Move away from BP now preferred option

Very interesting (and very quick) comments from Failsworth Dynamos on their website.

I won't even quote it, as it would spoil the surprise.....

http://www.failsworthdynamos.co.uk/news.aspx

(think they migth have slipped up on Objective 2 - I'm presuming)

edit (no.2) - they ahven't slipped up scroll down to 15/02/09 - rather a problem for the person who said if latics move to failsworth, they'll support oldham town!

Sounds to me like everyone is working well together to find a workable solution for all involed!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are making it out as if we are moving 200 miles away

The move from wimbledon to milton keynes is over 50 miles

moving the club across the rochdale or tameside border would be less than 5 miles

and we would not change our name

it doesnt matter if were moving 5 or 500 miles away. we are OLDHAM athletic, we should be in oldham. i dont support a team in tamside, just like i dont support a team in manchester because they are not a team from oldham. don't get me wrong we desperately need a move but i'm sure they are plenty of sites within oldham that we can move to.

Very interesting (and very quick) comments from Failsworth Dynamos on their website.

edit (no.2) - they ahven't slipped up scroll down to 15/02/09 - rather a problem for the person who said if latics move to failsworth, they'll support oldham town!

i never said if oldham move to failsworth id support oldham town. i said if we move out of oldham i.e tameside id support oldham town because i feel if we move from the borough we will lose our identity and i don't think it would be too long before our name get changed. as most people have pointed out failsworth is techincally in oldham so i have no problem with this, although i think the best site would be in chadderton, near radclyffe as its the biggest and would allow us to build more than just a stadium so we would get income 7 days a week

it doesnt matter if were moving 5 or 500 miles away. we are OLDHAM athletic, we should be in oldham. i dont support a team in tamside, just like i dont support a team in manchester because they are not a team from oldham. don't get me wrong we desperately need a move but i'm sure they are plenty of sites within oldham that we can move to.

i never said if oldham move to failsworth id support oldham town. i said if we move out of oldham i.e tameside id support oldham town because i feel if we move from the borough we will lose our identity and i don't think it would be too long before our name get changed. as most people have pointed out failsworth is techincally in oldham so i have no problem with this, although i think the best site would be in chadderton, near radclyffe as its the biggest and would allow us to build more than just a stadium so we would get income 7 days a week

fair comment re the border/ombc thing - I did have a doubt but was too lazy to re-check.

Having said that, I tend to agree with the people who take the view that F/w is only in oldham due to a mandarin, it is indeed a fair point, but I move the opposite way - I think that within or close enough to (ok, that's vague but...5 miles max?) oldham would be ok - middelton could have been part of ombc instead of f/w, droylsden and parts of tameside could have been put in rather than saddleworth, where would we be then? Where would we readily accpet as a move within ombc if the lines were drawn a different way? Does the mandarin's decision really rule what we do? How many people stay in one town for their whole lives thesedays?

Then, if you make that move to ashton moss, things might change over the years and you might end up with Oldham&Ashton Athletic, it is a "danger", but then again I'm sure some people said Pine Villa lost their roots moving to BP? And then changing their name - I bet some people switched to Pine Town FC. Perhaps it's just change and the gradual evolution of things. We can't freeze time the way we want it.

fair comment re the border/ombc thing - I did have a doubt but was too lazy to re-check.

Having said that, I tend to agree with the people who take the view that F/w is only in oldham due to a mandarin, it is indeed a fair point, but I move the opposite way - I think that within or close enough to (ok, that's vague but...5 miles max?) oldham would be ok - middelton could have been part of ombc instead of f/w, droylsden and parts of tameside could have been put in rather than saddleworth, where would we be then? Where would we readily accpet as a move within ombc if the lines were drawn a different way? Does the mandarin's decision really rule what we do? How many people stay in one town for their whole lives thesedays?

Then, if you make that move to ashton moss, things might change over the years and you might end up with Oldham&Ashton Athletic, it is a "danger", but then again I'm sure some people said Pine Villa lost their roots moving to BP? And then changing their name - I bet some people switched to Pine Town FC. Perhaps it's just change and the gradual evolution of things. We can't freeze time the way we want it.

I bet they were fuming with that 100 yard move down the same street. You cant really compare any team moving ground in the late 1800's/early 1900's with today. Back then, football was in its infancy, now traditions have been formed and clubs have become part of the community.

"middelton could have been part of ombc instead of f/w, droylsden and parts of tameside could have been put in rather than saddleworth, where would we be then?".....your right, they could have been. But they are not.

i do understand were your coming from but the way i see it is the club should really stay in the boundaries of oldham. the lines could have been drawn differently but they werent and whether we like it or not they are places that got placed in oldham and places that didnt. oldham is our identity as a football club, not tamside. failsworth isnt my ideal place for the new ground the be built, far from it. id like us to stay close to were we are now but if i had to chose it would win over going out of the town everyday of the week. the only way i think the club should contemplate leaving the town is if they are no options left for them here (after the first planning hearing i would have been in full support of leaving) but at the minute i can see one of two options that the club could explore such as the failsworth site, the farmers field in chadderton near radclyffe or even were radclyffe lower school was (although im sure its been sold for a new school but not 100% on that)

in all honesty though i dont think id support oldham town if we left oldham haha, it would take some getting used to but eventually i think id come round to the idea. lets just hope the people upstairs at the club make the right decision i do whats best for the club.

Edited by erniecooksey4

this goes somewhat against how the Chron reported the initially story. Seems like Failsworth Dynamos are on-board with the proposals.

this goes somewhat against how the Chron reported the initially story. Seems like Failsworth Dynamos are on-board with the proposals.

Aye - I thought the Club went way overboard in complaining about the Chron reporting, but this does make it look like they went out of their way to find fault where the opposite was the case.

Aye - I thought the Club went way overboard in complaining about the Chron reporting, but this does make it look like they went out of their way to find fault where the opposite was the case.

Exactly, the chrons headline was "Anger over stadium plan", the article on failsworth dynamos website would suggest that they are anything but angry

Edited by Lookers_Carl

Negative baseless scaremongering in the Chronicle? Surely not.....

So ... I take it those that complain a stadium in Failsworth would be wrong cos Failsworth isn't Oldham are equally unhappy with Boundary Park, given that most of the site is (effectively) in Royton. :wink::getmecoat:

i dont think the dynamos are the problem anyway...more likely to be the people who own the allotments at the entrance...

also if the lancaster club is a listed building,and cant be knocked down,how is it going to affect the development,as it would mean building around it as it is pretty much slap in the middle....

also dish i think it is....the listed warehouse you say cant be knocked down,that isnt exactly true,if it is deemed a danger to public and is in too much of a state of disrepair it can be demolished.think if you actually look at a map you will see if that site was cleared,it is fairly adequate to accomodate a football stadium and is in the town centre and got great travel links.

whatever happens....i hope we dont move from the borough,that would be a sad day...but i just hope the new stadium is worth waiting for.

Another timely bit of digging....

On the OMBC Unitary development Plane, the allotments appear to be shown as "other protected open land", and we should remember than we haven't seen the plans yet - only the bison has suggested the allotments will be affected. The UDP suggests they are wrong. (some may say they should have checked this, others might suggest they knew but went ahead with the suggestion to the allotment owners?).

The rest of the plot is marked for development.

Mill St, Mill la and Morton St could all be attched to any development for access, parking or other uses, all having bridges over the rail line. (which will be a metro line in the future).

A shared stadium with Oldham Town? Facilties for Dynamos? (check their pages for players who have moved from Dynamos to Latics - seems to be a few and a coach has recently moved)

i just hope the new stadium is worth waiting for.

I have a queasy feeling that we're going to end up with a pale shadow of the proposed BP development. More Scunthorpe than Reebok. Or worse-that we will end up with nothing more than another set of plans gathering dust alongside all those others on the shelves at a rotting BP, as somebody says above.

Speaking of the BP redevelopment, it gives me no pleasure at all to point out that TTA are now doing as I predicted, and talking of the BP plan as unviable due to changed circumstances. It became clear that no redevelopment would take place on 15th September 2008.

I have a queasy feeling that we're going to end up with a pale shadow of the proposed BP development. More Scunthorpe than Reebok. Or worse-that we will end up with nothing more than another set of plans gathering dust alongside all those others on the shelves at a rotting BP, as somebody says above.

Speaking of the BP redevelopment, it gives me no pleasure at all to point out that TTA are now doing as I predicted, and talking of the BP plan as unviable due to changed circumstances. It became clear that no redevelopment would take place on 15th September 2008.

********* :shock: Corporal Jones in negative post shocker! :shock: *********

don't know if this has already been mentioned (can't be arsed reading 8 pages) but what's happening with the site where Radcliffe school used to be?

new school mate - a merger of our ladys and st. augustines.

so what's happening to Our Lady's???

now that would be a good site.

But no different from BP really? If it was viable at one it would be viable at the other I guess. I'm thinking that Failsworth is a runner because the land there will cost relatively sod all and the BP site will be worth summat in a couple of years. I'm sure something will happen on Our Lady's though, hope they don't allow multi-car drivers to move in...

But no different from BP really? If it was viable at one it would be viable at the other I guess. I'm thinking that Failsworth is a runner because the land there will cost relatively sod all and the BP site will be worth summat in a couple of years. I'm sure something will happen on Our Lady's though, hope they don't allow multi-car drivers to move in...

The rumour is, another school will move in there which will then coincide with the new homes that will be built on the Coin Controls site.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

I am absolutely flabbergasted that some people think Failsworth is in Oldham - FFS, learn something about the local area people. It's just like people lumping us (Oldhamers) in with Manchester. Just because Failsworth is served by OMBC does NOT make it a part of Oldham.

Faisworth is in the oldham boundary, dont see what the problem is , we all want better facilities than what we have at the moment , so moving is the only option , you would think that most people on here just want to stay in a decaying stadium , a change is needed to take the club forward . Most teams seem to do better when they build a new stadium ,

Edited by oldhamathleticfailsworth

Our Ladys and my old school St Augustines are merging and the new school is being built on the site of the old Radcliffe lower school.

My old school st Anselms/St Augustines!!! Now i'm worried Senor :wink:

Yeah both are merging and Our Ladys has already been 'earmarked/sold' for another school apparantly!