Out of contract at Hull and turned a contract offer down from Carlisle. At 30 years old he'd fit the bill here as a potential fox in the box and a good partner for the more physical Abbott.

Pure speculatiuon this one, no foundation for it other than being available.

What we need is a smaller, powerful, more natural in the box striker... someone who is guranteed to get goals. Preferrably bald, from the west midlands and has a criminal record.

Anyone spring to mind?

:mmm:

:dntknw:

I have warmed to the idea of having Hughesy back. I didn't fancy him on the big bucks two year deal, especially seeing as he did go a bit rubbish, but under the new regime (and at the right money) he could still be our key man.

What we need is a smaller, powerful, more natural in the box striker... someone who is guranteed to get goals. Preferrably bald, from the west midlands and has a criminal record.

Anyone spring to mind?

Does anybody know if our out of contract former striker is still training with Latics?

I'd be awful worried about having neither him nor Abbott for large chunks of the season. You'd hope not, but neither have right good records for injuries.

For that reason I would say its a bad idea would like to see someone brought in with abit of pace I like a big one and a quick one as a front two gives options and makes it tough for a defence to have a game plan. If you have two big ones with no pace then the opposing defence plays a high line to push them out. Play two quick ones and to counter most teams will defend deep to eliminate the chance of the ball in behind. A big one and a quick one though is not as easy to but a plan in place.

probably still do a job for a side such as ours, not sure what the other doom and gloom merchants on this board will think tho.....personally i think we need a different kind of player to go with Pawel Abbott, more in the mould of a Roger Palmer type.

they cost 10 million quid though