Incident on Broadway

Playing 5aside last night in Failsworth the old bill were in the sky from about 9pm onwards and were still up when I went to bed at 11:30... not sure if it's connected mind.

This thread has gone very entertaining :lol:

Connected or not, there will/are going to be many more sightings and high vis from our boys in blue over the next few weeks that's for sure.....glad i'm out of it for a couple of weeks then :grin: for a spot of glorious sunshine.....

Put 'em all in a field with their guns and let 'em all shoot away i say... :wink:

As for walking through werneth and glodwick after St Anselms/Augustines.......There wasn't many dull evenings... :grin:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst it probably isn't true, in my opinion those traditionally infamous areas (Longsight, Moss Side, Hulme etc) are no longer as fearsome as their reputations. Regeneration and police clamp-downs have (I gather) vastly improved their circumstances. Whilst I would still avoid Longsight and Moss Side, if you ask me Hulme is seemingly full of students and trendy sorts - hippies, artists, vegans and the like. Basically those ones who can't afford Chorlton.... :lol:

It's been 2 1/2 years since I worked in Hulme, but it was dog rough when I was there. Has there been a massive change or summat? I used to play football in Moss Side as well. Jeebus...

On a slightly unrelated note, I once got mugged in Fallowfield by a group of taxi drivers (threw up in a cab, tried to get some money out for him, couldn't remember PIN... :petesake:) and because I was so pissed I set off walking towards Oldham... or so I thought. I actually wandered through Chorlton, almost got to Sale before asking a taxi driver who was on his way out for the morning shift where the hell I was, turned back and trundled through Moss Side/Whalley Range/Hulme before showing up at my mate's flat on Newton Street at about 8am. (Ackey - ask Scott if he remembers this; the poor swine let me kip on his sofa for a few hours before giving me my bus fare home.)

My post was aimed at IMO the way the asian communties refuse to integrate with anyone else but themselves

And being an ex postman i know that the word cleanliness isnt in the asian communities vocabulary - my opinion again

Ive got to be careful what i say here because the PC brigade is alive and kicking on these pages

Challenging ignorance isn't PC. In fact, PC is used by all kinds of cretins as a term for anything they don't agree with.

So some Asian areas are dirty. Can't you think of plenty of white areas that are rundown and unclean? Race doesn't come into it.

PS You can't integrate with yourself.

I'm pointing out that you don't necessarily have to provoke certain kinds of young Asians, or any other group of youths of similar mentality, in order to get trouble.

yes. so was I. :unsure:

do you ever make your way to this forum via any other road than the Humour Bypass?

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...0/deadly-decade

13 shootings in 10 years.

this is what happens when successive governments let 2 or 3 generations of both indigenous & ethnic Brits live like scum and bring there children up accordingly.

as our supposed next government don't seem to have plans to place any expectations on people either it's only going to get worse.

[Corporal Jones on dfOAFC's login]

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...0/deadly-decade

13 shootings in 10 years.

this is what happens when successive governments let 2 or 3 generations of both indigenous & ethnic Brits live like scum and bring there children up accordingly.

as our supposed next government don't seem to have plans to place any expectations on people either it's only going to get worse.

[Corporal Jones on dfOAFC's login]

Governments have 'let them' live like this and bring their kids up in a certain way as opposed to doing what exactly?

It's been 2 1/2 years since I worked in Hulme, but it was dog rough when I was there. Has there been a massive change or summat? I used to play football in Moss Side as well. Jeebus...

On a slightly unrelated note, I once got mugged in Fallowfield by a group of taxi drivers (threw up in a cab, tried to get some money out for him, couldn't remember PIN... :petesake:) and because I was so pissed I set off walking towards Oldham... or so I thought. I actually wandered through Chorlton, almost got to Sale before asking a taxi driver who was on his way out for the morning shift where the hell I was, turned back and trundled through Moss Side/Whalley Range/Hulme before showing up at my mate's flat on Newton Street at about 8am. (Ackey - ask Scott if he remembers this; the poor swine let me kip on his sofa for a few hours before giving me my bus fare home.)

I once played in Moss Side, back in the late 90's - some sort of 'Nike 5' event (I think it was 'Puma Street Soccer' actually). I didn't enjoy it - we were knocked out fairly early on and greatly intimidated throughout. :cry:

Regarding the unrelated note, you should have knocked on a few doors in Moss Side in search of a Jamaican Sound System Party, blad. :smoking:

Governments have 'let them' live like this and bring their kids up in a certain way as opposed to doing what exactly?

placing a few expectations on contributing positively to society, eg working, not commiting crime, treating fellow human beings with respect, generally presenting some kind of decent role model to kids etc.

placing a few expectations on contributing positively to society, eg working, not commiting crime, treating fellow human beings with respect, generally presenting some kind of decent role model to kids etc.

Leaving aside the fact that they'd claim, rightly or wrongly, to do this already, through what mechanisms could this be expected to have an effect?

And which is the stronger influence on the more malevolent among the impressionable-what governments tell you to do or the lifestyle the likes of 50 Cent advocate in their music?