Incident on Broadway

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving aside the fact that they'd claim, rightly or wrongly, to do this already, through what mechanisms could this be expected to have an effect?

more consequences for anti-social behaviour, eg more fines, prison time, community service etc.

we'd need more prisons too which would create much needed work for the construction industry during these difficult times.

win, win, win :grin:

And which is the stronger influence on the more malevolent among the impressionable-what governments tell you to do or the lifestyle the likes of 50 Cent advocate in their music?

guns don't kill people, rappers do?

Edited by dfOAFC

but htey'd need the drugs to do that ... vicious circle. :disappointed:

Problem is, I suspect the majority of people who don't bother voting are the ones who would realise and accept drug policy reform is a must, and the sooner the better.

Do any decent sized parties actually promote this reform? Or do we just have the likes of the BNP....who many people no doubt vote for "because all the paki's are drug dealers - look at their cars!".

Nightmare.

more consequences for anti-social behaviour, eg more fines, prison time, community service etc.

we'd need more prisons too which would create much needed work for the construction industry during these difficult times.

win, win, win :grin:

guns don't kill people, rappers do?

The consequences for many serious forms of anti-social behaviour can already be severe, yet some of the more serious forms of crime appear to be rising. As for building more prisons, weren't government and opposition pretty much united in claiming that Britain can't afford the size of prison population it already has, even before the financial crisis hit? In fact, all the talk was about decreasing the prison population.

As for rappers, surely you can see the connection with gang culture?

If drugs were to be legalised I suspect many of these problems would sort themselves out.

Alas it will never happen until the general population un-brainwash themselves. :petesake:

i agree to an extent but, unfortunately, it's all about parameters.

make essentially "safe" drugs like cannabis, ecstacy or cocaine legal and kids won't feel they're rebelling by smoking a joint, taking a pill or snorting a line.

shooting up heroin or smoking crack on the other hand will be the new/only way of pushing the parameters society/the law has set.

also, you give the impression you take a lot of drugs a lot of the time and can handle it.

unfortunately, some people can't say the same and what's a largely harmless pastime (?) for you is a rocky road to misery, crime & even death for many.

Edited by dfOAFC

Heroin is less harmfull than smoking. Also, I don't take a lot of drugs (although I always have a bag of smoke), I just see them for what they are.

Have you read the article I posted a link to?

P.S I see the kids argument the other way - about the only positive of prohibition is that it gives kids a ticket out of peer pressure scenarios.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

As for rappers, surely you can see the connection with gang culture?

doesn't the gang culture already need to exist for it to be rapped about?

i feel the likes of ITV have more of an influence with the Jerry Springer style crap they have on which seems to validate unacceptable people living unaaceptable ways of life.

doesn't the gang culture already need to exist for it to be rapped about?

i feel the likes of ITV have more of an influence with the Jerry Springer style crap they have on which seems to validate unacceptable people living unaaceptable ways of life.

Yes-but it's self-reinforcing to some extent.

Springer and co. might have this effect-but that way of life also exists independently of such TV shows.

i agree to an extent but, unfortunately, it's all about parameters.

make essentially "safe" drugs like cannabis, ecstacy or cocaine legal and kids won't feel they're rebelling by smoking a joint, taking a pill or snorting a line.

shooting up heroin or smoking crack on the other hand will be the new/only way of pushing the parameters society/the law has set.

also, you give the impression you take a lot of drugs a lot of the time and can handle it.

unfortunately, some people can't say the same and what's a largely harmless pastime (?) for you is a rocky road to misery, crime & even death for many.

I disagree with this. It would still be illegal for kids to take these drugs as surely there would be an age limit of most probably 18. So they would still be pushing parameters by taking them underage.

I do know some people who will never take drugs just because they are illegal, legalising all drugs would cause a rise in drug use and would probably lead to an increase in addictions

I do know some people who will never take drugs just because they are illegal, legalising all drugs would cause a rise in drug use and would probably lead to an increase in addictions

And yet the use of tobacco has reduced drastically over the last 5/10/20 years, thanks to education. Also, many drugs aren't addictive while most are considerably less adictive than tobacco (and alchohol for that matter).

P.S They probably state the law as an excuse for not wanting to crack on, which is fair enough. I know of nobody who has ever said "I'd love to try it but it's illegal so I can't".

Edited by Stitch_KTF

And yet the use of tobacco has reduced drastically over the last 5/10/20 years, thanks to education. Also, many drugs aren't addictive while most are considerably less adictive than tobacco (and alchohol for that matter).

P.S They probably state the law as an excuse for not wanting to crack on, which is fair enough. I know of nobody who has ever said "I'd love to try it but it's illegal so I can't".

I am aware that tobacco is much more addictive than most drugs. But I was thinking paticular about coke, many people have become addicted to coke and it does have the ability of ruining lives.

I am aware that tobacco is much more addictive than most drugs. But I was thinking paticular about coke, many people have become addicted to coke and it does have the ability of ruining lives.

I agree, thats why i only drink Pepsi these days, im a refomed character these days <_<

McDonalds has the ability of ruining lives.

Think about it - tobacco is legal and it's usage is diminishing. Cocaine is prohibited and it's usage continues to go through the roof.

However it's even worse than that...as it's not actually bingo bongo that people are banging up their noses, it's cheap substitutes.

I agree that it's nasty stuff, but regardless of that you, I or Gordon Brown have no right to tell anybody they can't take it, and it's not as nasty as black market gear.

Edited by Stitch_KTF

McDonalds has the ability of ruining lives.

Think about it - tobacco is legal and it's usage is diminishing. Cocaine is prohibited and it's usage continues to go through the roof.

However it's even worse than that...as it's not actually bingo bongo that people are banging up their noses, it's cheap substitutes. I had proper stuff once, having thought I'd had proper stuff before, and it was that intense that I didn't like it at all.

I agree that it's nasty stuff, but regardless of that you, I or Gordon Brown have no right to tell anybody they can't take it, and it's not as nasty as black market gear.

I think that along with tobacco and alcohol, he has every right to push for this :censored:e to be banned/prohibited/kept illegal when he sees the drain on the police and health services that all three of these products place upon them.

Anyway, i'm off for a few beers...... :grin:

me?

why not just called them pakistanis,bangladeshis ..that who they are referring to...don't beat about the bush.

i'm sure the chinese community in oldham don't like being lumped into the general categorization of this .

its like all brits being lumped together with the french,germans and spanish...because we're all europeans - right?

get my point?

Because I can't just nip down to the crime scene, ask the police what race they were so my post in a message board can be accurately enough to please the PC brigade, in fact, I'm sure the police don't know what race the guilty are.

If you call an Indian a Pakistani or Bangladeshi,or any of the races by the other name, you won't be met with a smile and a handshake, so Asian is a broader label.

Would be along the lines of calling an English person Scottish, so just recently with Wimbledon, Murray was more referred to as British so the British public would get behind him, rather than alienating the English.

P.S. When I go the chippy, I don't say i'm going getting an Asian, I say I'm going the chinese cause I KNOW they are chinese.

Edited by bensonio

Challenging ignorance isn't PC. In fact, PC is used by all kinds of cretins as a term for anything they don't agree with.

So some Asian areas are dirty. Can't you think of plenty of white areas that are rundown and unclean? Race doesn't come into it.

PS You can't integrate with yourself.

the whole town is run down - its how you make the most of it :wink: