10 Kids ST tickets donated

A US-based Latics fan has stepped in to help local youngsters watch his favourite team this season.

Steve Standring has purchased ten junior season tickets and donated them to the club's Community Trust for distribution to local kids.

:sign0173:

full story

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1709630,00.html

A US-based Latics fan has stepped in to help local youngsters watch his favourite team this season.

Steve Standring has purchased ten junior season tickets and donated them to the club's Community Trust for distribution to local kids.

:sign0173:

full story

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsU...1709630,00.html

Top fella - that's a great thing to do.

I think Steve posts on here - hopefully everyone will be gracious and not turn this into a slanging match last time we publicly thanked someone..,..

Top fella - that's a great thing to do.

I think Steve posts on here - hopefully everyone will be gracious and not turn this into a slanging match last time we publicly thanked someone..,..

It is indeed a great gesture and let's hope that some of the recipients become as committed to the club as he is.

Great gesture.

I was thinking is this something that could be built on.

Something for OWTB to get involved in?

Or the Trust? (Please don;t use the word as an excuse to start a slanging match on the Trust debate)

MAybe a targetted fundraising cmpaign ont his, we have all talked aobut getting the fans in at a young age

Maybe rising money so an offer such as a free child season ticket when a parent buys a new season ticket to get new money and fans in, and it taken away if they do not attend a certain number of matches.

Or an offer after if you produce say 10 match tickets by November so it could be an Xmas present etc

It's jsut raising the money, I know.

Food for thought, and to have a brainstorming session

The bloke's a hero.

I agree with Singe - this is the sort of thing I think the '92 in Blue' money should be aimed at as opposed to more traditional charitable organisations.

Just my opinion like, I'm sure the charity to benefit is more than worthwhile.