The Stadium Poll

Matt

What do the fans want to do?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. The Stadium Conundrum

• Redevelop Boundary Park stand-by-stand?
    • Groundshare with Rochdale in a new stadium?
    • Groundshare until a new stadium is built for Latics at BP?
    • Groundshare until a new stadium is built for Latics at another site?

"Groundshare with Rochdale in a new stadium?"

Would love to know how many of the 31 voted so far for this actually live or have lived in Dale or was born there. A few admit going and watching them at times....I can't see any other reason for ppl voting for this. If there is a Latics fan with no ties to Dale at all, but think this is a go-er then I'd be surprised. And would welcome hearing why they feel it's the answer.

Would love to know how many of the 31 voted so far for this actually live or have lived in Dale or was born there. A few admit going and watching them at times....I can't see any other reason for ppl voting for this. If there is a Latics fan with no ties to Dale at all, but think this is a go-er then I'd be surprised. And would welcome hearing why they feel it's the answer.

hadnt voted for this but i wouldnt be too upset if this happened, my reasons are purely financial though - save us money in long run etc.

I'm ok to admit I'm one of the 32. I grew up in Middleton and cannot stand Rochdale (council), been to Spotland once, not for a game...cannot remember why the hell I was there?

If we could fill BP 80-90% week in week out, then I'd vote against the idea, but we don't and except for a few years in the late 80's, early 90's we never have and likely never will. City, United and apathy will allways be our biggest crowd killers. I can't go for good reason. I don't understand some of the persistent stay away fans? If I still lived in the area, I'd be going week in week out regardless of what league we are in or how badly we play.

I personally see one day that League 1 & League 2 will be cut off from the top two tiers, with no chance of promotion. This will literally kill off a lot of lower league clubs, if the Milan clubs can do it, then why can't we? I also think this is something that a ot of lower league clubs should seriously consider. I laready know that at one Premier league chairman has suggested the idea of a two tier premiership, with no relegation from the 2nd tier.

It just comes down to this to me, maybe I'm over simplifying the idea? - Two clubs futures secured, one new ground, both sets of fans benefit.

Edited by 3 Lions

I personally see one day that League 1 & League 2 will be cut off from the top two tiers, with no chance of promotion. This will literally kill off a lot of lower league clubs, if the Milan clubs can do it, then why can't we? I also think this is something that a ot of lower league clubs should seriously consider. I laready know that at one Premier league chairman has suggested the idea of a two tier premiership, with no relegation from the 2nd tier.

It just comes down to this to me, maybe I'm over simplifying the idea? - Two clubs futures secured, one new ground, both sets of fans benefit.

Cutting off the top 2 divisions would be the most catastrophic thing that could happen to football. What about sides like Scunthorpe or Blackpool their season will be over if you take away relegation then the only thing for teams to play for in each league is promotion. You will get to Christmas and then with sides 10-15 points adrift of the top six will have no chance of promotion yet will have no pressure of keeping up any performance levels because their will be no threat of relegation so you will get sides going through the motions for 5-6months of the season knowone wants to see that.

The great thing about football is their should always be the dream of achieving greatness the chance to for the small side to take on the big boys and win. They might be our rivals but I think its great that Burnley are in the premiership it shows that if a small club maximises its resources it can reach the big time and defy all the odds. While accepting that it wouldn't be an easy feet and would only done by sustained effort at every level of the club I do believe that the good times can come back.

I've wondered about the coincidence of enthusiasm for the stadium share idea and ties to the town of Rochdale.

To those of us who grew up on the 'Manchester side' of Oldham (Hollinwood in my case), Rochdale is just another local town, no different to Stockport, Bury, Bolton or Wigan etc etc. You never really thought about going into Rochdale as a change from Oldham. You were more likely to go to Manchester or Ashton.

That's an interesting one. I grew up in Royton, almost equidistant between Oldham and Rochdale. But I felt the same about Rochdale as you - just another local town; I went shopping, and went out, in Oldham.

But I also got to know various people who live(d) in High Crompton, and although they were within OMBC, it seemed their 'default' was to go to Rochdale.

Edited by garcon

That's an interesting one. I grew up in Royton, almost equidistant between Oldham and Rochdale. But I felt the same about Rochdale as you - just another local town; I went shopping, and went out, in Oldham.

But I also got to know various people who live(d) in High Crompton, and although they were within OMBC, it seemed their 'default' was to go to Rochdale.

I think I must have only been to Rochdale about half a dozen times. For one reason or another I've spent more time in Bolton, Bury and Stockport. Rochdale was just as difficult as those towns to get to from where I grew up.

Well that's just typical of the High Crompton Hillbillies :ranting:

According to tomorrow's Rochdale Observer, SC suggested we ground-share at Spotland until a new stadium (for both teams) could be built! Rochdale's chairman is apparently open to discussions about such a move, although no detailed negotiations have taken place.

that means we'll have a terrace

According to tomorrow's Rochdale Observer, SC suggested we ground-share at Spotland until a new stadium (for both teams) could be built! Rochdale's chairman is apparently open to discussions about such a move, although no detailed negotiations have taken place.

If that's true, I seem to recall somebody predicting this development...

Tomorrow's news today! Superb!

In theory, fine.

But I would have to say that I would like to see new stadium construction begin before we move out of BP and before any more sides of BP get knocked down.

Edited by opinions4u