Darren Byfield has signed

been told he has signed on short term deal the news will be on oldham site this week.

there may be some central defenders on trailist before saturday i think these players who i think are good players.

what do i need to click to get the whole forum on the site rather then click on left hand side other threads if you know what i mean.

Sorry he called Darren lol.

Cheers

RoyalArmy

Edited by RoyleArmy

why am going to get banned i heard this from couple of people not as if am going to be right about it remember its a forum to post anything.

Don't worry Royle Army, the clue is in the ...

Maybe he should have put :wink:

Carry on as you are.

As ease.

He's only ever going to be cover for Parker and Abbot and taking into account Abbots' injury record and Parkers' discipline problems it's not the worst signing, as long as he's cheap! In my humble opinion he has a better footballing brain than COG, ok struggles abit in his execution but thats why he's vying for a contract with a L1 club.

er no!

Class player, remember when he was here last year the team as a whole was crap. He showed enough for me last year to warrant the opportunity

totally agree!

Last year thought he did well, just wasnt fit enough and had the midfield (barring taylor) with the pace of 4 5mph electric wheelchairs.

does a lot of TEAM work holding ball/making runs and given some slack will score goals especially with our midfield this season.

COG is just sh1te, has the football brain of a sloth and couldnt hit a barn door if it was attached to his foot. Wanted him to do well but these pre season games have topped it off for me, crap.

Lewis is promising but as with COG hasnt done enough yet.

Abbott, Parker, Byfield = 3 strikers and club in our league (barrring leeds and huddersfield) would have

er no!

Class player, remember when he was here last year the team as a whole was crap. He showed enough for me last year to warrant the opportunity

oh dear............................................................................

Byfield's performances were, on the whole, good for the first 55-60 minutes.

His problems came between 60 and 75 minutes when he was invariably substituted. He wasn't fit enough to play 90 minutes.

I believe he played 8 games for Latics - W4 D4 L0. That's actually promotion form.

He scored a neat goal at Crewe and won us a penalty (Orient?) too.

I would have played Alessandra alongside Hughes rather than get in a loan striker, but a fully match fit Byfield is more than capable of doing a good job at this level.

Edited by opinions4u

er no!

I'm with you Mark, the thing he was lacking last season was fitness and match sharpness. That will soon come with a decent run of games.