Lee hughes

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just heard that lee hughes was at boundary park today , maybe he was re-signing for us?

Well, considering he was at BP a couple of days ago too, he's either been back in to finalise a new contract or say one last goodbye to the norks at the ticket office!

whats the point in releasing players then re -signing them in just over a month later ?

I think the question is:

What is the point in loaning out your top goal scorer when you are pushing for a play off place....only to release them at the end of the season and then resign them again.....???

I have no problem as such with resigning Hughes........ as long as we see the player from the first half of last season not the half interested trouble maker from the 2nd. My guess is it might be a bit of a Gregan, if no-one is showing any real interest in him as we get towards pre-season, he may opt to resign for the terms (which are less than he would like) that we can offer.

I think the question is:

What is the point in loaning out your top goal scorer when you are pushing for a play off place....only to release them at the end of the season and then resign them again.....???

Saving about 2k a week on his next contract? Same with Gregan I think.

I think the question is:

Probably something to do with the fact Hughes said back in Jan that he wasn't signing a new deal, we loaned him out to save money, he runs his contract down, gets no offers from elsewhere then if rumoured comes back to see if he can get a deal which we offer on our terms rather than his.

** I must say though i'd be extremely surprised if we signed him again. I suspect he's more than likely pickin up the rest of his stuff and sayin his goodbyes.

Having thought about it, I think this hints that the baggage and stigma attached to Hughes is possibly making other clubs wary in offering him a contract. Someone with his goal ratio in this division on a free transfer shouldn't really be short of offers from other club in normal circumstances.

Nice. So that means Hughes should be paying us to play. Great little revenue stream that.

Hows that? Its fair to say he would have been on a fair few thousand a week if he'd signed the mega contract he was offered at Christmas. We'll still be paying him more than his last/current contract should we sign him.

Hows that? Its fair to say he would have been on a fair few thousand a week if he'd signed the mega contract he was offered at Christmas. We'll still be paying him more than his last/current contract should we sign him.
In the context of the quotes above relating to a £2k wage reduction, that would take him from earning £1,600 a week to paying Latics £400 a week.

According to some that would give him the right to tell us fans exactly what he thinks of us.

Would actually be quite amusing that.

whats the game being played on that video m8?! its abit before my time so i woudnt know, js curious as 2 why the fans burst on the pitch!

whats the game being played on that video m8?! its abit before my time so i woudnt know, js curious as 2 why the fans burst on the pitch!

that is THE GAME!!! latics 3 sheff wed 2. redferns penalty to win us the league in the 93rd min.

that is THE GAME!!! latics 3 sheff wed 2. redferns penalty to win us the league in the 93rd min.

wish i could of been there! i bet the feeling was immence! js had shivers up my spine thinkin wot it would of been like! obviously being a latics supporter... that kind of glory doesnt come round often!