i would have

Fleming

Eardley Gregan Hazel Jacobsen

Purdie Worthington

Smalley Lee Taylor

Abbott

subs : ollrenshaw, brooke,lewi,o'grady,stephens,black,lomax

reserves: wolfy whittaker (maybe swap him and stephens about)

Edited by RobOAFC

Pretty sure that Purdie is a winger by trade, even though he can play anywhere. Get Lee in the middle - playing with a bruiser should allow him to get on the ball and use his short passing game to good effect.

With purdie and worthington in front of back four, we have two energetic players who are not afraid to get stuck in, which gives our defence more protection while giving our attacking players to chance to roam, formation is a bit like the one city use

With purdie and worthington in front of back four, we have two energetic players who are not afraid to get stuck in, which gives our defence more protection while giving our attacking players to chance to roam, formation is a bit like the one city use

I hope this isn't the basis of success then :grin:

I'd Go For ...

Fleming

Jacobson Gregan Hazell Eardley

Purdie Worthington Whitaker Taylor

Abbott Lewi

Bench :- Ollerenshaw, Lomax, Black, Lee, Smalley, O'Grady, Brooke.

Reserves :- Stephens, Wolfy

This would be much better:-

Fleming

Eardley Gregan Trotman Jacobson

Purdie Worthington Furman Taylor

Abbott Hughes

Bench :- Ollerenshaw, Lomax, Hazell, Lee, Smalley, Lewi, O'Grady. :grin:

I know, I know - it said 'current team' but ya never know... edited to bring back Mr Hughes (a chastened and wiser player as he now knows we are the only club for him....)

Edited by TheBigDog

just to bring this thread back upto the top of the pile, considering the recent signings, now who's in the starting line up;

Fleming

Eardley, Hazel, Gregan, Jacobson

Lee, Furmanm Worthington, Taylor

Abbott, Lewi

For me, although Brill comes with good credentials, I'm quite a fan of Fleming. Lee adds a bit of creativity and keeps hold of the ball well, whic h would come in useful, especially away from home and for me (in the absence of another top drawer striker), Lewis could well be the perfect foil for Abbott...the classic little and large strike force.

I change my mind like the British weather but for now: -

Brill

Eardley Hazell Gregan Jacobson

Abbott Smalley (Hughes?)

Bench :- Fleming, Lomax (Haining?), Lee, Allesandra, O'Grady (Smalley?), Whittaker, Brooke

Above all else, I'm really excited about the midfield 2 of Furman and Worthington and Mr Abbott up front.

Brill

Abbott Smalley (Hughes?)

Bench :- Fleming, Lomax (Haining?), Lee, Allesandra, O'Grady (Smalley?), Whittaker, Brooke

Above all else, I'm really excited about the midfield 2 of Furman and Worthington and Mr Abbott up front.

As much as I like Ruby I would have Haining in front of him.

Brill

Abbott Smalley (Hughes?)

2 things make me optimistic.

Good blend of youth and experience, even youn experienced, and captains all over the park

A really decent Striker is the key. Whether it is Hughes remians to be seen, and ifg he does join what his attitude is like.