Where does Penney.....

Just a little point i've noticed on DP's OS article on signing Furman....he says we're looking healthy in central midfield now with:

Whitts, Worthington, Purdie, Furman & Stephens…..no mention of Kieron Lee in that list.

So; am I reading too much into it or:

a.) DP doesn’t see KL as a central midfielder at all

b.) KL will be off somewhere either on loan or perm deal

If it’s a.) then I wonder if KL will get a game this season again; as wide midfield has Taylor on the Left & Smalley on the right………wonder if it’s a slip up or if there’s something in it??

Edited by slystallone

Just a little point i've noticed on DP's OS article on signing Furman....he says we're looking healthy in central midfield now with:

Whitts, Worthington, Purdie, Furman & Stephens…..no mention of Kieron Lee in that list.

If it’s a.) then I wonder if KL will get a game this season again; as wide midfield has Taylor on the Left & Smalley on the right………wonder if it’s a slip up or if there’s something in it??

I noticed that in the interview as well Also I'm a one for conspiracy theories so I reckon Kieron is on his way out!

oh we are not starting this are we? Im sure he thinks he's more of a winger.

pre season boredom is really kicking in

Not started this as a "KL is the greatest latics player ever" thread fella..........noticed DP's words on the OS & he wasn't mntioned in the list of CM's. Seemed strange as when we signed him we were told that CM was his prefered position as well as being his best too.

Just wanting to start a debate off on peoples thoughts on the players best suited playing positions / whether DP rates Lee etc..... this is not intended as another KL love-in thread

Not started this as a "KL is the greatest latics player ever" thread fella..........noticed DP's words on the OS & he wasn't mntioned in the list of CM's. Seemed strange as when we signed him we were told that CM was his prefered position as well as being his best too.

Just wanting to start a debate off on peoples thoughts on the players best suited playing positions / whether DP rates Lee etc..... this is not intended as another KL love-in thread

No, all im saying is I wouldnt read too much into it. I think it would be a lot more likely that he either considers him a wide player or he just forgot to mention him in that list.

Lee - wide midfield - defo

CM in a strong reserve/youth team is a bit different to CM in League One.

However, I think far too much has been made of this. Nothing more than a minor verbal slip IMO... just because he didn't mention him by name doesn't mean he never intends to play him at CM.

United reserves/youth would beat our first team.

Possibly. But my point is, if you've ever seen Man Utd reserves play you'll understand the game is somewhat different to your typical League One physical whirlwind. Time to get the ball down and knock it about a bit without being hospitalised by Guy Branston...

Edited by garcon

Maybe Lee will be given a chance as a winger, if DP sees Chris Taylor as a striker. Whatever happens we need Stephens and Lee to be fit and match ready this year. For me last season our midfield was overun far too often exposing the defence. This usually happened once teams had worked out or nulified Chris Taylor.

The recent midfield additions though already make the midfield look stronger with what appears to be plenty of variation. My only concern is that none of the players are that big we were outmuscled too many times last year,but maybe the likes of Schofield,Purdie,and Furman will not surrender as easily and be more committed lets hope so. Allowing potential flair/speed players (Smalley,Taylor,Lee) to do some damage.

Edited by penrhyn

just throwing this out there, but my brother in law works for MUTV (i know, i know), so he's seen plenty of Lee over the years. Recks his best position was as an attacking centre midfielder. off the little i've seen of him, I wouldn't have thought attacking would be the strong point of his game. Seeing as though he's decent on the ball, would have thought it'd be in the centre of the park, pulling the strings, a la the Shezs.