The Stadium Poll

Matt

What do the fans want to do?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. The Stadium Conundrum

• Redevelop Boundary Park stand-by-stand?
    • Groundshare with Rochdale in a new stadium?
    • Groundshare until a new stadium is built for Latics at BP?
    • Groundshare until a new stadium is built for Latics at another site?

Why groundshare until a new stadium is built? We can continue to play at BP until the new stadium is ready, unless cash is required as the stadium is being built. I would be in favour of a new stadium, I never liked the plans for BP they seem like a hotel and offices with a football stadium in the middle, rather than the stadium being the focal point with a hotel and offices near by. As has been mentioned before BP is nearly half way between Oldham and Rochdale, but Rochdale fans wouldn't accept it and I can't blame them.

Why would anybody pick that they would WANT us to groundshare with Rochdale? Or groundshare at all? Surely the ideal scenario would be to either redevelop BP stand by stand (the original plan) or, build a ground at another site in Oldham, and move there when complete (like pretty much every other club who gets a new ground).

Why would anybody pick that they would WANT us to groundshare with Rochdale? Or groundshare at all? Surely the ideal scenario would be to either redevelop BP stand by stand (the original plan) or, build a ground at another site in Oldham, and move there when complete (like pretty much every other club who gets a new ground).

Sssh-it doesn't go down well on here to mention that other clubs manage to do what we apparently can't.

HAve you not read the dozens of post that support the groundshare, or Simon Corneys article?

Half the build costs, half the (reduced) running costs, all the revenue retained, better transport links, and more chance of biggger names to fill the retail space?

HAve you not read the dozens of post that support the groundshare, or Simon Corneys article?

Half the build costs, half the (reduced) running costs, all the revenue retained, better transport links, and more chance of biggger names to fill the retail space?

Erm...if we have half the building costs, and reduced running costs, why would we retain all the revenue? Is it me, or does that sound like a really crap deal for Rochdale? Why would the transport links be better if we shared with Rochdale?

Why on earth would anybody not want us to have our own ground.

For me a sustainable BP development (spookily, like the one proposed) is easily the preferred option. Indeed, even if the only stadium part fully completed is the Broadway stand, I think I'm happy. Plus a tarting up of the Chaddy End.

I am, however, more than open to other ideas as long as they deliver ongoing income streams to the club in excess of what is generated now.

Looks superb to me ...

Edited by opinions4u

Erm...if we have half the building costs, and reduced running costs, why would we retain all the revenue? Is it me, or does that sound like a really crap deal for Rochdale? Why would the transport links be better if we shared with Rochdale?

Why on earth would anybody not want us to have our own ground.

Becasue we still get all the money from our home games, as would Rochdale

What I want is for a common sense approach...

Its goes without saying that we all want our own Stadium but considering that looks doubtful we can afford that then I WANT the club to look at other options and on that ground I voted for the ground share.

I would love us to have our own state of the art ground whether it be a redeveloped BP or a completely new stadium. However, I can grasp that for a club like Oldham this may never be financially possible (or at least it is looking this way). If this is the case, I would be fully behind sharing a brand new stadium with Rochdale, rather than contiuning to play in a decaying BP.

As I said on a previous post, I just can't see sharing with Rochdale being viable. That would mean 4 teams trying to use the same pitch!

Thinking about this and its probably to expensive but...

A lot of the fields in America can be rolled into and out of the stadium... This solves the problem of trying to grow the grass in steep stadiums... and it also allows them to alternate the use of pitches....

I wonder how much something like that costs... You could have a pitch for the two rugby clubs and two for the football....

Interesting idea but probably pie in the sky due to the cost :)

Edited by oafc0000

As I said on a previous post, I just can't see sharing with Rochdale being viable. That would mean 4 teams trying to use the same pitch!

I agree I just can't see it happening personally if they can pull it out of the fire and make something that suits Rochdale ourselves makes us both more money plus gives the rughby teams something too and thats before we have to go through the local residents and the council then I would be amazed their is just too many hurdles we would have to cross

I could pick 3 different options on this, grounshare until a new stadium is built at BP, groundshare until a new one is built away from BP or build a new BP stand by stand

Anything but lose our identity by sharing a ground with another team (apart from the rugby of course)

It's no surprise that's the favourite option.

But we may have to accept that it may no longer be a financially viable one.

Perhaps a pertinent follow up to this would be - ok, staying at BP is the favourite. But what if redeveloping BP is simply not a short term option? Would you rather go for a secondary option away from BP, or spend a bit of money patching the old place up and staying put until we CAN afford to redevelop?

i wouldnt want to share with any other club. Boundary Park is where Oldham Athletic belongs!i could understand if Oldham built a new ground elsewere in Oldham but to get rid of Boundary Park and groundshare with another club seems wrong to me.there is benefits of groundsharing but I dont think it should happen.

I wouldnt mind sharing if it made the club financially sustainable but its putting trust in the idea and not many people have much trust left after the chris moore and ian stott saga,

its not so much TTA i dont have trust in its more of the idea of funding the idea im worried about as its a risk

also anyone seen what the rockerdales think about this? any links etc?

I wouldnt mind sharing if it made the club financially sustainable but its putting trust in the idea and not many people have much trust left after the chris moore and ian stott saga,

its not so much TTA i dont have trust in its more of the idea of funding the idea im worried about as its a risk

also anyone seen what the rockerdales think about this? any links etc?

Here

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24141&st=100

Edited by creepy

Easy for me to say having never been to BP and not a likely trip in the future, but one of the things I love about football is how much it's rooted in tradition. I'd rather see BP updated over time than build somewhere else, and sharing a stadium just sounds wrong.