fans ashes at BP and the move...

Not too sure if I am right on this one...but...

Aren't there some fans/players ashes scattered on the hollowed ground of BP???...I seem to remember this being done in the 80's/90's and if so...

Do they have "rights" somehow or have to some religious ceremony removal thingy before the construction crews descend?

Then again I could have dreamt it????...

Please let me know

Thanks

Aren't there some fans/players ashes scattered on the hollowed ground of BP???...I seem to remember this being done in the 80's/90's and if so...

Do they have "rights" somehow or have to some religious ceremony removal thingy before the construction crews descend?

Please let me know

Thanks

Good point. My cousin DAvids ashes were scattered at the Chaddy End a few years ago. SAd to think of them under someones :censored:house.

STAY AT BP PLEASE

Good point. My cousin DAvids ashes were scattered at the Chaddy End a few years ago. SAd to think of them under someones :censored:house.

STAY AT BP PLEASE

Thanks for the confirmation...thought my one marble rolling around had finally gone...wonder if the club may make a statment on this and take relatives views into account and what happens next.

I presume it has happened at other stadium relocations.

I am sorry about your loss too

Very sad, but ashes and bones are scattered all lover the the place.

Does that mean that change should never occur? Look at London. If you applied a no development on land where ashes or burials have occured it would still be a village.

If my loved one died, I would not scatter them on a football ground. Hardly a place of holiness. I watched a TV programme tonight where loved ones ashes were made into a range of diamonds, paintings and shot gun pellets. It is personal choice and should not stop life going on.

all fair points....something for us all to consider I suppose after we have shook off our mortal coil... Do you think you final resting place is going to be disturbed and does the thought bother you now whilst you are still alive and kicking...?

Yes we are all living history I suppose and the way the population is going, I suppose being jettisoned into space is the only safe option...but

I have gone off the topic, I am all for a new stadium guys, I was just curious/needed clarification over the ashes at BP and what offically the club would/could do about it and would there be some sort of ceremony to remember them in our new home, especially for those living relatives that are effected.....

all fair points....something for us all to consider I suppose after we have shook off our mortal coil... Do you think you final resting place is going to be disturbed and does the thought bother you now whilst you are still alive and kicking...?

Yes we are all living history I suppose and the way the population is going, I suppose being jettisoned into space is the only safe option...but

I have gone off the topic, I am all for a new stadium guys, I was just curious/needed clarification over the ashes at BP and what offically the club would/could do about it and would there be some sort of ceremony to remember them in our new home, especially for those living relatives that are effected.....

When my step father died we considered scattering his ashes at B.P. Fortunately we didn't.

If we had gone ahead, I am sure my family would be distraught at the prospect of developers moving in and violating his final resting place. I think the board need to consider this carefully.

Perhaps a small, discreet memorial somewhere in the new stadium for those people who have had their ashes scattered somewhere in B.P.

When my step father died we considered scattering his ashes at B.P. Fortunately we didn't.

If we had gone ahead, I am sure my family would be distraught at the prospect of developers moving in and violating his final resting place. I think the board need to consider this carefully.

Perhaps a small, discreet memorial somewhere in the new stadium for those people who have had their ashes scattered somewhere in B.P.

I'm pretty sure alot of grounds have gone health and safety madness gone mad on this and banned it. My mate had to go through an ex-player to get his dads done at Newcastle (on a 'tour' of the ground). Then again at Burnley/Port Vale they'd probably sponsor the ashes for a few quid.

On a side note, I'd rather my ashes were at the place where all my memories were, rather than something I never knew. If someone wants the other, stick 'em in an urn and take them to games.

On a side note, I'd rather my ashes were at the place where all my memories were, rather than something I never knew. If someone wants the other, stick 'em in an urn and take them to games.

I am sure with the benefit of hindsight, anyone who has scattered ashes at B.P. is now regretting it. The point is the board now have to consider how to deal with this respectfully and sensitively.

A small memorial in the new ground shouldn't be a problem and relatives, I am sure, would appreciate it.

I am sure with the benefit of hindsight, anyone who has scattered ashes at B.P. is now regretting it. The point is the board now have to consider how to deal with this respectfully and sensitively.

A small memorial in the new ground shouldn't be a problem and relatives, I am sure, would appreciate it.

Not going all commercial on this, but they could do the 'put your name in a brick' thing which loads of other clubs do, thus killing two birds with one stone. Many of these have headstone-esque writing on them. I suppose it is yet another thing to consider in a few months from now.

NB. As mentioned, I'm not sure everyone would be. BP is the place everything happened. That is the hallowed turf as far as the person is concerned. What happens afterwards is not why you would want to be scattered there*. Not sure on this one.

*Unless it becomes Yorkshire, then the earth should be dug up and shifted to the right side of the border.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Please let me know

Thanks

I am sure the club will not reject an approach for anyone to hold any type of ceremony they may wish to do.

Please let me know

Thanks

With all due respect, anybody's ashes that were scattered will have long since blown away by now. Can't understand the fuss. Everything changes eventually. And the club certainly doesn't owe anyone too much with this.

I think when you scater someones ashes it isnt actually about the "ashes".. Its a symbolic place you lay your loved on to rest. I can very much understand peoples feelings.

The world moves on, we even move / destroy grave yards from time to time. So this isnt much different and shouldnt stop the development. But I do understand peoples feelings.

We have to move on, but as mentioned I'm sure a suitable ceremony and maybe even a small plaque wouldn't be out of the question.

The club could go along the lines of a dedication wall at the new stadium, supporters pay for individual bricks to be inscribed - would be a nice touch and a nice little earner.

The club could go along the lines of a dedication wall at the new stadium, supporters pay for individual bricks to be inscribed - would be a nice touch and a nice little earner.

Which is what happens at a large number of grounds these days, is the way forward for the new ground.

Not going all commercial on this, but they could do the 'put your name in a brick' thing which loads of other clubs do

N

this was noticed at many grounds when we completed the 92 clubs, and I suspect the club have now already had this mentioned to them

We have to move on, but as mentioned I'm sure a suitable ceremony

My grandad was scattered at Sheddings and I the club had a ceremony fo relatives before the ground was knocked down

My God, what kind of last request led to that?

"When I die, I want to be turned into little balls and propelled at a high velocity into the arse of a fleeing grouse."

:unsure:

That has brought a smile to my face classic.........should be a book made of "forum funny quotes"

and this would be a top entry for it.

not wishing to sound insensitive, but its my opinion that if you burn a corpse to ash, then sprinkle it out in the open, not much ash will be left there even a day later.

Read my post to gain a further insight....

Edited by oafc0000

not wishing to sound insensitive, but its my opinion that if you burn a corpse to ash, then sprinkle it out in the open, not much ash will be left there even a day later.

actually an this is gonna sound awful but, less ash than you think, when my late partner die and I decide the life for a life memorial tree would have been a good resting place for him....and not meaning to sound morbid but he was more like "small shale/gravel"...same with my gran as she wanted to be scattered on her husbands gave at greenacres and although she blew around a bit...there were "shaley bits" left on the soil...

so you don't exactly come back as "ash" and the urn is quite heavy too - not like in the movie"meet the parents" when the grans ashes are on the mantel....in fact the mantel would break. Ashes are quite surprisingly heavy...

Sorry about the morbidness....anyway just off to the masters...

C'mon you blues..

Think this would be a good idea plus anyone who's ashes were scattered at BP can have their name enscribed for free on the wall aslong as they have the familys go ahead to do it.