Tannoy in RRE!

All close season the've had and still you can't hear a bloody thing in RRE! Surely can't be that hard to fix.

P.S Thought the dugouts had been moved to lookers side?

I think that was a slight confusion by some :lol: . Was the Sky box for the Ruggers last Thursday :)

Guest sheridans_world
All close season the've had and still you can't hear a bloody thing in RRE! Surely can't be that hard to fix.

Thanks god for that, we thought it was just the chaddy.

Sods law, we couldnt hear it in the first half, they turned it up at half time and we couldnt hear what we were saying.

Too quiet then too loud!!!

thought that was what pre-seaon was for , sort out the hiccups- main stand paddock couldnt make out what was said all game - cant say im aresed but would have liked a bit of music - shocking

It's the little things like this that contribute to the overall deterioration of the condition and facilities at BP.

You should be "arsed", as the money you pay for your tickets contributes to every aspect of the club, including the P.A. system.

It's the little things like this that contribute to the overall deterioration of the condition and facilities at BP.

You should be "arsed", as the money you pay for your tickets contributes to every aspect of the club, including the P.A. system.

sorry! :disappointed:

i am arsed its just franny does my head in sometmes

thought that was what pre-seaon was for , sort out the hiccups- main stand paddock couldnt make out what was said all game - cant say im aresed but would have liked a bit of music - shocking

Music? We had the ATC band with Chaddy the Owl on cymbals - what more do you want? :shock:

Someone will be asking for Guns of Navarone next!! B)

Music? We had the ATC band with Chaddy the Owl on cymbals - what more do you want? :shock:

Someone will be asking for Guns of Navarone next!! B)

I'd have the ATC band firing Chaddy through the Guns of Navarone rather than the appalling tripe that passes for the music at BP. I know we go for the footie and that the music is provided by HMV but surely they can find something decent in that shop of theirs? Half time comes along and bleeding Lady Gaga being pumped out, to a crowd of mostly heterosexual men, who's dumb idea is that? Just what is called for, some gender-bending she-man-beast thing from America pumped into BP.

How many people have gone out today, or will go out tomorrow and buy that muck due to hearing it at the game? With all the good music that has been produced in the last 60 or so years why do we have to have this crap year after year? Small point I know but it winds me up.

As for the "Let's get ready to rumble" - what purpose do they think that serves? Does it inspire the team? Does it make the fans enjoy the game more? No. It needs to be stopped.

Half time comes along and bleeding Lady Gaga being pumped out, to a crowd of mostly heterosexual men, who's dumb idea is that? Just what is called for, some gender-bending she-man-beast thing from America pumped into BP.

I'm no fan or popular rhythm combinations on the whole, but I would be slow to rule out the possibility of having a lot of fun whilst Miss Gaga is filling the airwaves. Possibly 3.45 on a Saturday afternoon on the Chaddy End might not be ideal, granted.

P.S Thought the dugouts had been moved to lookers side?

and all the seats were filthy....is it a case of no one could be bothered...a :sign0003: nice way to welcome back fans after 3 months away

You should have seen the dirty look AH gave the tannoy man in the main stand when the tannoy started feedbacking (if that's a proper word) something awful close to half time. The music is not the best but it's what's in the charts (or was recently) and its probably left over from HMV. I would highly doubt anyone went out and bought any of the songs that were played on Saturday just because they heard them at BP but on the same token I highly doubt we had to pay for the CDs (although you need a license to play them)- they are probably just stuff that HMV didn't sell out of recently which means its going to be the stuff they have in abundance, not some classic songs from days gone by (which people think are somehow automatically better than the more modern stuff). I would think that having a working tannoy system at a football ground is mandatory though- health and saftey reasons- but ours doesn't seem that much worse than some others.

Big Joe told T3A BP needed a lick of paint, but didn't mention needing a new P.A. so we haven't got one.

It's prob a minor job with a small fee but it would improve the experience of the game

Big Joe didn't sit in the Chaddy, or RRE so he wouldn't know. It's a good job the RRE isn't being used for the Forum tonight or we would have had to rely on the rarely wrong Chron to find out what was said.

You should have seen the dirty look AH gave the tannoy man in the main stand when the tannoy started feedbacking (if that's a proper word) something awful close to half time. The music is not the best but it's what's in the charts (or was recently) and its probably left over from HMV. I would highly doubt anyone went out and bought any of the songs that were played on Saturday just because they heard them at BP but on the same token I highly doubt we had to pay for the CDs (although you need a license to play them)- they are probably just stuff that HMV didn't sell out of recently which means its going to be the stuff they have in abundance, not some classic songs from days gone by (which people think are somehow automatically better than the more modern stuff). I would think that having a working tannoy system at a football ground is mandatory though- health and saftey reasons- but ours doesn't seem that much worse than some others.

Haven't you heard? New music IS rubbish.

Big Joe didn't sit in the Chaddy, or RRE so he wouldn't know. It's a good job the RRE isn't being used for the Forum tonight or we would have had to rely on the rarely wrong Chron to find out what was said.

Maybe it has been know that the tannoy is on it's last legs all along, and that is why the venue is Chadderton as chosen.. :wink: