James Vaughan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well come on then whos well impressed.... come on tell me im interested you all slate me but id like to ask people if they think these two latest career men are great signings that will take us places

Jacobson - looks like a good 'un to me. Vaughan - probably one for the backup squad so no great worries there.

The glass is half full :grin:

bet im more passionate about latics than you, go most home and away have you got the clubs name tattooed on your arm?

Paddy, he's not questioning your passion - he's making the point that we should maybe install some faith in those that are paid to worry about it. I said it before - there comes a point where other priorities take precedent.

Jacobson - looks like a good 'un to me. Vaughan - probably one for the backup squad so no great worries there.

The glass is half full :grin:

ok so i get slated for saying i think hes a crap signing and you can say you think hes a good un but dont get slated whats the difference its just opinion isnt it? bunch of jokers

great work dave carry on with your top signings!!

another lad with a great career loaned from chester to droylsden and at some random club now bodes well as does jacobson you are impressing me a lot i must credit you

If only I had mod powers ...........................

well come on then whos well impressed.... come on tell me im interested you all slate me but id like to ask people if they think these two latest career men are great signings that will take us places

who knows,we'd all like well known players to play for us but in all honesty we all know that aint going to happen,can you tell me that any of the scunthorpe players where well known,i'd take a guess at no but when their manager assembled the squad and got em playing as a team and for each other the results were there for all to see.we have to cut our cloth accordingly.ktf.

maybe but im harder that you so it makes no difference

Dean,

Presumably you want other people to:

1. Know your views

2. Have respect for you so that your views on other subjects are read and taken note of

You have achieved the first but you might consider whether your posts are going to deliver the second.

P.s. Am now going to watch the Lions on tv

Edited by LaticsPete

Dean,

Presumably you want other people to:

1. Know your views

2. Have respect for you so that your views on other subjects are read and taken note of

You have achieved the first but you might consider whether your posts are going to deliver the second.

P.s. Am now going to watch the Lions on tv

i dont see how i could possiby be criticised its an opinions game latics peter mine count so do other peoples

Well this is all getting a bit personal... So I'll try and get back on topic.

I'm not convinced by the signing and in fact am a little bit worried. We already have Eardley and Jacobsen, with Lomax, Black, Purdie and Lee all mentioned as players who are very capable of filling in at full-back. Add to that Hazell and Taylor who could both cover there and to my mind you have a pretty comprehensive suite of options for either left or right back - which makes me wonder about this move.

The only way I can make sense of our bringing in another right back is if Eardley is going to be sold, and while I can accept that may be a requirement in order to build a squad I would be aggrieved if it happens this summer. He didn't play to his potential last year, regardless of the team of the year placing, and the biggest hints seem to be coming from Huddersfield - if we sell him now to them I cannot see that we'll get either the most we could for him, or that we'll be serving our best interests for next year.

If this is true then it is a strange signing, regardless of the guy's quality which I grant that I know nothing about. Our priorities have to be a star centre-half and a striker - any further signings on top of that should be versatile players who have at least a hand in either of these areas.

Strange that we seem to be continually linked with players outside of our real weak areas. Can we not just go and sign the other James Vaughan from the Toffees - thought he looked quality when we played them in the FA Cup, far better than Johnson. Although that said he got scant change out of the mighty Staminator.

Well this is all getting a bit personal... So I'll try and get back on topic.

I'm not convinced by the signing and in fact am a little bit worried. We already have Eardley and Jacobsen, with Lomax, Black, Purdie and Lee all mentioned as players who are very capable of filling in at full-back. Add to that Hazell and Taylor who could both cover there and to my mind you have a pretty comprehensive suite of options for either left or right back - which makes me wonder about this move.

The only way I can make sense of our bringing in another right back is if Eardley is going to be sold, and while I can accept that may be a requirement in order to build a squad I would be aggrieved if it happens this summer. He didn't play to his potential last year, regardless of the team of the year placing, and the biggest hints seem to be coming from Huddersfield - if we sell him now to them I cannot see that we'll get either the most we could for him, or that we'll be serving our best interests for next year.

If this is true then it is a strange signing, regardless of the guy's quality which I grant that I know nothing about. Our priorities have to be a star centre-half and a striker - any further signings on top of that should be versatile players who have at least a hand in either of these areas.

Strange that we seem to be continually linked with players outside of our real weak areas. Can we not just go and sign the other James Vaughan from the Toffees - thought he looked quality when we played them in the FA Cup, far better than Johnson. Although that said he got scant change out of the mighty Staminator.

I'm not even convinced he has signed yet. Will believe it once its on official site. However if/when it is announced agree with you. Dont think we need another right back, even if eardley i sold, as we would still have Lee, Lomax and Purdie who could play in this position

I'm not even convinced he has signed yet. Will believe it once its on official site. However if/when it is announced agree with you. Dont think we need another right back, even if eardley i sold, as we would still have Lee, Lomax and Purdie who could play in this position

seem to remeber reading in beyond the boundary (pre interweb days )exactly the same complaints as to " why are we signing all these midfielders /defenders ?"in 1990 and we all know what happend after that if DP is boosting the squad to make competition for places all well and good better players having to battle for there place rather than just walk in to the team and go through the motions .players looking over there shoulder at there replacment should be alot sharper and play better !