Interview with Mike Newton

Anyone heard the interview with the new board member on latics world?

this fills me with confidence!

tallking about the stadium:

"has to be modern stadium but keep the history and tradition of the club"

examples he gives: NY yankees, Baltimore Oreos(i think thats how you say it, correct me if im wrong)

Which shows me that they are interested in kepping this very much an Oldham club i think he says something like "you can get any piece of metal and paint it blue" this shows me the history of the club is an important factor to them in looking at the future

about fans:

"input extremely important, coupled with leadership from the board"

and

"not making promises we cant keep, fans not fools"

he is looking to put stability into the club and not getting wide eyed, will look at getting glory days back after securing a future,

I know people will be coming in now with the "lack of ambition" etc. but i think this is showing ambition by making us stable and secure for the future.

examples he gives: NY yankees, Baltimore Oreos(i think thats how you say it, correct me if im wrong)

Which shows me that they are interested in kepping this very much an Oldham club i think he says something like "you can get any piece of metal and paint it blue" this shows me the history of the club is an important factor to them in looking at the future

about fans:

and

he is looking to put stability into the club and not getting wide eyed, will look at getting glory days back after securing a future,

I know people will be coming in now with the "lack of ambition" etc. but i think this is showing ambition by making us stable and secure for the future.

when he smiles he reminds me of the joker - jack nicholsons version :grin:

Edited by palmer1

about fans:

and

Stop reporting all this positive stuff will you, people haven't yet exhausted all the negativity from the original story!

If the new director has come in to give us the benefit of his financial smarts and we subsequently sell Eardley for £175k...hmmm.

IF, we have sold him for £175k, I'd agree. Though if the fee is undisclosed then it is more likely to be that amount!

Surely though, we would not have to sell for that much. The board have backed Penney, and even if Eardley wanted to move, we would not sell for such a paltry sum.

It has to be our cut of the deal (more 500k ish) as Wrexham get so much?

EDIT

MAybe it might involve someone coming the other way?

Edited by singe

about fans:

and

I wonder if we now understand the reason for his appointment? It may be that he has been brought in to deliver the new ground, deal with the financing of the development/sale of and work out the exit of TTA from OAFC?

It's important that we understand who will own the assets - OAFC or Brassbank going forward.

I really think a 12000 seater stadium is too small. If there was a plan to extend to 20000 if necessary it would be OK. A championship club cannot survive on gates of a maximum of 12000. The teams bringing a large following would not get the tickets they wanted, which brings problems with fans trying to get into home areas, and a loss of much needed income. What happens when we draw Man U or Man C. in the cup. Do we give them the whole stadium?