.

We'll sign your son if you give us the money to build the Broadway Stand.....!

Let's hope he is Ernie Cooksey-esque in his desire to prove himself.

Edited by singe

Hi I'm a Chester fan, James Vaughan is shockingly bad, he only got into our team because his dad owns the club!

Thank you all so much for taking him.

However I like every other Chester fan knows he'll be back to us in the January transfer window.

Stand aside Terrible Forbes , Welcome James Vaughan

Hi I'm a Chester fan, James Vaughan is shockingly bad, he only got into our team because his dad owns the club!

Thank you all so much for taking him.

However I like every other Chester fan knows he'll be back to us in the January transfer window.

says it all doesnt it anyone positive now?

says it all doesnt it anyone positive now?

It says something about one player, who we may not have even signed. Personally I have no problem with your cynicism towards one signing. It's your determination that we will be in the bottom 4 when we've only signed three players is what frustrates and dumbfounds me.