Lidds to Bradford

Is this a Titanic? Sorry if it is, but Andy "Bolt" Liddell has signed for Bradford PA. I thought he'd have gone to a Conference outfit but good luck to him.

Bradford's new signing

Wow i didnt expect Lidds to drop down quite that low. Surely he could have got a permenant contract higher up than that? Reminds me of Luke Beckett who dropped down to play for Gainsborough Trinity i think. Pretty sure both could have made a go of it in League 2 at least. The only thing i can think of is if both were looking at making an alternative career for themselves once they retire. Suppose it makes sense but good luck to Lidds. Was a good player until his legs just gave way at this level.

Edited by Killens_physio

Wow i didnt expect Lidds to drop down quite that low.

Bradford P.A. have been taken over by a greedy, with ideas well above his station ambitious owner who's planning a 20,000 stadium and an assault on the football league, so I think they're not too short of a bob or two. I read a great article about a year ago about when he took over and ruffled a lot of the fans feathers. He sounds delightful like.

Andy 'pieface' Campbell now plies his trade there too. Now that is a quick drop, given he was involved in a million pound trasnfer about 5 years ago.

I read a great article about a year ago about when he took over and ruffled a lot of the fans feathers. He sounds delightful like.

Ahh, here it is.

Apparently he literally 'made up' a pre-season tour of Majorca last year, and published fictional reports on their website before getting rumbled. Brilliant!

Ahh, here it is.

Apparently he literally 'made up' a pre-season tour of Majorca last year, and published fictional reports on their website before getting rumbled. Brilliant!

Oh, and I've found the link to the Bradford P.A. messageboard from around that time where the owner was logged on calling his own fans "muppets" when being probed about the massive fabrications. He's "THE GENERAL" by the way.

He'd have a right fun time if he ever took over from TTA.

Bradford P.A. have been taken over by a greedy, with ideas well above his station ambitious owner who's planning a 20,000 stadium and an assault on the football league, so I think they're not too short of a bob or two. I read a great article about a year ago about when he took over and ruffled a lot of the fans feathers. He sounds delightful like.

Andy 'pieface' Campbell now plies his trade there too. Now that is a quick drop, given he was involved in a million pound trasnfer about 5 years ago.

Ah ok didnt know that. He isnt the same moron who tried to take over York City a few years back and was going to name the team after himself or something daft like that?

Ah ok didnt know that. He isnt the same moron who tried to take over York City a few years back and was going to name the team after himself or something daft like that?

No. That's John Bachelor. Made about £120K from asset stripping York - he admits this. Nearly took over Mansfield last year too.

No. That's John Bachelor. Made about £120K from asset stripping York - he admits this. Nearly took over Mansfield last year too.

Haha yeah thats him. What an absolute tool that guy was. Have no affiliation to York but would really have been gutted for them if he had gone there. Wouldnt wish him or Chris M**re on anyone........well maybe Leeds and Manure :lol:

Oh no, that was the wonderful John Bachelor who owned York City and then Mansfield (Who he wanted to rename Harchester United). He was last seen sniffing around Chester City, and even fronted a consortium who made a bid for Southampton and really is a horrible piece of work. Effectively he's just interested in taking over a football club, driving them deep into administration (after selling off any assets for his own ends first of course) and moving on once the only thing left is a husk and a lot of deeply upset supporters.

He'll resurface again sometime, preying on a struggling football team. God, I hope he's never successful.

He'll resurface again sometime, preying on a struggling football team. God, I hope he's never successful.

Like that numpty Wankleman at the Donks? What a slimy so and so he is as well. Apart from the fact that they are a Franchise to begin with, i would love to see them fail even more because of that little ****!

When it's not a football team, it's some equally ill-fated motorsport scheme. The list of enemies he has created in both sports is truly impressive - I know for sure that were he to show his face at certain motorsport meetings he would most likely depart in an ambulance (if he's lucky).

I think thats why the football league now has to approve each takeover bid and look into the historys of the owners, some call it unneccessary but whaen you look at examples like these im pretty glad they do it