can someone give the list of boozers close to the proposed..

bet ogm..carters,,clayton green are all a bit upset by this

Not that many at the moment ,

The Lamb inn , shut at the moment will probly open again one the ground is built

Last orders about a ten min walk to the ground

The Mare and fole simillar distance

The millgate

Then you have the ones round failsworth pole which is a good fifteen min walk to the proposed

There is a large pub on broadway but i cant remember the name of it which is 5 mins away.

Not that many at the moment ,

The Lamb inn , shut at the moment will probly open again one the ground is built

Last orders about a ten min walk to the ground

The Mare and fole simillar distance

The millgate

Then you have the ones round failsworth pole which is a good fifteen min walk to the proposed

There is a large pub on broadway but i cant remember the name of it which is 5 mins away.

the broadway

the whitegate

I am hoping that the new ground will be a lot more drinker friendly, there should also be bars in the development I would have thought similar to the clayton arms.

What's going to happen to the Rifle Oldhams number one drinking establishment!

Surely a minibus every 10mins :lol:

Rifle Range, Clayton Green (Which I couldn't care less about), Queens, White Hart and OGM will all suffer hugely from this move, as will Burtons News and the local chippys etc. The lions share of any gains will be the likes of The Lamb, The Bulls Head etc, which come under Manchester.

Oldham loses more trade to other areas, yet this council won't shed a tear - they've never really been concerned about local business.

Rifle Range, Clayton Green (Which I couldn't care less about), Queens, White Hart and OGM will all suffer hugely from this move, as will Burtons News and the local chippys etc. The lions share of any gains will be the likes of The Lamb, The Bulls Head etc, which come under Manchester.

Oldham loses more trade to other areas, yet this council won't shed a tear - they've never really been concerned about local business.

Surely common sense states the club builds some sort fans social club/suite into the plans and perhaps externally summat like Scunny have built on site with the Brewers Fayre type effort.

Surely common sense states the club builds some sort fans social club/suite into the plans

Yeah, it's a must. Maximise on revenue and all the profit goes into the pub.

To be fair, there's no shortage of pubs around there, and lots of them that aren't officially in Manchester.

They'll have 2 years to prepare for the downturn in trade.....

What's going to happen to the Rifle Oldhams number one drinking establishment!

Surely a minibus every 10mins :lol:

That is a genius idea, I would be more than happy to chuck a couple of quid at this every home game if it meant I could keep going in a decent boozer.

They'll have 2 years to prepare for the downturn in trade.....

Will that be 2 years to pack their bags? How else do you prepare for your business going down the pan, when the key source of revenue comes from Latics home games?

Trade is already dying round there. Those pubs rely hugely on the football matches.

sorry to piss on your chips the bulls head pays its councill tax & licencing fees to ombc mate ! should know drink there regular and mates with the landlord suspect the lamb is the same so how is trade going to other areas ?

The Lamb is Oldham, and the Bulls Head is technically in no-mans land.

Pretty pointless exercise this, being as we won't be using the new ground til 2011/12 season at the earliest and half the local boozers will probably have closed by then. :(

(Can't remember the last time I went to the pub around a home game, so no bother to me ... I save my drinking for away trips! :grin: )

will it be quicker coming off the m62 at oldham and going down broadway

or go down the m60 and come off at failsworth...for us motorwayers

Broadway probably coming from East, M60 probably coming from West

sorry to piss on your chips the bulls head pays its councill tax & licencing fees to ombc mate ! should know drink there regular and mates with the landlord suspect the lamb is the same so how is trade going to other areas ?

I stand corrected if this is true. The Lamb I can see being under OMBC, but I'm surprised at the Bulls Head, as when Stotty had it he always applied to Manchester for his licence (That WAS 20 years ago though).

nearest hostelry at present is the Lancaster Club, but its claimed the

club would be used for an indoor football pitch.

Seem's daft of the club to turn it into an indoor football pitch. Surely keep that building as a pub, the revenue from the locals will help during the week and matchday's the pub will be the main drinking establishment.

The local drinkers will be happy that they've still got their local boozer also City fan's have a coach going from there so we'd even be cashing in from the lighter blue side of Failsworth. All profit that goes to Latics which is win win.