The clubs official statement...

Put yourself in TTA shoes......putting £££££'s into a club on a weekly basis in which they have no loyalty to, I would compare them to lifeboat operators so before having a pop at TTA and their lack of ambition give them credit where credit is due because if it weren't for them the club would be up s*** creek without a paddle!! On monitoring attendance over the last 2 years a 12000 seater is plenty however......an option to expand would be a nice gesture from TTA. Not only would they be remembered for rescuing a sinking ship but leaving us with the option to expand.......anyway lets see how it looks when the plans are drawn up.

If you don't want to fund a club, don't buy it.

They didn't arrive solely for our benefit, as has been much discussed.

And I'm not 'having a pop' at TTA. Like everybody else, I was happy for them to make a fortune from the BP site, as long as the club benefited too. That doesn't mean that I don't see this current plan as a scaling down of ambitions stated when they arrived.

It might turn out that I'm wrong, and I'd be happy to be wrong, but I feel that people are fooling themselves and seeing only what they wish to see.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't want to fund a club, don't buy it.

I am growing tired of people going on about how they saved us. Yes they did and gratitude has been paid both from my pocket and to their faces. But the world moves on and they arent here just to save us. They are here to make money out of us.

In terms of why 12,000 now instead of the 16,000 of the proposed BP redevelopment, I don't believe it has anything whatsoever to do with ambition, and everything to do with financial common sense.

A statement that, in itself, embodies the scaling down of ambitions. The club has accepted the cut price option for the inferior development. More Colchester than Reebok. Maybe they have to-but it's reduced ambition whichever way you look at it.

How many times do we have to read this nonsense?

"They're here to make money out of us."

Name me one example where anyone has actually made money out of owning a football club. Just one.

So you sign up to the thought that they are here to spend millions on a football club with no return...

I would imagine that a healthy profit can and will be made by this whole project.... I also would imagine not all profits will be going into the football club... OF that I am certain...

Edited by oafc0000

A statement that, in itself, embodies the scaling down of ambitions. The club has accepted the cut price option for the inferior development. More Colchester than Reebok. Maybe they have to-but it's reduced ambition whichever way you look at it.

So, if I accept the reduced ambition argument at all, you'd rather we retained the apparently higher ambitions of before despite the brutal truth that doing so would almost certainly send us to the wall?

I am growing tired of people going on about how they saved us. Yes they did and gratitude has been paid both from my pocket and to their faces. But the world moves on and they arent here just to save us. They are here to make money out of us.

And now they are saving us again!!!!! Just not on your preferred scale. I understand some of the mistrust, however, some is just plain stupid

So you sign up to the thought that they are here to spend millions on a football club with no return...

They have done so far.

I would imagine that a healthy profit can and will be made by this whole project.... I also would imagine not all profits will be going into the football club... OF that I am certain...

They make their money by other means. This is a hobby. Yes, they want to see a return on investment, but as much for the club as anything. And yes I'm sure they'd like to recoup some of their initial outlay too - can't blame them for that. But a healthy profit? Not a chance mate, not a chance.

Edited by garcon

How many times do we have to read this nonsense?

"They're here to make money out of us."

Name me one example where anyone has actually made money out of owning a football club. Just one.

They would have done from the BP land deal, and will endeavour to recoup what they can. Like anybody would.

Surely you're not claiming they came solely for our benefit?

And now they are saving us again!!!!! Just not on your preferred scale. I understand some of the mistrust, however, some is just plain stupid

Whats stupid ??

They are business men... I think they are here to make money... To do that they save the club and build the project... I dont think they are here JUST to build on land.. I think they want to save the club...

So, if I accept the reduced ambition argument at all, you'd rather we retained the apparently higher ambitions of before despite the brutal truth that doing so would almost certainly send us to the wall?

What-the keeping to the 16000 capacity of the BP redevelopment would send us to the wall?

They have done so far.

They make their money by other means. This is a hobby. Yes, they want to see a return on investment, but as much for the club as anything. And yes I'm sure they'd like to recoup some of their initial outlay too - can't blame them for that. But a healthy profit? Not a chance mate, not a chance.

Your putting them in the Chris Moores category I see...

Looks like I think more of them than you do. I never said they didn't want a return for the club.

As for no return... They currently own BP... Thats a massive asset my friend...

Edited by oafc0000

They came because they wanted to fulfil a dream of running a football club.

It's a similar analogy to one someone made earlier in the week ... I know alot of wealthy people who pursue a dream of motor racing at various levels. And that costs them A FORTUNE every year. What's the difference between that and pursuing a dream of running a football club?

Just because they are wealthy businessmen does not mean they are singlemindedly intent on reaping a personal profit from everything they do.

They came because they wanted to fulfil a dream of running a football club.

Just because they are wealthy businessmen does not mean they are singlemindedly intent on reaping a personal profit from everything they do.

I could not disagree more :)

How the hell do you conclude that from what I've said? :blink:

This is starting to get surreal now...

You think its a hobby for them... It was a hobby for Chris Moores... Thats all...

Anyway, we aren't going to agree over the size of the stadium and the if the TTA want to make money out of this..

I would settle for 12k with a design that is done with extension in mind....

Then I truly pity you, for you must live in a very strange world.

Yeah god forgive someone might disagree or have a difference of opinion with you...

I will leave you to your opinion... Mine is different though...

Edited by oafc0000

What? Switch to the away club's ground or lock people out? (Regarding the latter I was speaking metaphorically.)

Part of the entry requirement of the cup are that your ground will be suitable to host any tie in which you are drawn at home. They changed it after Arsenal drew a non league side away a few seasons back, and it was switched to Highbury.

Part of the entry requirement of the cup are that your ground will be suitable to host any tie in which you are drawn at home. They changed it after Arsenal drew a non league side away a few seasons back, and it was switched to Highbury.

I do find it a silly rule if both clubs agree...

Yeah god forgive someone might disagree or have a difference of opinion with you...

I will leave you to your opinion... Mine is different though...

:laught16:

Yes, we're all perfectly allowed to have our own, different, opinions.

It's just that some of yours make me think you live in a world I really wouldn't want to. To start with, one where all businessmen chase personal financial profit in absolutely everything they do, at the cost of all other parts of life. I find myself thinking you either don't know any successful businessmen, or the ones you do know are utter ****s.

:laught16:

Yes, we're all perfectly allowed to have our own, different, opinions.

It's just that some of yours make me think you live in a world I really wouldn't want to. To start with, one where all businessmen chase personal financial profit in absolutely everything they do, at the cost of all other parts of life. I find myself thinking you either don't know any successful businessmen, or the ones you do know are utter ****s.

I don't think you understand my thoughts at all then... Neither do I wish to discuss them further with you to be frank...

Edited by oafc0000