Whilst over the last 3-4 years and during TTA tenure, we constantly question, ask and rightly so - what our TTA are looking at long term for the club - also, many questions are asked of Barry Owen and the trust - again rightly so, though Owen does seem to be TTA's own Punch or Judy, dependant upon what they wish to tell him.

However, with all of this talk once again of us moving, I think it's time..........and maybe the meeting on Monday may allow this (although the structure and format of these things don't usually allow you to ask "questions close to the bone") That we asked why and what has and does Ian Hill, a director, do for this football club - because as far as i can see, he is doing a very good job for the future profit of TTA and himself and has bugger all interest in OAFC as a football club.

The rugby club had John Chadwick as the 'financial' bad guy - we had Ian Stott many years ago and people have even said 'Alan Hardy' - yet i'm sure that without his work over the years we would be in a far worse position.

I would just be interested to know how interested he is in the football - or are his future family apartments in the med being built on the back of our latest proposed move?

I am not trying to create mischief nor start a 'silly' answer brigade going, my only question is...

Does anyone really know?

Thanks.

He's been a Latics season ticket holder since forever.

I'm not asking about his 'past history as a fan' that was well 'highlighted' when he was taken on board - I am interested in what he brings to the club as a director - back in '04 when the TTA took over, they stated in many interviews in the press, that without his help, the takeover may never had gone on, in relation to his 'property knowledge'. Yet, we have heard very little of this fans input in the last 4/5 years.

I'm not asking about his 'past history as a fan' that was well 'highlighted' when he was taken on board - I am interested in what he brings to the club as a director - back in '04 when the TTA took over, they stated in many interviews in the press, that without his help, the takeover may never had gone on, in relation to his 'property knowledge'. Yet, we have heard very little of this fans input in the last 4/5 years.

Ian Hill is a strong figure at the club and is very much involved more than people think behind the scenes. As mentioned, he represents the club through numerous formats, such as at away games. His experience and contacts in property development is the key reason why he has been at the forefront of the stadium plans throughout.

Ian Hill is a strong figure at the club and is very much involved more than people think behind the scenes. As mentioned, he represents the club through numerous formats, such as at away games. His experience and contacts in property development is the key reason why he has been at the forefront of the stadium plans throughout.

Thank you .......but which ones? The original ones to 're-develop' Boundary Park and turn most of it into property?

Or the new scheme, to re-locate to the edge of the Oldham border?

Again thanks for all mentioning how 'well' he supports the club away from home!

Thank you .......but which ones? The original ones to 're-develop' Boundary Park and turn most of it into property?

Or the new scheme, to re-locate to the edge of the Oldham border?

Again thanks for all mentioning how 'well' he supports the club away from home!

If i remember rightly, I think he has assisted and advised the club in both redevelopment proposals over the past years.

Guest FyldeBlue
Alan Hardy is a paid employee earning a lot of money by all accounts. Thats why he goes to all away games.

If we did not have AH's Salary draining away at the club resources we could have at least another two maybe 3 or 4 players on the staff.

It's late and I'm tired but this post is probably the worst I've ever seen.

Dear futchers brief, if Ian Hill is cavorting with your wife, give him a slap, otherwise, zip it shut.

A pointless post, fuelled by pink wine?

As i mentioned in my original question - I am only asking what his 'role' involves - no mischief, no having a 'pop' at the guy -

Obviously by your 'petty' answer, you are not sure either, again in my original post I requested any 'useful information' not silly replies - as for 'zipping it shut', after pink wine - note the time of your final post as to my original one!!!

Guest sheridans_world
If we did not have AH's Salary draining away at the club resources we could have at least another two maybe 3 or 4 players on the staff.

:laught16:

IH brings sponsorship to the club (R&D have been key sponsors of the club over recent years) and property experience, assisting to drive all stadium plans forward. I would presume that he's been key at bringing revenue into the club including things like the telephone masts attached to the floodlights. The NHS also rent the car parking land from the club, so I'd suggest that it's him that sorts the lease out, along with the acquisition of the Clayton Arms and the managemtn and tender of the demolition work.

