I disagree about his pace. I recall he gave Anelka 2 yards start and caught him. He was a bit younger then but still....

:shock::blink: So in the last couple of days I've heard that Haining has a better range of passing than Gregan and has more pace than Anelka.

He sounds like some sort of player, I can't believe we ever let him go. <_<

I disagree about his pace. I recall he gave Anelka 2 yards start and caught him. He was a bit younger then but still....

I remember that game, didn't Haining get sent off for illegal use of a circus human cannon and net on the pitch?

Easy mistake to make - I was getting Macken and Anelka confused all the time... :unsure:

I wish people would stop writing off Reuben, based purely on his (admittedly dreadful) form at the end of the season. Remember, he was an integral part of our superb start to the season too, and what I saw on Monday night suggests (as far as a friendly against Hyde can) that he's looking on track to rediscover that form.

Haining looked good, and fit too. I'd happily see him back in the squad, but I tend to agree that would be as cover for Gregan ... Gregan/Hazell works for me, I think Haining/Hazell would too, but like others I have my worries about Gregan/Haining.

I wish people would stop writing off Reuben, based purely on his (admittedly dreadful) form at the end of the season.

Yeah, I agree with this. Early season, apart from the very occasional blunder (The OG against Millwall springs to mind) he was pretty solid game for game. His form towards the end was pretty conduit to the rest of the team and coincided with him signing a new contract. They were pretty much all playing pretty terribly, it just so happens Rubes' mistakes and bad marking usually led to silly goals conceded.

A change of manager and fresh slate I think will do him well. He just looked like a player who'd lost all confidence by the end of last and wanted an end to the season ASAP.

Dont get me wrong, I like Rubes and I would be perfectly happy with him and Greegs as our CB's. I'm just saying I personally prefer Haining. I think if we did sign high we would have 3 good CB's.

Don't hold your breath waiting for DP to sign him.

If we sign him great but if we dont I wont lose any sleep over it. I'm sure DP will bring in a quality CB either way.

I agree, personally I think he played ok and would be a solid squad player, still unsure about the American lad yet though

Haining is just too similar to Gregan, and we need something slightly different, so he won't be signed.

Am sure DP will find the appropriate buy in due course, but I guess he is fairly content to go with Gregan and Rubes in the meantime.

Hopefully there's something in the Trotman loan move that was rumoured a few weeks ago.

Him and Gregan looked a good pairing in the few games they started together.

Did Trotters and Greegs actually play together? I thought Trotman only got his chance when Gregan got injured. And he was gone by the time Gregan returned.

I would love Trotman back on loan.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies