ifooty

Not sure if this is the right section or not but...

for those of you with the ifooty app on your iphone, well there's a new update out today with new feature -

chatrooms for every single club, which could be interesting over the course of the season :naughty:

(No logging in, open to all)

Also, blue square leage added. Decent app, and free too!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those of you with the ifooty app on your iphone, well there's a new update out today with new feature -

chatrooms for every single club, which could be interesting over the course of the season :naughty:

I've never downloaded this - what's it actually do?

Yeah, it's OK but could be improved by showing scorers in the latest scores section. It just goes into the BBC rolling text reports whenever you click on a latest score.

But aye, I used it last season. Decent enough app.

I've never downloaded this - what's it actually do?

It's essentially a scores and tables app for British footy*. Like I say it's not bad, but could do with some improvements.

* EDIT: taking all its information straight from the BBC Football website.

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

It's essentially a scores and tables app for British footy*. Like I say it's not bad, but could do with some improvements.

* EDIT: taking all its information straight from the BBC Football website.

Cool. I'll give it a go.

It frustrates me that the BBC and especially the Guardian don't do iPhone apps. The Guardian has a phenominal online presence. It's website was almost half a decade ahead of all its competitors, it's Pod's are still unrivaled by the BBC or anyother newspaper.

If they invested in Apps as well they'd be kick ass!

Whilst we're here - who's got other App recomendations? I know we had a thread on it but I'm not going to trawl for it when this one is perfectly suited.

Mobile Allowance - tells you how much you've spent over your monthly O2 allowance.

Skype - er, it's Skype.

WiFi Trak - scans for wireless networks; I find it more sensitive than the built-in wireless scanner.

FStream - free online radio streaming (there are quite a few apps that do this, this is just one decent free example).

Shazam - recognises tunes (if you're in a pub, club, watching TV, etc).

Tube Deluxe - very necessary down here.

Tioti TV+ - UK TV guide.

FlightTrack - tracks flight times, departure gates, etc.

iStat - memory manager.

Real Racing - excellent racing game.

BeejiveIM - multi-IM client (doesn't support Twitter, unlike IM+, but a much classier interface).

Thomson Reuters NewsPro - offline news reader for Reuters news.

Groups - email group manager.

Photogene - basic photo manipulation.

Skype - er, it's Skype.

Shazam - recognises tunes (if you're in a pub, club, watching TV, etc).

Got these two, both vital Apps for anyone.

All these are free:

Darkslide - Photo management/Upload App that's compatible with Flickr

Facebook - Facebook :)

Twitterific - Twitter application, free, excellent.

TweetDeck - Second Twitter application, free, excellent. Better reader, but not as good for quick usage like Twitterific.

AudioBoo - Voice recorder which uploads and links into your Twitter stream.

9-Toolbox - 9 tools, some very valuable such as a converter, a level tool and tip calculator.

Flixster - Cinema listing app. Fantastic.

Urbanspoon - Restaurant listing. Excellent (works better in the USA than here though).

Epicurious - Recipe listing.

Mover - Lets you drag and drop from iPhone to iPhone via a wireless network.

TVU Player - TV on your iPhone. Not the best, but it could get good, so I've got it now incase they start charging for it :)

Linkedin - iPhone version of the website

xe Currency - currency converter based on live valuations.

TVGuide - TV guide

Sky News - decent news application, with built in news uploader if you happen to see something happening live.

Google - advance google searching and Laps applications

pic2shop - barcode reader (can't get this to be useful yet, but only had it a couple of days. There may be better ones?)

I've got 64 apps in total, although I could do with offing quite a few of them now as hardly use them. Here's the pick..

Free

ECB Cricket - Essential for a cricket fan. All the lastest scores; County and International, fed to you in scoreboard fashion.

Flashlight - A light. For your Phone. Useful.

London Tube Status - The Free London Underground guide to what's running and what's not. No map though, that's on the paid version.

Drum Kit Lite - A full drumkit. On your phone. Not so useful.

Currency - About the best currency converter out there. ead easy to use.

iDaft - A Daft Punk emulator. Make up your own Harder, Faster, Stronger... song.

Chords - Great for the amateur strummer. Just lets you know which chord is which for those when you come across those funny ones on tabs.

Dictionary.com - It's own app. Great reference tool, and free.

Wikipanion - The Wikipedia app. Again, essential for reference. Vital for winning pub quizzes.

Free Translator - Brilliant for finding out the odd foreign phrase or word when abroad.

Hangman - What it says on the tin. Good for killing about a minute or two.

Four In A Row Free - A free version of Connect 4. Again, great for killing a couple of minutes.

iChess - Great free Chess app.

Conquest Lite - This is basically the old board game; Risk but for the phone. The Lite version ensures you start with the same countries every time. The paid version (£4.99 I think) gives more options and lets you pick your starting countries.

Remote - Essential. Control your iTunes on your main anywhere in the house, or basically anywhere under your homes wifi network.

Facebook - Your standard Facebook application.

Twitterfon - One of tons of Twitter and social networking apps. I like the layout of this and the adverts aren't as irritating as on others I've tried.

iHandy Level Free - A spirit level and other tools application. Useful for checking things out but not sure how deadly accurate it is.

ITN News - One of the better news apps. Interface is nice and loads up quickly.

ScreenClean - Cleans your screen from the inside! Really.

iFindWordz - Scrabble, or if you like; Countdown letters round app.

LottoUK - All the latest National Lotto numbers including Thunderball etc. gets updated very shortly after the draw.

Movies - Takes all its data from Flixter. Good for movie reviews, what's on at the cinema etc.

Scoot - A "What's Around Me" app. About the best one there as has much more detail than the simple aroundme app.

Touch Hockey - A mildly adictive air hockey game. Don't play with sweaty or sticky hands though.

TuneinFM Radio - Really good radio app which keeps its signal very well indeed. Has all the BBC radio channels on.

TVGuide UK - The best TV guide by far. Really nice interface, showing the next three shows on as many channels as you need.

MultiConvert - Lovely app for converting measurements. (kms into miles, kg into pounds for example)

Trapster - A free speed camera detector. It's OK, but think this will get upsurped by the upcoming TomTom application out any day now. It's free though, and very accurate.

Weathermaps - A more detailed weather app than the standard iPhone one.

Traffic Info - I use this loads. Just tells you where the holdups are on the roads.

Paid

Gig Radar - Gives you a rundown of local gigs. All the info is taken from Lastfm. Not dear, about £1.99 I think.

Simplify Music 2 - Super, super app. Download the software onto your computer, and access yours, and also anyone else who you 'share' with's, iTunes from anywhere you want in the world. Costs about £2.99 but well worth it. Let me know if anyone gets this as I'll give them access to my iTunes and nearly 8,000 songs.

Dont want to urinate on this bonfire.... but its awful, the only app I have ever taken off my iphone in disgust. Poor interface and lack of information. Got annoyed with it, especially when you have, like, the whole internet, like... and BBC sport is much less frustrating.

Agree with most of the apps on here... I have a shed load of paid ones that I never use... fun for 5 mins, then get bored... better off staying with all the functional free ones on here.

:)

Currency - About the best currency converter out there. ead easy to use.

Free Translator - Brilliant for finding out the odd foreign phrase or word when abroad.

Remote - Essential. Control your iTunes on your main anywhere in the house, or basically anywhere under your homes wifi network.

iHandy Level Free - A spirit level and other tools application. Useful for checking things out but not sure how deadly accurate it is.

TVGuide UK - The best TV guide by far. Really nice interface, showing the next three shows on as many channels as you need.

I have these and all are excellent. I stopped using iHandy level and went for 9-toolbox as it has other things included, such as a converter.

Remote with DJ mode at a party with a few iPhones/iTouch's is fantastic. You can all just sit about the room/garden/wherever and make your requests without anyone having to play DJ. Awesome.

Dictionary.com - It's own app. Great reference tool, and free.

Wikipanion - The Wikipedia app. Again, essential for reference. Vital for winning pub quizzes.

Just got these two, thanks for the heads up.

I've not paid for a single App on the iPhone yet. I would buy the Tube one if I was in London, that's for sure. But there are so many useful and fantastic apps out there for free that unless someone shows me one which is fantastically useful for me I'll not pay for it.

Couple of Games I have are Toobz, Sol Free and Unblocker which are all fun for 5mins sat on the lav or on a bus.

Dont want to urinate on this bonfire.... but its awful, the only app I have ever taken off my iphone in disgust. Poor interface and lack of information. Got annoyed with it, especially when you have, like, the whole internet, like... and BBC sport is much less frustrating.

Agree with most of the apps on here... I have a shed load of paid ones that I never use... fun for 5 mins, then get bored... better off staying with all the functional free ones on here.

Speaking of iPhones, do you all recommend them? My upgrade is due (has been for months) but undecided what phone to get.

Speaking of iPhones, do you all recommend them? My upgrade is due (has been for months) but undecided what phone to get.

There are arguments for and against, as with any phone or gadget or anything in life really.

But as this thread shows you can download upwards of 100 Apps for free which all do useful things. And this is just a tiny selection, there are thousands upon thousands of them and thousands more which you have to pay a couple of quid for.

I don't know how I lived without mine, I have to be honest. But then I'm a child of the computer age and so if I can't tell people who don't care things about me every 10 minutes I go weak at the knees! :lol:

The new, iPhone 3GS looks outstanding, with several cool upgrades.

I'd certainly recommend one.

Each to their own mate but in it's defence, I'd say it's the first place to go for live match summary/half time results.

When you're not in 3g area, because it's text only it's a lot quicker loading.

a couple of other apps i like are -

NetNewsWire - RSS feeds (free)

Sky News - Video news (free)

Truphone - For cheap calls from abroad over wifi (free)

& Monopoly!! - Classic (£2.99 IIRC)

Add a button on your homepage also for bbc iplayer which is awesome over a wifi connection

As of this morning, Tioti TV does push notifications when your favourite shows are about to start. Which is nice.

PS thanks for the tip on Remote. Now all I need are some decent laptop speakers.

If you have the funding get wireless ones, then you can stick your laptop behind the couch or wherever it'll be safe and then the speakers where needed. Job's a good un!

I honestly think that, all in all, anyone who walks into a mobile phone shop and gets any other mobile phone other than an Iphone needs thier head testing.

Anyone who thinks differently is just bitter that they dont have an Iphone, and probably own a phone that is desperately trying to be an iphone, without being as good.

The only possible excuse for not getting an iphone in my book is not wanting to be on 02. That is the only one I can think of - especially now the 3Gs is released.

The only possible excuse for not getting an iphone in my book is not wanting to be on 02. That is the only one I can think of - especially now the 3Gs is released.

That and being absolutely useless when it comes down to operating a touchscreen phone. My other half gets well frastrated when using mine when she scrolls too far on web pages, leading to me trying to stop her throwing it at the wall with 2 mins.

I'd rather not be a fanboy about the iPhone though, but I do like Apple's products if only for their simple and easy-on-the-eye interface and general nice look about all their products.

Also, I'd not get one if you frequently drop your phone either. iPhone's don't respond well with shocks and heavy contact with pavements. If you do I'd certainly make sure you take out accidental damage cover. The Apple shop in Manchester will replace a cracked broken screen for nowt though.

I honestly think that, all in all, anyone who walks into a mobile phone shop and gets any other mobile phone other than an Iphone needs thier head testing.

Anyone who thinks differently is just bitter that they dont have an Iphone, and probably own a phone that is desperately trying to be an iphone, without being as good.

Does that include those who do not want to be with O2?

Edited by footy68

If anyone's into their games, and specifically used to enjoy Lemmings or puzzle/platform type games then I most definitely recommend the Toki Tori which is in the iTunes sale at 59p. Bloody brilliant, 80 levels, great graphics and gets fiendishly difficult.

And if anyone gets past the first level of stage 3 then let me know because I'm bloody stuck.

Or not wanting an expensive contract.

Ahhhh, I'm debating whether to get an iPhone or not, I have a very cheap phone on a cheap contract though. I absolutely love my iPod Touch and this thread is killing me. Now this may be a stupid question but if I walk down the street with a radio app on streaming via the 3G network will it cost me a fortune or is this covered in the contract. That is the only bit I can't work out. At what point do you start paying for extras on top of the (not so cheap) contract?

I downloaded the free app 'Paper Toss'. A very addictive game, see if you can beat 124 in the easy mode, it needs patience and a steady hand.

Ahhhh, I'm debating whether to get an iPhone or not, I have a very cheap phone on a cheap contract though. I absolutely love my iPod Touch and this thread is killing me. Now this may be a stupid question but if I walk down the street with a radio app on streaming via the 3G network will it cost me a fortune or is this covered in the contract. That is the only bit I can't work out. At what point do you start paying for extras on top of the (not so cheap) contract?

I downloaded the free app 'Paper Toss'. A very addictive game, see if you can beat 124 in the easy mode, it needs patience and a steady hand.

I got bored of Paper Toss.

You have unlimited 3G access, so if you use the radio app you will not be charged. However I've not tried that and if you dropped out of a 3G networked area then I'd guess you'd lose signal...