Move away from BP now preferred option

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't be concerned about the proximity to Eastlands. Why does it matter?

If you are a Latics fan, it could be next door to Old Trafford, but it doesn't mean you'll watch the Scum instead, does it?

If the road links and adjacent area provides better access, then it's got to be better for the fans.

If you are a Latics fan, it could be next door to Old Trafford, but it doesn't mean you'll watch the Scum instead, does it?

If the road links and adjacent area provides better access, then it's got to be better for the fans.

It does matter though, because we need to attract more than the hard core 3.500 to be sustainable.

Not that long ago, it was said 7,500 av gate for sustainability.

It does matter though, because we need to attract more than the hard core 3.500 to be sustainable.

Not that long ago, it was said 7,500 av gate for sustainability.

if city are away and some of there fans fancy watching a game, then they come to us which will be just up the road

its money through the turnstiles at the end of the day

if city are away and some of there fans fancy watching a game, then they come to us which will be just up the road

its money through the turnstiles at the end of the day

Aye

would not surprise me if the police stipulated that us and city could not be at home on the same day/night

The road links cannot possibly be any better than we already have as we have one of the most accesible grounds in the country!

I'm all for a move if it secures our long term future but I'm concerned that the proposed site is outside the Oldham borough and a little too close to C.O.M. stadium!

Surely there is a site somewhere within the boundary?

The road links cannot possibly be any better than we already have as we have one of the most accesible grounds in the country!

I'm all for a move if it secures our long term future but I'm concerned that the proposed site is outside the Oldham borough and a little too close to C.O.M. stadium!

Surely there is a site somewhere within the boundary?

it is within the Borough of Oldham, hence Failsworth folk pay their Council Tax to Oldham......

it is within the Borough of Oldham, hence Failsworth folk pay their Council Tax to Oldham......

Fair comment....the M post code had me confused!!

I still think it's a little too far from the Oldham area and a little too close to Eastlands, however, if it's the only site suitable then so be it because we need a new home, and we need it quickly!!!

Fair comment....the M post code had me confused!!

I still think it's a little too far from the Oldham area and a little too close to Eastlands, however, if it's the only site suitable then so be it because we need a new home, and we need it quickly!!!

As its not far from Failsworth (in the Borough of Oldham) what's the chances of Latics sharing Eastlands with City ?

The transport links to the ground too would be second to none and far more accessible than Boundary Park

The current bus routes that serve boundary park, 24 181 and 182 would drop you off right outside the ground

The 82 and 83 between waterhead/sholver, oldham and manc run straight down manchester/oldham road every 10 mins or better

180 and 184 which correct me if im wrong are every 15 mins or better, will provide a direct bus link from saddleworth to the ground

And dont forget the metro which will be running to what is now failsworth station with services between rochdale, oldham and manchester.....

sorry I'll shut up now I sound like a GMPTE spokesperson

but the point being is the ground will be a hell of alot easier to get to for most people

The transport links to the ground too would be second to none and far more accessible than Boundary Park

The current bus routes that serve boundary park, 24 181 and 182 would drop you off right outside the ground

The 82 and 83 between waterhead/sholver, oldham and manc run straight down manchester/oldham road every 10 mins or better

180 and 184 which correct me if im wrong are every 15 mins or better, will provide a direct bus link from saddleworth to the ground

And dont forget the metro which will be running to what is now failsworth station with services between rochdale, oldham and manchester.....

sorry I'll shut up now I sound like a GMPTE spokesperson

but the point being is the ground will be a hell of alot easier to get to for people who get the bus

:wink:

Downside is that yet again there are virtually no pubs in that area. And there is no parking!!!

None starter in my book. Should have looked more closely at Holinwood Gas Works site.. on the M60, train stop, buses even a canal! And loads of pubs and food shops.

oh...500 yards from the manchester border and even nearer to cittee...

crap road system to get there(its busy most of the day every day around that area).

no for me.

Ignoring the Citeh debate. The road system at the bottom of Broadway is excellent. It gets busy during the rush hour, sure, but on weekends and at night it would more than handle the load of a Latics match. And as Carl has said above it's possibly the most connected public transport spot in all of the North/East Greater Manchester area.

Downside is that yet again there are virtually no pubs in that area. And there is no parking!!!

None starter in my book. Should have looked more closely at Holinwood Gas Works site.. on the M60, train stop, buses even a canal! And loads of pubs and food shops.

PARKING !!!!!!

What about our carbon footprint?

Seriously, even a redeveloped BP would have minimal parking so thats hardly a reason for it not to go ahead, plus as it's already been said a number of buses go past that area plus a fully operational metro by the time it's built.

PARKING !!!!!!

What about our carbon footprint?

Seriously, even a redeveloped BP would have minimal parking so thats hardly a reason for it not to go ahead, plus as it's already been said a number of buses go past that area plus a fully operational metro by the time it's built.

No one ever agrees with you just because it's you! So take the other view point for us matey. Please?

:wink::lol: