What the new stadium may look like

Toy town stands / grounds the lot of them...........if we are going to build a new stadium, it should be on the scale of Notts County.............not much to ask is it.............they built a fine stadium that caught the attention of a wealthy businessman now owner...............we should not be planning to fail, Notts county have half empty stadia for the last 2 seasons and now look, they look like they will be going places.....why...because they had an attractive asset to sell...........I mean Notts fecking County FFS.......the difference being there dared to dream and build a stadium with potential

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Toy town stands / grounds the lot of them...........if we are going to build a new stadium, it should be on the scale of Notts County.............not much to ask is it.............they built a fine stadium that caught the attention of a wealthy businessman now owner...............we should not be planning to fail, Notts county have half empty stadia for the last 2 seasons and now look, they look like they will be going places.....why...because they had an attractive asset to sell...........I mean Notts fecking County FFS.......the difference being there dared to dream and build a stadium with potential

No no no. You don't get it. Notts County are MASSIVE. They won something when the Vikings were in power. They have a truly enormous fanbase whereas ours has always been static. Nottingham is a megacity. They all hate Man Utd. Etc etc.

Latics will never agin attract more than 6000, so we have to have a ground to fit.

Ever downwards!

Thanks Hallam...........now thats what a town our size should be looking at.....I'm becoming a corp fan.....I think he understands the negativity in Oldham....always being the parenial bridesmaid

Notts-County--Meadow-Lane-General_1068494.jpg

I agree, thats more like it, I hope T4A take note.

Thanks Hallam...........now thats what a town our size should be looking at.....I'm becoming a corp fan.....I think he understands the negativity in Oldham....always being the parenial bridesmaid

Oldham has an inferiority complex. Just listen to the arguments on here as to why we always have to be third rate and can never hope to compete with superior clubs in superior towns with superior fans. Even though those towns differ little from Oldham and their football clubs were on their knees in dilapidated stadiums not long ago.

Oldham has an inferiority complex. Just listen to the arguments on here as to why we always have to be third rate and can never hope to compete with superior clubs in superior towns with superior fans. Even though those towns differ little from Oldham and their football clubs were on their knees in dilapidated stadiums not long ago.

I do wholeheartedly agree with you on this corporal, and now as an outsider looking in the inferiority complex seems more pronounced.

But the economic facts have to be lived with, and I beleive it starts with the schools, educating them to support Oldham!

Both as a town, the club and also to ensure the highest standards.

But also with the paretns, those that let standards slip, and do not comment on poor before.

Contempt breed contempt.

I do not think, though, allt he towns ills can be palced at LAtics doorstep, nor allt he solutions come from the ressurected Bondary Park

just had this e-mail back from alan... short but to the point

Lee

There will be different planning issues at Broadway but we would like to retain as much of the BP design as we can.

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

T: 0871 226 2235

F: 0871 226 1715

E: alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Lee

There will be different planning issues at Broadway but we would like to retain as much of the BP design as we can.

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

To the point ? Not really... Dosent answer any of your question...

To the point ? Not really... Dosent answer any of your question...

I donlt think Kellysheroes posted his email did he.

But if it was tabout his post about the gym etc, then he has said it willb e as much as posible, so that is good.

I'd say everything bar the flats will be put in at first

kellyshero was asking about what was happening in regards to the hotel etc...

I am guessing thats what his email to Alan was about...

I repeat... Alan gave nothing way so it wasnt to the point...

EDIT: You just changed your post :) So you suggesting the hotel is still on the cards ? :huh:

Edited by oafc0000

i just asked him about all of the origianl designs in stands, hotel, gym

wouldnt be that bothered about the hotel and gym just as long as they keep the stand plans which they were half decent and looked NOTHING like col and shrews :grin:

Edited by kellysheroes

Instead of copying dull stadiums in England why not look abroad for nicely designed ones, here are a few with capacity about 12-14,000.

Estadio Nelson Oyarzún, Chile (cover the gaps though)

Capacity: 12.000

22383800.jpg

Sheriff stadium in Moldova (very imposing)

13.000 seats

392792.gif

Molde. Norway (cosy and compact, I like this)

Capacity 11.200

molde04.jpg

Kristiansand, Norway (superb all round viewing)

Club: Start

Capacity: 14563

soer_arena_1207257300_485x323.jpg

Amiens, France (Stunning,but would this stand up to windy Oldham ?)

Capacity 11.875

amiens_licorne1.jpg

Would you fancy any of these in Failsworth ?

Edited by BP1960

I do wholeheartedly agree with you on this corporal, and now as an outsider looking in the inferiority complex seems more pronounced.

But the economic facts have to be lived with, and I beleive it starts with the schools, educating them to support Oldham!

Both as a town, the club and also to ensure the highest standards.

But also with the paretns, those that let standards slip, and do not comment on poor before.

Contempt breed contempt.

I do not think, though, allt he towns ills can be palced at LAtics doorstep, nor allt he solutions come from the ressurected Bondary Park

It's already been proved that the only way a club can 'educate' people to support it is to offer something worth supporting on the pitch-the only place that counts, ultimately. In this age of supposedly world class football on the telly every night, and extortionate admission charges, third division mediocrity can't attract significant numbers of new fans. Why would a floating fan in Oldham pay what it costs to watch Latics flounder around against Cheltenham, say, when they can see United or City for not much more and without too much travel inconvenience?

If anybody thinks that the new stadium will attract new fans on a permanent basis without something to seriously capture their interest on the pitch, they need to think again.

Lee

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive/Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

What BP design? The existing one or the proposed redevelopment?

If it's the latter, how about retaining those 4000 extra seats that will keep us out of the tinpot category of football club?

What BP design? The existing one or the proposed redevelopment?

If it's the latter, how about retaining those 4000 extra seats that will keep us out of the tinpot category of football club?

why don't you email Alan and ask him.