I'd suggest with all the property work involved with the club at the minute, he brings more to the table than many think....all against the backdrop of him trying to manage (and perhaps stay afloat considering the marketplace) R&D.

As i mentioned in my original question - I am only asking what his 'role' involves - no mischief, no having a 'pop' at the guy -

Obviously by your 'petty' answer, you are not sure either, again in my original post I requested any 'useful information' not silly replies - as for 'zipping it shut', after pink wine - note the time of your final post as to my original one!!!

I'm still not sure of the point you were making but my reply was certainly out of order.

I extend the olive branch!

Whilst over the last 3-4 years and during TTA tenure, we constantly question, ask and rightly so - what our TTA are looking at long term for the club - also, many questions are asked of Barry Owen and the trust - again rightly so, though Owen does seem to be TTA's own Punch or Judy, dependant upon what they wish to tell him.

However, with all of this talk once again of us moving, I think it's time..........and maybe the meeting on Monday may allow this (although the structure and format of these things don't usually allow you to ask "questions close to the bone") That we asked why and what has and does Ian Hill, a director, do for this football club - because as far as i can see, he is doing a very good job for the future profit of TTA and himself and has bugger all interest in OAFC as a football club.

The rugby club had John Chadwick as the 'financial' bad guy - we had Ian Stott many years ago and people have even said 'Alan Hardy' - yet i'm sure that without his work over the years we would be in a far worse position.

I would just be interested to know how interested he is in the football - or are his future family apartments in the med being built on the back of our latest proposed move?

I am not trying to create mischief nor start a 'silly' answer brigade going, my only question is...

Does anyone really know?

Thanks.

If you'd bothered to do just a tiny bit of asking around or research on the man you'd wouldn't have posted up something as far wide of the mark as you did there...

People are entitled to ask questions of anyone at the football club, but despite your claims to the contrary, you were sniping and you know it - why else would you insinuate that he's feathering his own nest ?

Is it not clear what the man brings to the table for TTA and OAFC ?....He's an expert in property, land and commerce with a massive passion for OAFC. I expect it's a great deal for both parties - TTA get a local property expert on the board and benefit from all the knowledge and contacts he brings with him, and Ian gets to sit on the board of the club he has supported all his life and play a role in helping them move on to better things.

I know Ian personally and professionally.

Then all we’d need would be someone on a voluntary basis to carry out duties including:

Act as administrator handling all club correspondence, all other communications and being first point of contact on behalf of the club.

Follow all guidelines laid down by the club, the FL and the FA.

Attend meetings to represent the club e.g. league meetings, regional meetings.

Attend disciplinary hearings.

Register all club players and officials.

Liaise with the club’s opponents.

In conjunction with the chairman, administer Board meetings and ensure all required actions have been carried out.

Organise any special club events.

Ensure that all FA Protection Policies and Disciplinary Procedures are implemented and adhered to.

Take all reasonable steps, where possible, to protect all players and officials from harm or the risk of harm during all activities.

If you'd bothered to do just a tiny bit of asking around or research on the man you'd wouldn't have posted up something as far wide of the mark as you did there...

People are entitled to ask questions of anyone at the football club, but despite your claims to the contrary, you were sniping and you know it - why else would you insinuate that he's feathering his own nest ?

Is it not clear what the man brings to the table for TTA and OAFC ?....He's an expert in property, land and commerce with a massive passion for OAFC. I expect it's a great deal for both parties - TTA get a local property expert on the board and benefit from all the knowledge and contacts he brings with him, and Ian gets to sit on the board of the club he has supported all his life and play a role in helping them move on to better things.

I know Ian personally and professionally.

Thanks YD - that's why i asked and i appreciate your response on it.

If it came across as a 'personal snipe' then it wasn't intentional and I apologise, I was genuinely curious - you gave an answer - Thanks.