Rick Attwood and Team-92 club run.

I know Rick is too modest to shout too loud but I know that he and his team have put in a tremendous amount of work toward the 92 club run next Friday.

Apart from the charities concerned the club will also benefit and the publicity from the event will do us no harm at all. Some smashing sponsorship has been given to the event and Pentagon Garage have been particularly magnificent with the loan of cars and provision of petrol.

This event really doers deserve to do well and I am appealing to everyone on the board to get as much sponsorship as you can afford.

I hope you are all looking forward to the new season.

Keep the Faith

Barry

Thanks Barry,

Still 8 of us doing the trip now I found that little piece of paper you get with you photo driving licence ... it was touch and go :blush:

My God. They arent seriously going to let you drive are they? Ah, on second thoughts its probably better they let you drive than doing the navigating/timekeeping.

:wink:

Guest sheridans_world

Thanks Barry.

For all of you that have not as yet seen why we are doing this, please read here:

A group of Latics fans will be hoping to smash a record when they undertake a driving tour of all 92 professional grounds on the weekend of July 17.

Eight fans expect to complete a visit to every single ground in the Football and Premier Leagues within a 92-hour time limit, but have set a target of 78 hours to beat the current record.

They will be raising money for the Samantha Jones Trust as well as raising awareness of the threat of skin cancer during the summer months.>>The Samantha Jones Trust<<

The fans will take the famous 'Ernie Flag' with them - created in memory of former Latics star Ernie Cooksey, who died of malignant melanoma last summer.>>Ernie Flag<<

Now the travelling party are looking for sponsorship and donations towards the charity and its fund raising efforts. Most of the travelling has been paid for by sponsorship by very welcomed intrest from Companies and individuals. Every penny now raised will go to the Charities that we are supporting

Companies getting involved will receive exposure on the club's official website, on the official messageboard at OWTB.co.uk, in the local press and more. Sky Sports News are also getting on board and have agreed to cover the journey.

Anyone wishing to sponsor us can visit our just giving page (safe and secure online donations) at www.justgiving.com/92inblue (or click on my sig :wink:).

If anyone doest trust online card trascations but would still like to donate to our cause, please PM me by clicking >>here<<

Please join our support crew online during the weekend, we'll be keeping OWTB up-to-date with our progress as and when we can.

Thanks!

Simon

92IB

My God. They arent seriously going to let you drive are they? Ah, on second thoughts its probably better they let you drive than doing the navigating/timekeeping.

:wink:

It might be more like a 90.5 hour challenge by the time he pitches up, wondering why everyone else looks stressed out...

Cheers Barry

The fund raising is going ok at the moment but we are still about £1,000 behind our target !!!!!

Every £1 or £2 is greatly appreciated !!

For people attending the friendlies Tomorrow and on Thursday, Myself and Simon will have sponsor forms on us if you wish to donate any change you may have on you :wink:

Can you say exactly what you are collecting for, as initially part of it seemed to be for the football club (youngsters) which other teams won't really give for. Just the foundations and % given to each, please.

The money raised will be split between The Samantha Jones Trust, Boundary Blues and a memorial bench for Ernie Cooksey at Tandle Hills.

We are unsure of the % to each yet this will be decided when the final amount is counted !

Most of the amount raised will go to the The Samantha Jones Trust.... at least £2,000 we are hoping !

The money raised will be split between The Samantha Jones Trust, Boundary Blues and a memorial bench for Ernie Cooksey at Tandle Hills.

We are unsure of the % to each yet this will be decided when the final amount is counted !

Most of the amount raised will go to the The Samantha Jones Trust.... at least £2,000 we are hoping !

Thanks Mate. I don't mean to be picky (really) as I completely back what you are doing, but why would fans of other teams give to Boundary Blues?

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Thanks Mate. I don't mean to be picky (really) as I completely back what you are doing, but why would fans of other teams give to Boundary Blues?

The Samantha Jones Trust is the Primary source of the funding any amount raised over the fund raising target will be split between the BB and a memorial bench for Ernie Cooksey at Tandle Hills.

The idea of this event is for Oldham people to raise money for Oldham causes and donations from oppo supporters is a bonus

The Samantha Jones Trust is the Primary source of the funding any amount raised over the fund raising target will be split between the BB and a memorial bench for Ernie Cooksey at Tandle Hills.

The idea of this event is for Oldham people to raise money for Oldham causes and donations from oppo supporters is a bonus

Then you need to publicise exactly that as I, as a keen follower, I had no idea.

I'm still not sure about this. I agree with what you are doing, but why would other clubs back our team which in the end they are doing.

I've given myself and implore every Oldham fan to do so. I'm not sure I could get Newcastle/Sunderland fans to do the same.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Then you need to publicise exactly that as I, as a keen follower, I had no idea.

I'm still not sure about this. I agree with what you are doing, but why would other clubs back our team which in the end they are doing.

I've given myself and implore every Oldham fan to do so. I'm not sure I could get Newcastle/Sunderland fans to do the same.

Its not a national fund raising idea ... I have used a local charity for the club and trust to help....

Its not a national fund raising idea ... I have used a local charity for the club and trust to help....

Fair enough, so long as it is clear to other (teams) fans where the money is going.

I feel I have to say it again as not to look an ignorant git, I agree with what you are doing, but this is not directly giving to the Ernie funds, which many amongst me have done. It is giving to a good cause, with a bit of Oldham Athletic mixed in. Oldham fans can do that, I think other teams may think twice.

Having said all that, I really am apprecietive of what you are doing.

If you guys happen to be anywhere near Ealing in London on the Friday evening then give me a shout i will wave as you go past. Staying in the Ramada with at least 40 other mascots so we will end up running riot round that area around 10pm.

Good luck guys, your all my hero's for doing this and especially for choosing the charity i mentioned. :bblue2::imnotworthy: