Help - My Sports Degree at Uni

Hi all,

need a bit of help, i will be starting my 2nd year at uni this sept doing a sports management degree and we have to find work experience for ourselves to do in jan for 3 weeks. havin tried latics and not getting a reply as well as being told i can't do it at city, united, sportscity etc. i was wonderting if any of my fellow latics fans had any ideas on were i could do it around the oldham/manchester area?? ideally somewhere in grassroots football as this is were i see myself after i get my degree.

cheers for any help

I might be help you get a good contact mate. PM me your number and name and i will pass them onto Colin Moore who is head of community development at Latics. Im sure he will do his best to help you out, and if not he will put you in contact with the best person to help you out elsewhere.

Hi all,

need a bit of help, i will be starting my 2nd year at uni this sept doing a sports management degree and we have to find work experience for ourselves to do in jan for 3 weeks. havin tried latics and not getting a reply as well as being told i can't do it at city, united, sportscity etc. i was wonderting if any of my fellow latics fans had any ideas on were i could do it around the oldham/manchester area?? ideally somewhere in grassroots football as this is were i see myself after i get my degree.

cheers for any help

I asked for a years work experiance with Latics with no pay and didn't even get a reply from Latics. Try Oldham Rugby if your not tied to football. Within a week I was in a meeting with chief exec discussing what I would be doing.

cheers fellas for the replies.

yeah that would be great chaddy if you could do that and cheers ritchie for the advice, i think the uni do something with oldham as well were a student goes to do thier work experience there but it means coming home everyweek to do it instead of doing it over 3 weeks or 120 hours, which would be my preferred option.

Just and update, i passed the details on and Colin has sent you an email asking you to ring him to sort it out, he is more than happy to help you. Arent i the helpful one this week? <_<

billy Graham-esque in your Evangelical quest to spread the good word.

BTW, one question I emant to ask you.

wHere was the BBC trailer filmed, it looks like it was in a street towards Trafalgar Square. No doubt I am compeltely wrong, but was a bit intrerested

Thanks

Glad to be of help Michael.

To answer the question about the trailer. The scene in the office was filmed in the BBC Sport offices at BBC studios at white city in London. The scene at the revolving door was the main doors to white city studios, and the scene chasing the bus was on the street behind the studios. There is a large housing complex across the road and all the people were out watching us, but you couldnt see them as the bus blocked the view.

Very fun weekend down there though to film it.

Edited by chaddy the owl

Glad to be of help Michael.

To answer the question about the trailer. The scene in the office was filmed in the BBC Sport offices at BBC studios at white city in London. The scene at the revolving door was the main doors to white city studios, and the scene chasing the bus was on the street behind the studios. There is a large housing complex across the road and all the people were out watching us, but you couldnt see them as the bus blocked the view.

Very fun weekend down there though to film it.

It will be remembered like the Abbey Road album cover location .... :grin:

Hi all,

cheers for any help

The Oldham athletic sport in the community officer John Platt (ex oldham goalkeeper) helped me out for a 5 week work placement several years ago now! He seemed more than happy to have an extra pair of hands to help run football coaching sessions around local schools. Try and get hold of him!

Edited by laticsmad

The Oldham athletic sport in the community officer John Platt (ex oldham goalkeeper) helped me out for a 5 week work placement several years ago now! He seemed more than happy to have an extra pair of hands to help run football coaching sessions around local schools. Try and get hold of him!

Cheers mate but hopefully the thing with Colin Moore is a go-er, but cheers anyway

also cheers Sheridans_world for moving it to this forum, all the help off everyone is really appreciated

Bloomin eck!!!...is he still going???...I remember a junior school scoring a penalty against him on a sat fun day. hey, I still have the certificate too. Well done John, keep going.

Hi all,

cheers for any help

Which uni are you at? My son is aiming to do a Business/Sports degree, having just done his AS level. He's looking at Loughborough, Exeter or Sheffield. If you have any tips for him I would be greatful.

Which uni are you at? My son is aiming to do a Business/Sports degree, having just done his AS level. He's looking at Loughborough, Exeter or Sheffield. If you have any tips for him I would be greatful.

i go to leeds met mate, i do sports business management. its a really good course, you have to majority of lectures at Headingley Stadium, were the rhinos play and were the cricket is played so you get a good feel of how a club is run. most of the stuff i did in my 1st year was like marketing. were we had to hyperthetically plan an events for the day of a leeds carnegie rugby union match, a bit like celebration sunday for us to try and get more fans coming to the rugby club then we had to present it to our module leaders and the chief execuative (i think it was him anyway) of leeds carnegie. this year apart from the work experience module, i will be doing a module of football :grin: . this i hope is really easy and all i have to do is watch football all day but knowing my luck it will be what length the grass should be on a football pitch and another one on mass media, were ive been told its on how the sports media controls society, which sound pretty good. my course is all coursework as well. i hope this has helped.

that all i can really think of at the minute and if you need any more information on the course just PM me of something and ill be more than happy to give more insight into it.

i go to leeds met mate, i do sports business management. its a really good course, you have to majority of lectures at Headingley Stadium, were the rhinos play and were the cricket is played so you get a good feel of how a club is run. most of the stuff i did in my 1st year was like marketing. were we had to hyperthetically plan an events for the day of a leeds carnegie rugby union match, a bit like celebration sunday for us to try and get more fans coming to the rugby club then we had to present it to our module leaders and the chief execuative (i think it was him anyway) of leeds carnegie. this year apart from the work experience module, i will be doing a module of football :grin: . this i hope is really easy and all i have to do is watch football all day but knowing my luck it will be what length the grass should be on a football pitch and another one on mass media, were ive been told its on how the sports media controls society, which sound pretty good. my course is all coursework as well. i hope this has helped.

that all i can really think of at the minute and if you need any more information on the course just PM me of something and ill be more than happy to give more insight into it.

Thanks a lot. I'll pass this on to my son.